Dirty Laundry

Starting Over

One month earlier…

 

“You are an , just so you know.”

Kyung shakes his head as he approached his buddy that was lying down on the floor looking bewildered over the event that had happened earlier.

“What did I do?”

Jiho gets up on his own ignoring the extended hand from Kyung, though he still looks at him puzzled.

Kyung sighs then, watching as Jiho dusting himself off, he steps back to his recliner, “and that makes you even more an .”

Now it was Jiho’s turn to shakes his head, as he tried to shake some more dust off of him, “I was the one getting shoved into the floor and scrapped my hands and yet I’m the one being called an here?”

He looks around for support, though the other 3 that are still there and still throwing the blaming look at him.

“Seriously Jiho I dunno whether I should be proud of this stupid naiveté that you got here, or just ram your head to the wall for being such a .”

Kyung shakes his head again, “look even the Jihoon knew what you did is wrong.”

“It was wrong hyung.” Jiho throw a quick glance at Jihoon and manages to capture a glimpse of Jihoon before the young quickly hide himself behind Taeil, like that’s working.

From behind Taeil, Jihoon quietly mutters, “and also I’m no longer a technically too.”

Though that part was only heard by Taeil that chuckles at the maknae’s confession.

Jiho grunted as he drops his body on the sofa he was sitting earlier, looking at the others, he waves his hands around, “now may I ask for the assistance of the high mighty people around me to actually explain to me why I am being blamed here?”

“You seriously dunno what you did wrong? Like ing seriously Jiho?”

“What did I do? All I did was offering him something that you guys have been wanting for so long. I know you all would be grabbing that chance even before I finish explaining, I know, well at least I thought I know that he would be, should be doing the same too.”

“To us yeah, to him too most probably yes, hell if I were Jaehyo and you offered that to me, I would most probably be jumping off my bed now. The problem though, Jiho, is not what you ask, it’s when. Seriously your timing .”

“It’s broad daylight now, he wasn’t doing anything important, we were all talking, how is this bad timing?”

“The hell.” Jiho jumped slightly when Kyung barks at him, he narrowed his eyes as the other guy started to laugh.

“What?”

“Da Jiho… You just dumped that poor man last week, and you think now is the time to ask him that?” Kyung wipes his tears as his laughter slowly subsides, it wasn’t his intention to laugh at Jaehyo but the fact that Jiho felt it was okay to bring up that question only after a week of a, not a simple peaceful break up, nope, Jaehyo was dumped hard by that guy and it wasn’t pretty at all.

Tears and more tears and lots of drinking would basically summarize the whole break up, he concluded.

“Dumping him and asking about work are two separate things, beside I have the talk with him already, so it shouldn’t be a problem.” Jiho shrugged the matter off then.

“The talk?” it was almost in unison, even the one who utters the words was kinda shocked and look at each other before focusing their stare back at Woo Jiho.

“Yeah the talk.”

“What kind of talk Jiho?”

“You know that kind of talk that you have when you were involved for a while and then separated and yet maintaining strictly business relationship.”

“Strictly.business.relationship?” Yukwon quipped, while Taeil looks at him.

“Is that we all to you now?”

Jiho jumped to his feet, shaking his head then, “Yah, it’s not like that. You all know it’s not like that. Just that me and him, we… I mean we had something back then, so I thought that I should, you know make it clear, to him I mean, that what we have now is working relationship nothing else…”

Kyung narrowed his eyes to him then, “Let me get this straight, since you two were an item a while back, it is important to make sure that Jaehyo understand the whole concept of working together and nothing else. Why? You’re afraid he would jump on you while you were working?”

“Not like that.”

“That he would ravish you in front of us all, or what?”

“Godammit Kyung, damn now that image will be stuck with me for a while.” Kyung ignores the protest and whining from the other three and maintained his stare at Jiho.

“Of course not!”

“Then what? You were afraid that he would still hang on to you that’s why you did that?”

“Yes! Since I dumped him, he was a wreck that time. I thought I should have made it clear that between us is no way anymore, that’s why I… goddammit, why the I need to explain all of these to you all?”

 

“So he was right.” After a moment of silence between all of them, suddenly Taeil spoke.

Feeling that it was still about him, Jiho turns around and look at the elder, “Right about what now?”

Taeil shared his blank look with Jiho, “He was right when he said that you were doing all of this because you were feeling guilty.

“What? When?”

“You probably didn’t hear it since you were tumbling down like the wall of Jericho just now. For a guy like him, he sure has lots of strength.”

“I wasn’t like tumbling down, I did have some resistance, I was able to hold my stand for a while, but it was my feet’s fault, they were like tangling with one another, and then I wasn’t not stable from early on…”

“Anyway! He was saying, yelling actually…”

“More like crying…”

“Yup that could be too, anyway he was shouting about how you were doing all of this because you felt guilty, and because you have found his replacement.”

“What?”

“That’s what he was saying…”

Jiho shakes his head; he really needs to have another talk with Jaehyo.

“It wasn’t like that, the opportunity comes a month ago but before I tell him or any of you guys I wanted to make sure that we have everything covered already. It’s not like I’m doing it on purpose. Seriously, I don’t do this because I felt guilty, there’s nothing to feel guilty about, people fall in love and fell out of love all the time, what happen between us is just like that, nothing special or extra ordinary.”

“Though I would prefer if you stop discussing our past relationship with the members, just because we all are close and shares everything doesn't mean I like to put all of my dirty laundries out for anyone to see.”

That cold voice interrupting him manages to make him jumped a little, not because he was scared, of course not, how can he be scared of Ahn Jaehyo, though since last week he do behave like he is walking on eggshells around the older guy.

It was because he was talking about him just now, yup that is the reason, it was because he got caught…

“I wasn’t…”

He stops when Jaehyo waved him off, “anyway you are right, I was out of line just now, sorry.”

“You were?”

Jaehyo nodded and sat next to Taeil, looking back at Minhyuk who was following him from behind, he turns his attention back to Jiho, “I was overreacting, Minhyuk was right. I dunno what has gotten into me? Just because we were together back then doesn't mean we can’t work together now. People do that all the time isn’t it? And it’s not like I can leave Block B behind just because I’m angry at you.” He stops then, waiting for Jiho’s reaction.

When the younger one didn’t say anything, Jaehyo clear his throat and continues, “and I remember what you’ve told me before, we shouldn’t ever mix personal and business together. Our case unfortunately happened before we heard that term, but that doesn't mean we can’t be all adult now and be professional about our work.”

Jiho shoots a triumph look all around at the other people, who were looking at Jaehyo confused aside from Minhyuk who was smiling as the calm and collected Jaehyo.

“So you will take the job?”

Jaehyo shrugged then, “why not? I got to sing and also act with a well-known singer, only a fool would say no to that. Call their side and tell them I said yes.”

“Yes, yes.” Jiho quickly walked up to Jaehyo though he stops midway as Jaehyo stiffened, ignoring that, he gestures Jaehyo to follow him to the other room so they can talk and discuss the matter more.

They all watched as the two former lovers walk off together to the next room with Jaehyo listening to Jiho’s explanation and nodding at every word Jiho was saying.

“Be professional huh? Keeping personal and business apart…” Taeil chuckles as he said that word, “this gonna be interesting all right.” He softly mutters as he lied down on the sofa, smiles never left his face during that time.

Others didn’t say anything at Taeil’s remark, though they all nodded at his words and smiles.