Chapter 3

For the Better

 


“Get out. I got this taxi first.” Changmin did not want to wait for another taxi. He was not fixing to let some brat take the taxi which he got to first.


“No, I got here first, so you get out.” She was not about to let this buttbrain get her taxi. 


“Well I have somewhere to be, so get out while I’m asking nicely.”


“I also have somewhere to be, so you get out. Haven’t you heard of the expression “Ladies first?”


“No, and I don’t plan on using it.”


“Yah! You’re really not getting out?” She was starting to lose her patience with this thick-skinned phony.


“Y-yah?” Changmin was taken by surprise by this sudden use of word. “Yah, what kind of disrespectful woman are you talking to a stranger like this? Seems like your parents didn't teach you manners."


“So you’re really not getting out? Looks like I’m going to have to force you out.” Patience was all lost once he brought in her parents. She starts pushing him towards the door, hoping by doing this, this buttbrain will leave the cab.


“Yah stop it!” 


“Not until you get out!”


“Hey! How about the BOTH of you be quiet and get out of my cab?!” Seems like while both were arguing, the driver couldn’t take the bickering anymore. He just wanted both of them out, even though it meant he lost some customers.


Both Changmin and the woman were taken aback when the driver suddenly started yelling at them. They scowled at each other before getting out of the cab.


“Yah, it’s all your fault. You should’ve got out the first time I told you to.” She was mad. She wanted to put all the blame on the jerk in front of her. 


“My fault? Who was the one who refused to leave when I was the one who told you to leave first?”


“You---"

 

“Miss Victoria!” Suddenly, a gang of men in suits were seen running towards their way.


“Aish, it’s all your fault! If I ever see you again, I'm going to make you regret ever messing with me.”  The woman, named Victoria, threatened Changmin before dashing away in the opposite direction of the gang of men.


Still in the same place as Victoria left him, Changmin was left speechless. What the hell was that? And what the hell is wrong with that woman? Is that a way to speak to your elders? Frustrated, he roughly ruffled his hair. Whatever, he doesn’t have time for people like her. He gradually calmed down and called for another cab and makes his way to the hotel.

______________________________

 

“Waeyo Changmin?” Changmin had called Jaejoong once he arrived to his hotel room and plopped on the bed.


“Hyung, you can never guess what happened today.” He told him everything that happened, not leaving out a single detail. 


“Hahaha, so there is finally someone who can get under Changmin’s skin.”


“Hyung, I’m not joking here. That woman is no joke. I have never met anyone like her in my life. Aish, whatever. At least we won’t see each other ever again.


“Alright, well you should get some rest. I know you had a long flight.”


“Okay, bye hyung.”

______________________________

 

“Miss Victoria, please stop running away. You’re making us all tired.”


“Why can’t I? I can’t relax every once in a while? I’m tired from all the work I just recently finished. I can’t even have a little vacation?”


“I didn’t say that, Miss, but you still have business to attend. You can do as you like after that.” 


Victoria always lived a happy, carefree life. She always did and talked as she pleased, which in return, made her unpredictable most of the time. All the people around her adored her, always showering her with love and care. But even though she grew up with all this love, she knew right from wrong. She has never made any selfish decisions and always helped the people in need. When it came to work, she gave it her all. That must be why she wants to relax every once in a while. Who doesn’t right? 


“Don’t worry, I still have to support Uncle tomorrow.” She smiles, happy to be able to see someone she hasn’t seen in a while.

______________________________ 

 

Changmin had trouble sleeping that night. He never was one to sleep well on the days he is away from home. He tossed and turned, hoping he would suddenly drift off into a deep sleep. However, it came to no prevail. Giving up, Changmin walks to the balcony, breathing in the fresh air surrounding him and taking in the beautiful scenery reflected in his eyes. He was too mesmerized by the scenery that he didn’t notice the owner of the long black locks two rooms away from him.


