Confidante

Starting Over

Taeil was seriously contemplating of letting himself known by this time.

Doesn't matter whether it is by faking a cough or two, or if that didn’t work he could just casually walks out from the room, pretending that he just woke up and didn’t realize anything that happened there, or he was or could…

Actually he only had that for now.

Beside, come to think about it, there’s no way he could basically or casually said that he was there from start to the end and have actually heard everything every single damn bits and then expected things to be okay between the three of them still, hell even now he knows it would seriously hard for him to try to be not awkward with those two.

So of course the best way for everyone, him especially, is to just pretend like he doesn't know anything at all and to him none of this had happened.

Sighing Taeil, lied back down on his back, groaning, it his bad luck and his stupid decision to come here to hide instead of going somewhere else that lead up to this.

He should have bunked in some PC café somewhere, play some Minecraft or anything else instead of coming here.

Because of his spur of moment decision and trying to find some easy way, he is trapped in something that is obviously too enticing to try to break out off and yet too dangerous to delve in further.

Of course he knows about Jiho and Jaehyo, and their whirlwind relationship, it’s like watching makjang romance unfolding bits by bits in front of him every single day since for the last 4 or 5 years.

He has lost count of it.

But to actually be in the real situation is totally different, before he was just a spectator watching and yet not involved literally.

But now, the temptation…

Though honestly speaking, he is still not that sure he wants or needs to talk about either Jaehyo or Jiho’s life, not now and hopefully not in another 1000 years, but of course that might come up anytime if he gets involved more.

But…

 

And as much as he seriously don’t want to explain to others why he was at the house in the first place.

When in truth basically, he was supposed to be out in some other place, doing some other things that he has clearly said to everyone yesterday.

Yeah he did literally just announced that he has something to do, when everyone was watching him, looking at him, waiting...

He wasn’t going to be the only one without a life of his own, dammit!

Of course he existed beyond Block B, just like Jihoon and his rich kids friends, Jiho and Kyung with their so called underground society, Jaehyo with his ulljjang buddies or even Minhyuk with his dancing and Yukwon with his girlfriend, he also has a life aside from Block B, obviously!

Just that life outside of Block B doesn't hold much importance to him at the moment.

That’s all.

Though there’s no way he’s gonna tell that to the others.

There’s only as much some people need to know about him and how important Block B is to him is something he would rather keep it to himself.

They might think that his devotion to Block B is nothing, but hell, if only they know…

Though now, Taeil shakes his head, that is not the point, the point is how the hell he’s going to get out from the room undetected, especially now when he is in desperate need for the toilet.

 

Jaehyo is already in his room shutting the door on Jiho’s face.

Frustration and anger get the best of him, and Taeil know the best Jaehyo can do is to avoid Jiho at the moment so instead keep on arguing those meaningless argument with Jiho, its best if he just shut him off.

But of course the desperate younger one, didn’t get the clue, or basically ignoring the clue and was still loitering in front of Jaehyo’s room waiting for the door to basically magically open or something.

That aint gonna happen anytime soon though.

Jiho knows that, but he also feeling more than reluctant to give up just now, maybe just maybe, who knows.

Taeil shakes his head as he watches the leader frowning and stares at the closed door, like a lost puppy.

He was wearing his puppy look too.

Ah Taeil is a er for puppy look, it’s too adorable and cute.

Understandably Jiho’s puppy look is not as adorable as Jihoon’s, but it is still cute nevertheless.

That big glassy eyes, that soppy look, that slightly trembling lips and Jiho has the best lips for trembling, that big quivering face that looks like it could shake the earth anytime soon or at least Taeil’s world…

Argh, dammit!

 

“There’s nothing you can do anymore Jiho, just give it up.”

Dammit, why the hell he opened his big mouth?

He plopped his head out of the clothes and peered toward Jiho.

He would have regretted it, he thinks, but actually it is such a relief for him to finally reveal himself to Jiho.

Slowly getting down from the bunkbed, he looks at the bewildered look on Jiho’s face.

“Hyung?” Jiho looks at him with wide eyes, watching his every step as he walks toward Jiho and the bathroom to be precise.

“One and only...”

Taeil smiled almost guiltily when he saw the shocked look on Jiho’s and grinned even more guiltily as it finally dawned to that younger guy that Taeil was there all along.

“You were here the whole time?”

