CHAPTER 7

The Temptation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CHAPTER 7]

Two weeks had passed and my condition has become a lot better. The bandages on my legs had been removed and now I could walk with my own two feet and was no longer using the wheelchair. I had been waiting for the time when I could finally go to the school by walking, and I wanted everything goes as smoothly as I wished, not with Baekhyun fooling me or vice versa. Luckily, the petite boy seemed to get along with me very often that I didn’t realize that he became a lot more friendly than I expected him to be.

As on what he had promised me that he would help me with my study, I could catch everything up even when I was still sitting on the goddamn wheelchair. That guy seemed to regret everything that he had done to me the past month, and I gladly accepted this changes in my life even though my mom still barely visited me on her weekends. The fact stabbed me right in the heart but I could do nothing, it was her choice that she chose to live like that.

After doing my hair and put some light make up on my face, I was ready to go to school. Zipping my backpack and put on my shoes, I walked toward the door and was about to scream my lungs out when I met with a pair of too familiar eyes. I wouldn’t have been so surprised if the person I saw was Jiyoung, but this guy was beyond my prediction since the one standing outside my room was Sehun. I hadn’t seen him for weeks outside the classroom because of his busy schedule and here he was now, leaning against the wall with his bangs covered half of his face. He really needed to cut some of his hair.

“Hi.” He greeted me. It was awkward yet friendly so I just smiled back and returned his greeting. “What are you doing here?” I asked him while still trying my best to calm my heart down due to his sudden appearance. The least thing I would have expected was meeting Sehun outside the classroom, but what happened here told me that I was having a wrong prediction.

“I’m going to the school, is there something wrong with it?” he answered nonchalantly. I closed the door behind me and walked side by side with him. “No. Actually, there’s nothing wrong. But I didn’t expect that you would wait for me. Thank you.” I said, looking at him straight in the eyes. Sehun smiled, he ruffled his hair and looked at my pale legs.

“Does it still hurt?” He asked while examining my legs. I shook my head, “No, it’s okay. I can walk now but I still can’t run. So, please don’t tease me with cockroaches or another disgusting animal like frog or—” I stopped talking when I saw Sehun laughing like a mad man. “What are you laughing at?” I asked, narrowing my eyes. “So, Han Saejin is not only afraid of bugs but also frogs?” He laughed and nudged my arm. I set on my poker face while Sehun was still trying to calm himself down and gradually caught his breath. “Is that funny?” I pouted and what happened next was something I hadn’t ever imagined. Sehun put his hand on my head and my hair smoothly. I was taken aback with his sudden movement but I couldn’t utter a single word to protest.

“No. That’s cute.” He grinned like a child. I froze for a moment, trying to digest what he had just said while Sehun, on the other hand kept walking like nothing happened.

Calm Sae Jin, calm...

Just when we were about to arrive at the school gate, I saw Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Kai walking toward Sehun. They noticed my presence a moment later and waved their hands. They were another reason of my fast healing. Chanyeol kept telling me funny stories when he visited me, Kyungsoo cooked so many delicious and healthy foods, while Kai helped me with the chorus. I was more than thankful for having them around me when I was having a hard time. The trio approached me, Chanyeol even brought my bag as Kyungsoo walked beside me.

“So, how’s your leg?” the shortest boy asked. I had a feeling that I would be asked so many times about my leg everytime I meet someone. And by looking at their sincerity, I knew that they’ve worried about me more than what I’ve expected.

“It’s fully recovered now, you don’t have to worry.” I smiled, showing them my white teeth and I could see Kyungsoo sighed in relief. “I’m glad to hear that. Does baekhyun already know about it?” He asked once again. Speaking of Baekhyun, I haven’t met him for three days considering that he was in the different class so I couldn’t see him as often as I want, so I just shrugged.

“No, haven’t talked with him in a while. The last time we met was when he helped me doing my math. He kept grumbling about the questions and he even slept at my dorm, reasoning that he’s exhausted—”

“What?” Sehun cut me off. “He slept at your dorm?” I didn’t know that he heard that anyway, because the last time I checked, he was walking steps ahead with Kai and discussing about the gala on their way to the classrooms. “Yes? That wasn’t something big, was it?” I asked back. Sehun looked at me with his eyes wide open. “And you allowed him? You allowed him to sleep at your dorm? Just like that?”

I sensed that everyone was looking at our direction as Sehun yelled, gaining attention from the other students who passed by us, and that was definitely making me feel a little bit embarrassed. “You don’t have to speak that loud, Sehun. What he did is just sleeping. He was tired, and I had couch, so what’s the matter? It wasn’t like we did anything wrong in my room.” I spat back. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were looking at me with their lips pursed in a thin line, while Kai decided to just listen to the music from his I-pod. I didn’t know that he was just acting or he indeed was listening to whatever on his music player.

“What if he did something to you?” Sehun asked once again. This time, he lowered his voice. “Oh my God, Sehun. We are just sixteen, remember? Plus, Baekhyun already has someone to love. We would never match to each other, okay? So stop acting like my grandfather.”

“He’s not acting like a grandfather, you know that?” Chanyeol, with his goofy smile, joined the conversation. I narrowed my eyes as to ask him further about what the meaning of his words. The tall boy leaned closer and whispered something, “He likes you. Don’t you know that?”

I rapidly blinked. It definitely didn’t make sense. First, Baekhyun. And now, Chanyeol. Both of them have been telling me something funny about Sehun liking me. “You’ve gotta be kidding me.” I whispered back and Chanyeol laughed whole-heartedly. He shrugged as he walked past me, and patted Sehun on the back when he passed by him. The latter kept his eyes on me, looking at me like he was boring something inside my head.

“Sehun, you’re acting weird. First, you ignored me the past few weeks after you visited me a while ago and I told you that Baekhyun apologized to me. Second, you came to my room and waited for me like nothing happened, and now you’re back to your nature—that, that grumpy one. I don’t understand you at all.” I said matter-of-factly. He knitted his brows and I saw his lips quivering like he was about to say something and I waited, but he decided to shrug it off. The only thing saved us from the sudden hot tension was coming from our school bell. Sehun walked past me without saying anything and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter