Chapter 1

For the Better

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait! I know it was sudden for me to decide to change up the story, but I think it was a good decision. I feel like my writing improved in this new version. Sorry that it’s short. I wanted to introduce Changmin in this first chapter first. Hopefully you guys like it, enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Diamonds, jewelry, cars, and many more. It is automatically assumed that the wealthy can afford and purchase anything they want. That assumption is true, up to an extent. See, Shim Changmin was born into the family who founded the Star Palace Company. The company built one of the biggest shopping malls, including a five star restaurant and a five star hotel which only contained the highest quality food and material.

 

Ever since he was baby, he was treated like royalty. He was treated with delicacy, always pampered whenever he cried and whined. From toy cars to sports cars, Changmin always got whatever he wanted, except freedom. Being the first born and the only born child of the family, he was destined to bear the duties and responsibilities as the future leader of the company.

 

Growing up with a lot of love and care caused Changmin to become selfish, arrogant/conceited, and oblivious to love. Yes, love. Changmin never bothered with what everyone calls love. Love was only going to bring him more responsibilities and expectations, so why bother when he can get any girl with just a glimpse of his hypnotic smile.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Sir, I just wanted to inform you that Queen’s Company has their banquet in Paris this Saturday at 6:30pm.”

 

Kim Jaejoong was not only Changmin’s secretary and personal assistant, but he was also his confidant. Of course, Changmin was arrogant and seemed like someone who will never get hurt, however, he is still only human. If he ever had a problem, he would rely on Jaejoong. He can be considered his best friend, his only real friend. Even when Changmin does not say anything, with just a simple look at him, Jaejoong would immediately tell if something was bothering him. Naturally, although they are best friends, they still have a boss and assistant relationship. Therefore, Jaejoong acknowledges Changmin as his boss whenever they are on the clock or at events related to work.

 

“Another banquet? You have got to be kidding me. Did you book a flight for me yet?” Changmin hated going to banquets. He hated those awkward greetings and conversations with the other CEO’S and attendees.

 

“Yes, I booked an early flight for Friday at 10AM. Use the extra time to take a breather and do some sightseeing. Don’t’ forget to get a souvenir for your best friend,” Jaejoong joked.

 

“The only souvenir he’s gonna get is a punch from me,” Changmin joked back. However, he soon went back in slump. He was not looking forward to this trip.