Chapter 7

Story Book

So that’s how you ended up sitting in your old crush’s apartment, looking around his living room. It was a rather big place, a lot bigger than you expected from someone who was serving coffee to people not that long ago. His couch was made of black leather, offering three seats. It was the only one, but it still look new and costly. There was a lot table, along with a flat TV, which wasn’t the biggest you had seen in your life, but what still much better than yours. Next to the TV set, there was a bookshelf with books, wine and beer glasses, some pictures of him when he was younger along with people that you assumed were either friends or family, and CDs holder that were keeping his music collection safe. Impressive, for someone who was starting in the music industry… You were sitting on the couch, which was the only thing separating the living room from the kitchen. There was three doors. One was near you, which was closed, one was next to the fridge, since the fridge couldn’t be next to the counter, which was half opened, though you couldn’t see inside, and he last one was next to the last door, fully opened and leading on the bathroom. If you had to guess, the two rooms you had no idea what they were were either bedrooms or one bedroom and a office. Still, impressive…

Jungkook was busy doing whatever he was doing in the kitchen, though the smell of coffee was a big hint. You were a bit too uncomfortable to talk, but the silence was…awkward. You ended up getting up, looking more around his living room. The bookshelf was hidden by a little chunk of a wall, so…why not check was he was reading? She had been told once by one of her friends that you could guess someone’s personality by the books they read. Though, most of them looked to be cooking books, one caught your attention.

It looked like…a sketchbook? You knew what those looked like, obviously, since you were still drawing, and well, it had been a big part of your life. Funny, you didn’t think he would draw too. It was one like you used to use a lot, though now you would mostly use tiny ones, since well, they were easier to bring everywhere.

Seeing it made you smile. You had lost one, right? You were curious to know where it was now…

She peeked towards the kitchen. You could still hear noises form there. Letting your curiosity win, you silently pulled it out from the bookshelf, smiling a bit. You didn’t think Jungkook would be the drawing type…but now you were curious, so a little peek at his art wouldn’t be a bad thing, right? You opened it, first smiling, wondering what he would be drawing…but then your heart sank, making you have a little shiver. This wasn’t just surprise, it was…

How did he get your sketchbook? Oh you knew you lost it, probably dropped it, but…This was filled with doodles of your old feelings, things that you were convinced would never come true, and now… Did he knew you had drawn this? Did he know he was the guy drawn inside? Of course he knew it was him… Why would he keep it otherwise? Unless he didn’t think anything of it and would use it for other drawings…You flipped the pages, too scared that your old feelings had been known to really care about the progress you had made over the years.

They were all yours, he hadn’t added one…

-What are you looking at?

You turned around, hoping you didn’t look too scandalised and surprised. There he was, looking cute as usual, holding two cups of coffee. When he saw what you had in your hands, he smiled, putting down the cups.

-Oh, that.
-…Did you draw these?

You knew the answer, but you didn’t want him to know. Plus, you only had a fraction of a second to think without looking suspicious.

-Nan. I’m not that good.
-Then, uhm…Whose is it?
-I have no clue.

He sat on the couch. You put back the sketchbook in the bookshelf, sighing silently. At least he had no idea it was yours…

-How…did you find it then?

You sat down, Jungkook smiling a bit.

-It was on the last day of school, the last one you were there. I found it on the ground near the lockers. I checked inside to see whose it was, but there was no names in it. I probably should have left it at the lost and found, but it was the last day, and they usually throw the things away…Plus, it looked like whoever had drawn it in wanted to keep it. I searched who owned it the next school year, but I never found that person…

He chuckled a bit, making you feel a little uncomfortable. Did he have really no clue it was you? When he knew you left the school that year?... He shrugged it off though, chuckling a little.

-Why…didn’t you just left it in the lost and found, you asked.
-I couldn’t. Okay, I confess it took me a while, but whoever draw it in had some kind of feelings for me. Plus, I knew some guys always had fun ripping apart what’s in the lost and found, so I couldn’t leave it there. It was someone’s property.

He…noticed the feelings, but didn’t guess it was yours?...He was a little bit simple, but you didn’t expect him to be this oblivious. Oh well, it was a good thing for you. Though, he looked a little…sad about it?

-What’s with the long face, then?
-Uhn? Oh…

He chuckled.

-Everytime I think about it, I feel a bit bad. It’s not mine, though I keep it, knowing someone had feelings for me, but not knowing who…Plus, had I a crush on someone back then…So I feel bad about it…

He had? Who?

-Who was it?

It was making you feel more comfortable with yourself to not talk about that sketchbook anymore, even though you had been curious. You knew why now, and though it would be nice to have your feelings back, keep them hidden somewhere, you couldn’t tell him you used to have a crush on him… Though, your question seemed to make him uncomfortable now, so you shook your head, smiling a little.

-Sorry, it’s not of my business.
-It’s okay…It’s just…I know that person didn’t like me that way, so…Plus, we weren’t friends, so…

You smiled a little.

-Still…Sorry for bringing that up.
-Don’t be…Well, we should drink the coffee now, it shouldn’t be too warm~

He smiled, taking the cup, looking rather happy with himself. Oh well..

That whole sketchbook thing almost made you forget about your of a boyfriend who was mad at you for some reason…

 

 

------------------------------------------

Sorry for the wait...I had a writers block along with some financial worries (it's the time of the year in which you tell the goverment about your earnings...yay...Viva being Canadian ==) and some uhm...pissed off moments at work. But hey, unblocked me, so. That and it's soon the end of winter, so I have a little bit more energy XD

I hope you hadn't forgotten about the scketchbook...I mean, the title is based on that...(I know, it's because I take too long...)