Chapter 1

Story Book

You hated school. Though, at the same time, those who liked school were very few, or at least those who would openly say so. People would complain about the teachers and the homework, groaning when they had assignments to do and would ruin their plans for the week-end. You weren't that kind though. Teachers were cool, doing their jobs. They were fair even if they could be a bit annoying sometimes. You liked to learn too, even though being in a class for hours was a bit depressing. The stress from homework wasn't helping either.

What you hated the most was the people in your class and in your school in general. Those s who could only look at their own bellybutton and complain about everything that wouldn't got heir way. The most annoying part was when they would make fun in your back thinking you couldn't hear them when you clearly could. You didn't have friends and honestly, you didn't care.

Because you would move away by the end of the school year anyway.

You always had this drawing book in your arms or in your bag, pencils ready to be used. You loved to draw, it was easier to express yourself like this than to talk. There was about three months left before you would move out, so limited your goals for this school years at two.

Have good grades and survive.

Well...okay, you were not happy in your present school and it was showing by the way you would avoid everything, simply going through each day like if you were trying to cross a desert without water or food. There was something making you able to make it more bearable. One person that would actually make you sad to leave. He had no idea you existed though, or if he did, he probably didn't think highly of you.

His name was Jungkook and he was the same year as you. While you were the rejet everyone would laugh at, he was the popular dork that everyone would love because of his looks and personnality. It was a bit lame that you had to fall for him, but it was hard to when he would smile a lot and laugh, talking with his friends. He was always a bit excited though, jumping on his chair when his friends would tell him a good joke.

And since you liked to see him smiling, you had a tendency to draw a lot when he was around. It might sound creepy...but you would draw yourself with him, adding yourself to those moments because well...If you had courage would you talk to him.

Your drawing book was filled with doodles of him being happy, you telling him jokes and sitting down with him. It was mostly why you would keep this book like some kind of priceless treasure. You would look at him from afar, avoiding the looks of others. You would keep this as a momento, to remember your first crush since, well, you wouldn't graduate there, and so wouldn't have the photobook. It wasn't like it was making you sad.

He was in all your classes. Your least favorite was P.E, even if he was there, in his gym clothes, jumping all around because he was too happy about everything. You hated it mostly because it was always boring, and running around the same track, which wasn't even a track, it was just the parking lot reaching a road nearby that was just going in circle, was the most painful thing you had to do. After twenty minutes of running, the teacher would then make you do some hurdling. It would be okay if it wasn't that you completely at it. You had told your teacher that you couldn't do it, that the jump was too high for you, but he never believed you and forced you to do it.

It ended in disaster.

Your foot hit the hurdle, since your jump didn't go higher, and you did the most amazing faceplant you ever did in your life. You fell all over the floor, your knees stinging because of the fall and your shin was pulsating from the hit you took when the hurdle came back up while you were finishing your jump. Your hands were painful too, since you hand blocked your fall this way. You heard the people in your class laugh. You sat, groaning a little because of the pain as the teacher came to you and told you to stick with the practice cones. You were mad at the teacher because you were right. What was left of your ego was crushed by the laugher of your classmates.

But he wasn't laughing. Jungkook looked more shocked than anything else. Maybe if you had faked to be more hurt he would have come to you, but you didn't test it. You got up and swallowed your pride. At least your crush wasn't laughing... It was a little win that you needed.

When Jungkook tried though... It was an even worst disaster.

He had almost done it, but his second foot got stuck on the hurdle and he fell flat on his stomach, sliding a little, stopping mostly because his shirt had stayed stuck on the ground. He stayed there before he rolled on his back and started to laugh, as was the others. You weren't though. It looked like he hurt himself more than you did. He flipped his legs over his head, getting up in a very awesome way before he simply smile and walked back to the students waiting for their turns. He even bowed, like if it was some kind of funny joke.

When you finally could use your drawing book again, you could simply draw yourself giving him some band-aids, even adding a text bubble in which you asked him if he was okay. It wasn't like you could do it for real. You didn't have the courage or the band-aids.

Obviously, your favorite class was art. You were good at it and it was pretty much the only class you were allowed to have earplugs in your ears and avoid hearing others talk. That and Jungkook was sitting at the table behind you, his back towards you. You couldn't see him and he couldn't see you, and so was the less frustrating class. Not really because his looks was making your head spin each time he would smile or laugh...but yes. There was also his drawing skills...but you rather not get started with that.

You had another drawing book for that class, since you had to give it to your teacher from time to time. You'd rather not let anyone see what you were doing in your free time, since you would look like some kind of creepy stalker. Which you were not. You were not following him, he was simply always around and loud enough to be the center of attention most of the time.

And so time went by as you counted the days before you would move away from this town, leaving behind all those people who you didn't care about. There was this feeling always with you that you would regret not telling your crush about your feelings, but then again, he was always with people, and so you didn't want to bother him. You didn't want him to laugh at you either, laugh at your feelings. Well, he didn't seem like that kind of person, he seemed more like someone who would help out others, even if he had a tendency to joke around a lot.

There was about a month left before you would leave, which was also a month left before the end of the school year. It was also a month filled with exams, so people were too busy studying to care about anything else, which honestly, was great. It was also wonderful since you could see Jungkook look at his exam like if it was going to eat him alive. Maybe being too much of a joker made him a bad student? You had no clue, but it didn't make it less cute to see him so confused over an exam you thought was incredibly easy. You were done early again, giving out the paper, also feeling the stares of those who weren't done yet. You looked back quickly only to see Jongkook look at you with a pitiful expression. You weren't sure why he was looking this way, but you looked away as you left the class, allowed to leave early since you were done. Thankfully, the hallway was nearly empty. No one could see you blush.

On the last day of school you were emptying your locker, or at least taking the bits that were still there. You would leave this school forever, something no one else in that damn school knew about. Not that anyone would care. You were still a bit sad that you would never see Jongkook again, and you felt a bit like a coward to have never said a word to him when your drawing book was filled with things you wished you did...but it was a bit too late now.

You left your school, went back home and finished packing your stuff.

You moved in a new house with your family, which made you glad. A fresh new start. Maybe you'll even be able to make friends this time... As you were unpacking your stuff, you started to panic. Looking through all your boxes and bags, you noticed something.

You had lost your precious drawing book. The same book that contained everything you had never said... Even though you were a bit sad you had lost it, you only shrugged.

It was a new beginning afterall.

 

 

-------------------------------

Funny fact : the part with the hurdling actually happened to me. Not the 'whole class laughing' though, but the faceplant, yes. Kind of painful. Still had a bad grade...