War

Half Vampire, Half Love??!!!
 
"What are you saying Wang Zi?" Innocence clearly in her voice.
Wang Zi sighed. 
 
"Do you know where you were supposed to go?"   Wang Zi asked and sat on the bed.
 
"I don't remember a thing"  she looked at Veronica who was soundly sleeping on the center of the bed.
 
"Guess there's no other choice. You shall go with me." Wang Zi stood up and walked to the door.
"I'll be back later, you should rest. You can take the bed." He glanced at Gui before walking out.
 
 
"Who am I?" She asked herself again before laying down and succumbing to sleep.
 
"Seek and be found" gazing eyes pierced her being. Her body is hot, totally surrounded by darkness.
 
 
"RISE!" Gui opened her eyes. Nightmares.
 
 
Veronica awoke by the shake she caused.
"Shhhh. You're safe now." She lulled the baby to sleep again.


She lulled Veronica and herself to sleep.

The next morning brought new hope to her, the sky was clear and the wind was kind.

She inhaled the sweet scent of the morning and stretched her sleep-rigid body.

She closed her eyes trying to think who she was, or if she was really someone before this, was she kind? Was she evil? Then she remembered the vampires last night, a quick brush of fear overcame her.

"Ready yourself, we are going to eat" She heard a low voice by the door.

She smiled at Wang Zi before checking on Veronica then heading to the bathroom.

She changed into clothes that were sitting on the sink, comfy and casual.

They tried to find a place to get milk first. The moment Veronica felt a bottle gently held to , she hungrily.


"Isn't she sweet?" Gui Gui turn to Wang Zi who smiled at her.
"Look, Gui Gui, you know we can't keep her, we need to get a move on." Wang Zi muttered slowly.

"I know, I know, I'm just turning maternal all of a sudden." She said and they walked to the nearest orphanage.
Gui Gui was reluctant to let Veronica go but the look Wang Zi gave her told her that they needed to go.

"I promise to visit you again. Promise" Gui Gui said and held Veronica's tiny hands, the child shocked Gui Gui when her pinky finger hooked with Gui's pinky finger.

"...." Gui Gui's tears welled up and she sobbed a little. She felt like she lost a child.
She wept like she was the mother.

As they walked down the path to the outskirts of town, she began to wonder, if she had a child, she was young, she knows that much, but that feeling she can't get rid off bothered her.

"Listen" Wang Zi stopped on their tracks, as they walked the crownd gets thinner and thinner, and where they stand right now is deserted.

"Is it Vampires again?" Gui Gui asked. Wang Zi stiffly nooded and tried to feel how many were surrounding them.

"Why do they come to us ?"Fear became visible on Gui's face.
"Ask yourself missy." Wang Zi said before leaping to a bush.

"Who are you?" Wang Zi held a knife to the vampire's throat ready to unleash his fury.

"I am no one" Said the vampire
"No one? Why have you come here?" Wang Zi still held his ground.

"The vampires have gone berserk, and the royals are gone! the portals are open!" He begged for his life.
"Figures. But that does not answer my question! Why come to us?!" Wang Zi yelled.

"The legions are losing their ground in the battle, the royals seem to betray us and the only hope is food, if we eat we become stronger."
The vampire's eyes displayed trepidation, the horrors that are never to be witnessed.

"She lives! She-" The vampire vanished unable to finish what he was saying, he died but not because of Wang Zi or Gui Gui.


Wang Zi wearily looked around for the vampire's killer, that was solid and sacred information which he failed to deliver, what was it that prevented him so.

He glanced at Gui Gui and pushed a finger to his lips to silence the girl.

She nooded.

This war is bigger than he first thought.