Part-time DJ

101 Ways to Wreck This Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I checked the time and it's already 11:30pm. Just thirty minutes away before midnight. "Ugh! Faster Hyeri! Press the peddle harder" I complaint. "Be patient, Siyoon! You should have pick up my call earlier! Sit tight! I'm driving as fast as I can." Hyeri's eyes were looking furiously. Few cars were honking us while she cut the lines of other cars but we're in an emergency state and in need to rush. Hyeri was too focusing neither the front view of the road that she couldn't focus the side nor the back view.

"Hyeri, watch out!" I screamed. 

The traffic light switched from green to red and cars have slowly came to stop moving but Hyeri ignore it; there's a giant lorry truck coming ahead of us on our left, honking to our car with bright lights flashing on. 

"Hyeri!!" I let out another scream. 

As soon as the truck draws closer to our car, Hyeri managed to escape not so safely with the fast speed. The truck ended up passing behind us not too close after and we're safe. Thankfully, we're still alive. Our hearts are still beating quickly but I swear that was a close call. If Hyeri isn't driving fast enough, our car could have collided with the giant truck and we would be in a hospital, probably paralyzed or probably in a state of coma. Each of us will probably lose a part of our body. And having sudden thoughts of that is scary.

"That was close." Hyeri blinked. She slowed down the speed and we'd stop at traffic. I glance at her, giving her a soulful look, "For the sake of god Hyeri, I beg you for once to please be careful." I placed my palm on my chest, letting out a sigh. I could feel my soul trying to escape from my body of what just happened. 

 

Later, we finally reach at my house. I got off the car and wave to her a goodbye before closing the door. I wave to her once more as she drives off and stop when I couldn't see her again. 

I unlock the door with the key that I'm holding and entered the house and close the door after me. I change my high heels to house slippers and quietly, tip-toeing to the stairs so that no one can hear my footsteps. 

"Eh-hem." , I heard my dad cleared his throat. 

"Where do you think you're going considering entering the house after midnight?" Dad spoke. He switched on the lights and was at the living room all along waiting for me to return. I sighed. I turn around and face my dad. "Sorry dad." I apologized, "I didn't mean to come back home late. It's just...There's traffic jam that stopping me from coming back home early." I lied. Not really a lie but it's somewhat a truth. After I didn't pick up Hyeri's phone, we rushed and then the giant truck happened and at last, we were stuck by the highway's traffic. We had to wait for about two hours. 

I glance at the wall clock and the time is showing 1:30am. Dad remains silence as well as didn't say any words until few minutes. 

"Alright, you're forgiven. Just please come back home earlier next time when you go out, alright? Dad spoke. Judging by his voice, he isn't mad, he sounded exhausted. He doesn't get much sleep lately due to work and for him to have to watch over a twenty year old child, I feel bad for him to have to personally keep worrying whether I'm back safely or not. 

I walk to my dad and embrace him a hug. "Dad, I'm already twenty years old and you don't have to keep concerning about me. Trust me, I'm fine. I'm always fine and you should keep those worrying away from you." I spoke. I can feel the warmth against his hug and it's comfortable to hug my one and only family member. "How can I not worry over my one and only girl? You know that you're precious to me." He patted my head. I smiled, it's great to see my dad into his father role.

"I love you dad. It's very late now, we should get some sleep." I spoke, letting go of myself after the hug. "I love you too, my girl and never disobey me again. Alright?" He gave a short peck at the top of my head. 

I chuckled, "Alr

Please log in to read the full chapter