Chapter 2

For the Better

It seemed like time went by faster than Changmin had wanted. Within a flash, Friday had arrived and Changmin had just arrived at the airport. Suddenly, right after stepping out of the car, his phone rings. Of course, he could already guess who would call him at a time like this. 

 

“What is it father?” 

 

“Son, I heard that you are going to Queen’s banquet, is that right?”

 

“Yes father. I just arrived at the airport.”

 

“Send him my greeting and regards. Don’t forget to not to disappoint me son. Our company is in your hands.”

 

“Yes father. I will do my best.” Changmin sighs after hanging up. He knows it’s his duty and his responsibility to take charge of his family’s legacy. He knew he was going to take over the company once he turned 23, but he can’t help but feel overwhelmed by it all. It’s not like he really wanted this extra responsibility, but what else can he do? He has to live up to his father’s and grandfather’s reputation, so their company will continue to stay strong. After letting his thoughts go, Changmin goes on his way to board the plane.

 

______________________________

 

Obviously, the flight to Paris was a long one. More than three quarters of the flight had passed and they were getting closer to their destination. Changmin needed something to do in order to stop the boredom that was surfacing. Luckily for him, there was a female passenger sitting right next to him. She was wearing a sundress and had long brown, curly hair which matched her face shape really well. The way she was sitting intrigued him. She sat with her legs crossed, so rich and lady-like which made it a turn on for him. Things were easier for him when he noticed that she was also sneaking glances at him. Not waiting any longer, he made his move.

 

He starts off with sending her his killer smile. “It’s a lovely day, don’t you think?” He notices her immediate blushed cheeks and little jump. He knew he got her under his spell.

 

The woman didn’t know how to react. She was shocked that the guy she was glancing at suddenly glance d her way and talked to her. She was even more frozen the moment he sent her the most dashing smile she has ever seen. She swears the man started glowing with light which sent her heart racing. She felt like she had lost herself in those few seconds that she almost didn’t hear what the handsome man had said. “Huh? Oh yes, it sure is.” God, she felt so embarrassed. She felt like an idiot losing herself like that. She bets that she looks more like an idiot in front of the man. 

 

“You know what else I find lovely?”

 

“What?”

 

“You.” Changmin leaned towards the woman to whisper in her ear, quiet enough for only them two to hear, He leans back in his seat, but only to send her a wink and a seductive smile right after. He loved the feeling of winning once he saw her face turn completely red and her trying to hide it by covering her face with her hands.

 

“Lame,” Changmin and the woman suddenly heard someone snickering behind them.

 

“Excuse me?” Changmin questioned the female wearing Gucci sunglasses, a summer crop top with a leather jacket and denim shorts, along with combat boots.

 

As if she didn’t hear the man, she takes out her earphones from her ears when she noticed a stare from the man sitting in front of her. “Do you need something?”

 

“Didn’t you call me lame just now?”

 

“What? Oh my, I apologize. You see, I’m watching this video, and I just find that this man is really lame.” She holds up her iPod and shows the video that was currently playing. Changmin wasn’t sure if he should believe the woman, but he didn’t want to start any drama, so he just turns back and lets it go.

 

______________________________

 

The woman wanted to laugh after she the man and woman in front of her faced back to the front. It was true that she was watching her video and found the guy in the video lame, but she found the two people in front of her even lamer. She had looked up in the midst of the video when she detected the female in front fidgeting. She had let curiosity get the best of her and had wanted to know why the woman fidgeting and she had found her answer when she saw the woman eyes staring at the man next to her, eyes sparkling and lost in thought. She then noticed the man opening his mouth to speak. Wanting to know what he was going to say, she took off one of her earphones and listened in. “It’s a lovely day, don’t you think?” Where was he going with this? She wondered. She saw that the woman was flustered, as if she didn't expect the man to communicate with her. “Huh? Oh yes, it sure is.” “You know what else I found lovely?” “What?” “You.” She couldn’t help but smirk and laugh inside. She then realized he was one of those types of guys she despised the most. Actually, she wouldn’t say she despised them. Despised was too strong of a word. She disfavored them. She didn’t agree with the way they thought so highly of themselves, thinking that they could get any girl they want and throwing them away once they finished their game with them. However, she found the female more despicable for falling into his trap. Before she knew it, she accidently snickered and blurted out “lame”. Quickly realizing what she had just did, she quickly put her earphone back in her ear and pretended to be watching her video. She looks up to find the man staring at her, so she puts on the playing dumb act.

 

______________________________

 

“Do you really find me lovely oppa?” Getting back to their topic, the brown-haired female asks Changmin.

 

“I find you more ravishing than the stars glistening in the moonlight.”

 

“Hahaha, can you get anymore lame?” The female behind them had blurted out again. This time, Changmin turns around with annoyed eyes. “Oh sorry, it’s just me talking to the video again.” She said with a smirk while staring at Changmin dead in the eyes.”

 

“You-..” He was starting to speak when the intercom . “Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived safely to Paris. You may now exit the plane. Thank you for flying with Korean Air Lines.”

 

“Ahh, time to get off.” The woman with the sunglasses stretches and makes her way out.

 

“Hey!” Changmin called out to the woman leaving, but was stopped by the woman next to him.

 

“Oppa, want to go hang out somewhere?” she wraps her arm around Changmin’s.

 

Having lost his interest in the woman, he replies, “Sorry, I’m not interested. I’m a busy person. I don’t have time for this.” He pulls his arm away from her.

 

“You’re a jerk.” The woman wanted to slap him, but she controlled herself and decided to just leave.

 

______________________________

 

After getting his suitcase, he makes his way to get a cab. He immediately spots a vacant cab and starts making his way to it.

 

“Hotel Le Bristol Paris, please.”

 

“Seine River, please!”

 

Another person had come in the cab at the same as Changmin.

 

“You!”

 

“You!”

 

______________________________

 

Hi readers!! Here is a long chapter for you! So yes Victoria has finally been put into the story. You can guess which character is Victoria right?