Any other day he would have replied with something ridiculous such as he just fall from the sky a moment ago, or he slipped in when they were talking and they didn’t see him.

But Jiho seems to not be needing any of that at the moment.

“Basically yeah, I was here before you guys came, was looking for a place to sleep.” He smiles again almost innocently at Jiho.

He was being honest though, he was there to get some sleep away from others.

“It wasn’t like… it wasn’t like that.”

Jiho wasn’t screaming or seems too anxious when he said that, he was more like he was getting frustrated and tired.

Taeil guessed that Jiho has quickly accepted that Taeil knows everything and maybe think that he found a confidante in Taeil’s.

That’s not good, Taeil frowns.

 

“Wasn’t like what?” he softly replied to Jiho and he walked and closes the door of the room to avoid others, Jaehyo in particular from overhearing them.

Pretty sure he wouldn’t be so happy to know that they are discussing his matters behind his back in front of his room furthermore.

“It’s not like I have any more feeling to Jaehyo.” Jiho stops realizing his rising voice, clearing his throat he started again, this time with a mere whisper, “It’s not what you think hyung.”

“I weren’t thinking anything actually.” It was the truth, he has already done all of his thinking when it comes to jiho and Jaehyo.

“It’s not like that at all. I’m just worried.”

Jiho lean against the poll of the bed, he seems seriously tired and exhausted.

“Worried huh?”

Running his hand through his hair, he nodded, “Yeah, you know how gullible Jaehyo is. I just don’t want any trouble that’s all. You know what I mean?” Jiho looks at Taeil almost as if he was pleading for Taeil to understand him.

Slowly Taeil nodded his head, if that is the road that Woo Jiho wants to take; who is Lee Taeil to tell him differently, “Of course, I can totally understand, it just you doing your duty as a leader, caring for a member of the group, right?”  

“Ri… right!”

“You just care for Jaehyo like a good leader should. Logic enough I said, though…” he paused, waiting for Jiho’s reaction, walking back and forth, Taeil started to remember the reason why he makes himself known earlier, “I also know and understand Jaehyo too. He wouldn’t take your concern and apprehension well, you know. He is a grown man and I’m pretty sure he thinks he can take care of himself better than any of us can.”

But, there’s no way he can leave now, he was making progress here!

He bites into his lips then, feeling the pressure from down under.

“Yeah… I guess I do need to get through him that I’m not doing this for the sake of him only but also for others…”

See!

Progress!

5 more minutes, he can will be able to construct the biggest plan ever.

Okay maybe not the biggest, but still it will be epic.

Sort off.

“Yeah, that should be the best way isn’t it? Though, I ought to remind you again to leave him alone for now. He seems fine for now but Jiho, being dumped will always hurt and it will always require a good amount of time for the wound to heal, no matter who you are. Just let him be.”

That panic look is back on Jiho’s face, “And let him do whatever he wants then?”

Jiho is still quite possessive toward Jaehyo; that is apparent from miles away.

That didn’t come as a surprise to Taeil though, even before those two got freaky together, Jiho has always been quite stingy when it comes to Jaehyo.

Any other given day, he would have love to tease Jiho about that.

To watch that damn boy stuttering for any excuse and blushing like hell, not today though, just not today.

His bladder keeps telling him to keep it brief.

“What? Of course not. You see this is when age does matter Jiho, that and a brain for that matter. You are approaching this wrongly, you see.” He straightened his back, yeah it’s about time he makes that much needed gents visit. “Since being direct doesn't work, you could or should try some evasive maneuver instead.” There that should cover it, anything else Jiho needs to think on his own.

Taeil quickly makes a beeline toward the toilet.

Though, he was quickly intercepted by Jiho, “And you have better idea then?”

“Of course, there’s more than one way to skin a fish you know.” He makes another beeline around Jiho for the toilet. He can barely walk at that time though.

Tough luck was seriously on him today though, he was quickly intercepted by Jiho yet again.

 “And what is your brilliant plan then?”

His eyes were going all white at that moment, nothing is more pressing to him aside from the fact that he is about to burst right in the middle of the room if he don’t get to the toilet soon.

Funny how when you are so desperate and in need of an escape, your brain works extra hard for it.

Turning to Jiho, Taeil grins, “Since you can’t stop Mohamed from coming down the mountain, why don’t you bring the mountain along then?”

And with that he quickly left confused Jiho behind and make a quick dash to the toilet.