And it becomes worse

The Worst Scenario || Jackbam Shortstory

You guys are flying to Malaysia after your performence tonight, so remember to hurry up, okay?’, their manager said. They were standing in the changing room. ‘We’re going to walk towards the stage now, you have to be up in ten minutes’.

From what Jackson could see, they all walked out of the changing room, after their manager. Exactly what he wanted. ‘My throat is so dry, I’m going to drink something very quick!’, Jackson shouted after a couple of meters.

The manager looked over his shoulder. ‘Be right back!’.

‘I will!’. He grabbed Bambam’s hand and quickly took him with him.

‘What are you doing?’, Bambam whispered.

‘Getting a kiss before we go on stage’.

Bambam had to laugh.

Jackson opened the door of the changing room.

‘And you think you’re just gonna get one?’. Bambam laid his hands on Jackson’s hips. He stood with his back against the wall and pulled Jackson closer.

Jackson lingered his arms around Bambam’s neck. ‘I don’t think you can reject me’. He smiled at Bambam.

Bambam smiled back, before leaning forward and pressing their lips together. These were the best moments. Just him and Jackson. He was the one to pull away first. ‘I think we should go, they will be so mad at us when-‘. He instantly stopped talking when he noticed someone sitting in the back of the chaning room.

Jackson followed Bambam’s gaze. They stayed quiet. Not knowing what to do.

Jaebum was sitting on the other site of the room. It looked like he had been tying his shoelaces, but now he was frozen in his movements. He just looked at them. They just looked at him.

Wauw, this was awkward.

‘You are kidding me...’, Jeabum muttered. Bambam removed his hands from Jacksons hips.

Jackson let go of Bambam.

‘For how long have you guys been doing that?’, Jaebum asked.

Jackson and Bambam looked at each other. Should they just confess?

Jaebum stood up. ‘Answer me!’.

‘Two months’, Jackson said.

Jaebum brought his hands to his face. ‘What are you guys doing? Are you... Like... In a relationship or something?’.

‘Yes...’, Bambam said. He didn’t dare to look at Jaebum at this moment.

‘And you guys thought that that was a good idea?!’, Jaebum started shouting. ‘What do you think the company will do if they find out?! How could you possibly think this was okay?!’.

Jackson looked Jaebum in the eye. ‘What do you want us to do then, break up or something?’.

‘Well, that’s the least you could do’.

‘No!’. Jackson frowned.

Jaebum looked like Jackson had just hit him. ‘What did you say?’.

‘I said no! We’re not going to break up just because you don’t agree with us being gay!’.

Bambam laid a hand on Jackson’s shoulder.

‘It’s not just about me being against homouality, it’s about you being celebrity’s and taking your responsibility!’. Jaebum looked furious at this moment.

What he said really hurted Bambam. He just said he was against them begin gay into their faces.

‘Well, other people will have to accept it’, Jackson said, crossing his arms.

‘Don’t you get it!?’. Jaebum walked towards them, nearly tripping over his loose shoelace. ‘This is Korea! Gayness is not accepted! People won’t accept you!’.

Everybody could see in Jackson’s eyes that he wanted to say so much more, but he only said: ‘We’re done here’.

Jaebum looked at him. He took a deep breath. ‘We should get to the stage’.

It wasn’t their best performance.

 

~

 

‘Here are your keys...’, their manager muttered. ‘Just how you always sleep...’.

They had arrived at the hotel were they would spent the night. They had an interview tomorrow.

‘Can’t we do it a little different this time?’, Jackson asked.

‘Why...?’.

Jackson shrugged. ‘I think it would be a nice change’.

The manager glanced at him. ‘What did you have in mind?’.

‘Well, I could switch with Yugyeom and Jinyoung could switch with Youngjae’.

Bambam looked at Jaebum, who obviously stared in a diffect direction. Things had been awkward ever since that afternoon.

‘Everybody okay with that?’, the managed asked.

There was no one who objected. Ofcourse not, they were all way too tired from the performance they gave and the plane they had to be in for several hours.

‘Okay then, here is your key’. He gave a key to Jackson, who immediately started walking towards their room, pulling his suitcase behind him. ‘I’ll expect you at breakfast at eight o’clock!’.

‘Yes, we’ll be there’, Bambam said, walking after Jackson. ‘That was smart’, he said when he was sure the others couldn’t hear them anymore.

Jackson shrugged. ‘After what happened today, I just really wanted to spend the night with you’.

Bambam nodded. ‘I already wished for that’.

Jackson smiled at him. They turned left and found their hotelroom. 128. Jackson opened the door and they stepped inside.

Bambam put his suitcase in one of the corners, after which he closed the door. ‘I can’t believe Jaebum yelled at us like that’.

Jackson sat down on one of the beds. ‘I always thought he would react that way’.

‘Really? Why?’. Bambam sat down on the other bed, facing Jackson and pulling his legs up.

‘Jaebum is someone who likes his traditions, his norms and values, he doesn’t like change and I think he finds homouality scary’.

Bambam thought about that for a second. ‘I always thought he would accept it, because we’re-‘. He got interupted by a knock on the door.

‘Yes?’.

Jaebum opened the door. When you’re talking about the devil...

Jackson frowned.

‘I’m sorry about earlier’, Jaebum immediately said.

‘What you said was very hurtfull’, Bambam reminded him.

Jaebum sighed and sat down next to Bambam. ‘I know, I should’ve never said that, I was just so shocked and mad... And... I’m so sorry’. He looked at both of them.

‘It’s okay’, Jackson said. ‘I get were you’re coming from’.

‘But I don’t want you to ever say things like that again, okay?’. Bambam looked at Jaebum with a serious gaze.

Jaebum nodded. ‘It was disrespectful of me’.

‘That’s an understatement...’, Jackson muttered.

‘But do you understand that we have a problem?’. Jaebum looked at both of them.

‘Not if you can keep your mouth shut’, Jackson said.

‘You want this to stay a secret?’.

‘Yes, I think that’s for the better’.

Jaebum stood up. ‘Okay, I wont say anything’, he promised. ‘Get some rest, tomorrow is a busy day’.

‘We will, goodnight’.

‘Goodnight’, Jaebum said, after which he walked out of the room.

Bambam stood up, walked over to Jackson and sat down on his lap. He lingered his arms around Jacksons neck.

Jackson wrapped his arms around him.

Bambam laid his head on Jackson’s shoulder. ‘I really wish he can keep his mouth shut...’, he muttered.

‘Me to’.

It didn’t take that long.