“Wahh, it’s so beautiful at night here.” Victoria smiled at the starry night. Being under the twinkly sky suddenly reminded her of someone who she didn’t want to remember, her smile slowly fading visibly. “And here I thought I had completely forgotten about him.” She feels tears slowly forming in her eyes. “Stupid Victoria, why are you letting that jerk get to you again? It was his decision back then and his decision alone. He doesn’t deserve you. You deserve someone much better than him.” She told herself. Then why am I still hurting so much? She takes in a deep breath before heading back in to her room, hoping to calm down her still broken heart and sleep the night away.

______________________________ 

 

Morning came like a speed of light. Before she knew it, it was time for Victoria to wake up. 


Knocking can be heard on the door. “Miss Victoria, it’s time to wake up. Miss Victoria.” Butler Kim can be heard calling for her. She knew she had to get up. She knew she had business to attend to tonight, but all she wanted to do at the moment was to stay snuggled up in bed. After she came back in the room last night, sleep was no longer an option. Her mind was continuously wandering to memories she wanted to forget. By the time she fell asleep, it was already four in the morning. 


Not fixing to waste any more time, the butler opened the door with the extra key card. He knew she wouldn’t budge, so there is only thing to do-make her American breakfast.


“Miss Victoriaaa, look what I have for you.” The butler said in a childish manner while letting the breakfast hover in the palm of his hand, letting the smell intoxicate the whole room.


The moment the butler walked in the room, Victoria knew her favorite food was coming her way. She always had a love for food, but she got tired of eating the same food consistently. It was only until she turned eight, her parents needed to go to a business trip in America. She was only eight, but she knew she wanted to go explore a new country. She felt suffocated being in South Korea all the time, she wanted to go on an adventure. 


“Mom, Daddy, I want to go to America, too.” She pleaded her parents. Her parents must’ve known that she was tired of going to the same places. They always knew their daughter was lively and adventurous, always looking for something new to see. They especially couldn’t refuse after seeing their daughters’ huge bubbly eyes. They didn’t want to disappoint her. The moment they arrived to America, Victoria was astounded. The people looked foreign to her but yet it was interesting to see people who were different than her. She felt like she met the first love of her life the morning after she arrived. The food was so simple and new, yet so perfect. It was no wonder Victoria fell in love with American breakfast. 


The taste of the scrambled eggs, the crispy bacon, the way the sausages just melt in your mouth. Oh god, the sausages. Victoria’s mouth was already watering just by thinking of shoving her favorite food into . No Victoria, snap out of it. Do not the butler win. Go back to sleep.


Butler Kim knew better. He knew his mistress won't back down without a fight. “Miss Victoriaa, I'm going to eat it if you won't.”


He wouldn't dare. Ignore him, he's just trying to get to you. You're not hungry anyway. That's what she told herself, but her tummy said otherwise. Aish freaking tummy, why do you growl at a time like this?


Butler Kim couldn't help but chuckle after hearing the mistresses tummy growl. He knew she was hungry, which means she will give in soon. “Alright, I'm going to eat it. What should I eat first? The eggs? Or bacon? Or better yet, the sausage?”


Nooo not my sausage. Leave my food alone you grandpa. She was about to lose it. She did not like anyone eating her food that was meant only for her. 
“It's about to go in my mouth. Ahh..” He started holding the sausage above his mouth with a fork, making it seem like he was really going to eat it.


 Not able to hold it any longer, Victoria sat up on the bed abruptly before grabbing the sausage that was in the butlers’ possession and put it into . “Don't you dare eat my food.”


“As you command, Miss Victoria. At least you're up. You should get ready after you finish eating. You don't want to be late.”


“I got it, don't worry. You may go now, shoo.” She shooed him away with her hand while stuffing with the other. Hmm, which dress should I wear for tonight? Go all out? Or classy? Ah, I know the perfect one. She finishes her food and starts getting ready for what will be known as a fateful night.

______________________________

 

Here is chapter 3. Sorry it's been a while since the last update. I'm busy with midterms at the moment. I promise I'll update again the moment I get free. I don't know if you guys will like this chapter since it seems a little bit like an extra. I would appreciate it if you guys tell me what you think I can improve on so I can improve myself, thanks!!