The Worst Scenario

The Worst Scenario || Jackbam Shortstory

You can’t catch me!’, shouted Bambam while laughing. He was running down the hallway.

‘O, I will!’. Jackson ran after him.

Bambam looked over his shoulder. He had to laugh even harder when he saw Jackson’s face. Way too serious.

Jackson also had to laugh now. ‘Stop laughing! I can’t run when I laugh!’.

‘You’ll never catch me!’. They had finished their practice for the comeback in two days. When Bambam looked back again, Jackson was way closer to him. ‘No! No!’, he shouted, but there was nothing he could do about it anymore.

Jackson threw his arms around his waist and stopped them. ‘Got ya!’.

Bambam looked over his shoulder and smiled at him. ‘You’re faster then I thought’.

‘You’re just as huggable as I thought...’, Jackson mumbled. His grip tightened.

Bambam looked around. He saw the doors to the toilets a couple meters away. ‘C’mon’. He grabbed Jackson’s hand and took him with him.

Jackson closed the door behind them. He laid his hands on Bambam’s hips and pushed him against the wall.

For a second, they just looked at each other, but Bambam couldn’t resist the temptation of pressing their lips together.

Jackson stepped a bit closer, deepening the kiss.

Bambam brought a hand to the side of Jackson’s face. The other he laid on his chest.

Jackson pulled away after a bit. He moved his hand to Bambam’s upper legs, lifted him and walked over to the sink.

Bambam wrabbed his legs around Jacksons middle. He had to laugh a little.

Jackson put Bambam down on the sink. He leaned in and pressed their lips together for the second time.

Bambam lingered his arms around Jackson’s neck and pulled him a little closer. He felt something vibrating.

Jackson pulled away. ‘It’s my phone...’. He took his phone out of his pocket and held it next to his ear. ‘Hello?’.

‘Jackson, where are you?!’.

Even Bambam could hear Jeabum scream. They looked at each other.

‘Uhm... I had to go to the bathroom’.

‘Well, come back to the changing rooms, the marketing team wants to speak to us’.

Bambam frowned a little. Why would they want to speak to them?

‘Yes, I’ll be right there’.

‘And have you seem Bambam?’.

‘Yes, he’s with me’.

‘Okay, see you in a bit’.

‘Bye’. Jackson put his phone away.

Bambam burried his face in Jackson’s neck. ‘I don’t want to go...’.

Jackson sighed. ‘I know, me neither, but I’ll be over soon’. He pecked a kiss on Bambam’s lips. ‘C’mon’.

 

~

 

‘Good evening, how are you guys?’. Their marketing manager walked into the room. A man in his thirties. A couple other people from the marketing team were sitting on the other side of the table.

‘We’re good, thank you’, Jaebum answered for all of them.

These kind of meetings were always a little bit awkward, because the lads couldn’t really refuse to do something the marketing team said.

‘I’m glad to hear that’, the man said. ‘I’m going to explain a little bit to you’. He walked to a screen with a powerpoint presentation on it. ‘We’ve done a little bit of reseach into the life of the average Got7 fangirl’, he told them.

The other members of the marketing team nodded.

The man pressed a button on his laptop which was stending on the table. A screen shot of Tumblr appeared on the screen.

Bambam frowned when he saw the pictures on the website. It was them acting cute. With each other. A picture were Bambam himself was sitting on Jackson’s lap. A picture of Mark and Jinyoung hugging. A picture of Youngjae and Jaebum holding hands.

The boys looked at each other. This was quite unexpected.

‘And this seems like the new hot thing in fangirling’. The man looked at the lads.

‘And what is... This?’, Jaebum asked. His voice a little softer then usual.

‘This is so called ‘shipping’’. The man smiled. Excitement could be seen in his eyes. ‘Have you guys ever heard of shipnames?’.

‘No...’, Jaebum muttered.

‘I have’, Mark said.

‘Yes, me to’, Yugyeom joined.

Jackson and Bambam looked at each other. Could it be?

The man walked around the room a bit. ‘I’ll give you an example. Jaenior’.

Jinyoung turned his head to look at Jaebum, who didn’t really understand it.

‘It is your bromance name’.

‘Bromance?’, Jaebum asked. ‘Why do they like bromance?’.

Jackson buried his face in his hands. ‘Jaebum hyung, sometimes you’re so stupid...’.

‘I’m not! I just don’t get why-‘.

‘Stop it!’, the marketing manager interrupted their argument.

Jaebum sighed. ‘So you’re saying our fans would like it if Jinyoung and I would get together?’.

‘I think they would go crazy’, someone from the marketing team said.

Jaebum looked at Jinyoung in disgust.

Jinyoung grimaced. ‘Thanks, man...’, he muttered.

‘O, I don’t mean it like that, you know I love you’, Jaebum tried to make up for it.

The man pointed in Jaebum’s directin. ‘That’s the spirit!’. He got all their attention by doing this. ‘You guys should do more of that in front of the camera’.

They looked at each other.

‘Doesn’t that make us... like... Gay?’, Jaebum asked carefully.

This comment hurted Bambam a little. For the first time the thought that Jaebum might not accept him the way he was crossed his mind.

‘And that is exactly what we want’, the man said. It was silent for a moment.

‘You want us to be gay?’, asked Jackson.

‘No! No! No! Ofcrouse not! We just want you to act a little bit like it’.

The guys looked at each other once again. Well, that was going to be awkward.

‘We also found out what the most populair ship is’, the man continued.

Bambam and Jackson shot a glance at each other.

Could it really be?

‘Markson’.

Of course not.

Bambam’s eyes widened.

Jackson looked at the man in disbelief.

Mark looked at Jackson.

‘And you two are going to act like you’re together’.

‘What? Why?’, Jackson immediately refused.

‘Because the fans like it. Imagine what will happen if other girls will notice, the fandom will become even bigger!’.

Jaebum looked at the man like he had lost his sense. ‘Why would we get more fans?’.

‘Because girls love bromances, if the word spreads, you guys will become more populair’.

‘Do we have to like... Come out?’, Mark asked. He looked a little... Disgust?

‘No, ofcourse not. Just little things, like: Always standing next to each other, holding hands sometimes, put your arm around the other, lots of looking at each other, etcetera’.

Bambam felt like his world was collapsing.

‘Do you think you can do that?’, the man asked.

Mark nodded. ‘Yes’.

Jackson shot a glance at Bambam, after which he looked at the man. ‘Yes’.