Fiancée #6

FIANCÉE

"Lee Sori"the teacher called a name but no response came out,"Is she here?Is Lee Sori here?"he repeated again searching through a room,swirling his pen.

"No,sir,she is absent"SaeLi blankly answered before zooming out again at her seat.She was not paying attention to the class at all.All she did was sitting on a chair near the window and staring outside.She still felt a bit dizzy from the midnight effect.And thinking about how to face Daehyun.She was still mad at him.However,being a stupid girl,she has forgotten all the indulgences from Daehyun because she replaced them with he-is-blocking-my-way thought.

Strangely,her best friend,Sori did not come to school today.She didn't know why since she didn't find the reason,assuming as Sori was ill or maybe busy.So,SaeLi's mind was too cramped with many words that she wanna said to Sori.She was the one who was feeling ill or unwell.

The school day finally finished normally.SaeLi slung the bag on her shoulder as she walked out of the school.She made her way to her car and searched for a car key before opening the door.

"SaeLi-ah"

She knew whose voice was it.

"SaeLi,baby,I am here to pick you up"she felt a hand on her left shoulder.She softly pushed down it before turning back to face Daehyun.

Daehyun shot her a glee smile which she returned with a nearly-fake one."Let's go somewhere.I think you wanna get some fresh air"he suggested.

"How about my car?"she asked.

Daehyun sighed,"What are you talking about?You can call the driver of your home to come take it"he explained,"You have always been asking for a help him whenever you are picked up by me"he pointed at himself"Look like you are not self-conscious"he whispered in his mind.

"Ok,let's go then"she smiled at him and took his wrist,walking towards Daehyun's car.

Daehyun felt a bit comfortable because she was acting like everything was fine.Then,Daehyun drove to a nearby park to take a walk around.

"Saeali-ah,I am sorry for yesterday"Daehyun apologized as they were walking hand in hand under the shade of cherry trees,leaves falling down the ground as the wind was blowing slightly.

"Aren't they beautiful?"SaeLi pointed at the falling leaves,"I feel fresh to be here"she was totally ignoring Daehyun's words.

"Oh..y-yeah"Daehyun supported looking above him.He saw a slim laser of sunlight through the shuttering leaves and sighed in peace,"I also feel fresh too"he said and looked back to SaeLi,"But SaeLi,please pay attention to what I was saying"

SaeLi just kept walking,"You are sorry for yesterday,right?"she asked,"It is okay.I forget it"she stopped and smiled brightly at Daehyun."I am still mad at you however,really only a bit"she thought.

Daehyun was surprised to hear that as he chuckled at her stunning smile.

"I am also sorry for disturbing you last night.Also for saying the words that I didn't really want to"she lowered her head,"My mind seemed to be everywhere"

Daehyun brought her into his embrace,"No,you don't need to.It is ok.I understand it.I can do whatever you want but SaeLi,just allow me to control you for the last time"he played with here honey-colored strands.How much she was angry at him she couldn't help with his sweet actions,they were melting her.

SaeLi nod before letting herself downs into his warm arms"I am glad to hear that you understand me.,I am not going anywhere away from you"she pushed him,"Instead of it"then she inter twirled her two hands with his,"You have to be a extremely better patient kind guy for me than before"

Daehyun nod immediately,"Of course,baby"he chuckled,"I am here for you everytime.Call your guardian whenever you need help or something?Like a branded bag,clothes....?"he joked.

SaeLi broke their hands contact and hit his right arm playfully,"Stop joking.Because they are not jokes.They are the truths"she laughed before shoving her hand between Daehyun's arms and continued to roam around the park.

 

 

After an hour of hanging around the park,they had a delicious dinner before Daehyun dropped SaeLi at her house.

SaeLi bowed at her family and went to her bedroom.She freshened herself and changed into a comfortable nightwear.She sat in front of her desk filled with a pile of papers,a black laptop and various kind of pens.SaeLi suddenly remembered her friend who didn't come to school this morning.She was wondering why Sori missed classes.She was not that kind of person,being absent without an alert.She dialed Sori's number before laying recklessly onto the bed.

SaeLi waited for a while but the call was rejected."What's wrong with this girl?"she murmured ,sitting up.She remembered Sori being on cloud nine yesterday,talking about her boo,Himchan."Is she sick?Or does she have any problem?"she tried to press the numbers again before she heard a knock on the door.

"Nae?"she answered.

"SaeLi-ah,your friend is here"her mother,"She wanna meet with you"

"Sori is here?"SaeLi said in surprise.She walked towards the door,revealing her bestie standing next to her mother.Sori looked a bit pale and depressed.

"Hi"she made a fake smile and waved at SaeLi"I am sorry that I didn't tell you I will come here"

"No"SaeLi shook her head,"You don't need to say that.My house is always welcoming you,right,mom?"she looked at her mother.

"Of course,Sori,since you are our SaeLi's best friend,you are our daughter too"SaeLi's mother smiled,"So,enjoy the night.I gotta go.Your grandpa is waiting downstairs.He needs to take a medicine"

"Nae"Sori bowed at Mrs.Nar,"Thanks for your kindness,Mrs.Nar"

SaeLi grabbed her friends's wrist and pulled her inside the room.Sori looked too weak that she nearly fell down when being suddenly dragged.

"Hey girl,why didn't come to school?"SaeLi let her friend to sit on the bed or whatever she liked.SaeLi then reached out for a pack of potato chips under her study table.Yeah,it was the place for her junk food storage.There was also a mini refrigerator in her room so she decided to bring two cans of coke",I thought you were sick or....."

"D"

SaeLi heard something irony dropped onto the floor as she turned around to check what it was.There she saw Sori's handbag which was complicatedly netted with chains on the floor.And also Sori swiftly sat down at the end of the bed,not on the bed,but on the floor.She looked pained.She looked crushed.Her eye bags were swollen.Her face with no make up,totally bare.She looked older like for next 50(?) years.

SaeLi placed the things on her desk and ran towards her friend so was nearly crying,fists balling.

"Sori"she quickly sat beside Sori,"What's happening?Why are you being like that?"she shook her shoulders.

Sori slowly looked at her,a drop of water came out from her left eye.She didn't say anything but stated at her.Then,another drop before she dived into SaeLi's chest,mourning heavily.

"Sori"SaeLi was shocked at her abrupt action,"Sori,what's the problem?"she rubbed her back"Tell me.Just blurt out all already"she said,"Don't try to swallow everything by yourself if it is too hard to handle"she soothed her.

Sori slowly got out of her best friend's embrace.SaeLi carefully removed her strand which were covering her watery face."Just tell me what is your problem"

"SaeLi-ah"she blubberedout,"Y-you were right"then she bursted out into tears again.

SaeLi groaned impatiently,"What's it?What is the thing I was right?"she wiped away Sori's tears.

"Y-you"Sori rubbed her eye,"you're right that,"she said,"you said that Himchan is a player"

SaeLi was surprised,"You heard that when I said it?"

"Y-Yes,I just acted like I didn't"Sori buttered out again.

"Don't tell me that he damped you"SaeLi mumbled.

 

Author's note:Thanks a lot to those who are giving me feedbacks at every chapter.Also thanks to readers and subscribers ^_^