CHAPTER 3

The Temptation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CHAPTER 3]

I kept thinking about what Jiyoung had told me a week ago on the rooftop. After the short session of introduction, then we went to the rooftop exactly for calming down the temper, but Jiyoung ended up talking about her life, and soon I found that she, Sehun, and the boy named Kai had a complicated relationship in the past. I didn’t force her to tell me everything yet she kept talking about many things I shouldn’t have listened at the beginning because now, it took half of my concentration. It definitely made me want to know further about Sehun, and because my lack ability of being paparazzi was obvious enough to Sehun noticing my strange movement, I did end up being caught by him while staring at his face continuously the past few days.

Sighing hard, I buried my head in between my right and left hand on the table, ruffling my hair in stupid manner and gaining looks from the other students as I kept murmuring something under my breathe.

“Hey, what happen with you?” I lifted my head and saw Jiyoung standing in front of me with brows furrowed. We became closer after the sharing session and I could finally say that she was my first friend in this horrible school. We often went to the library together on break time, lunch at the cafeteria and walked to our dormitory after school. Just like this afternoon, I was sitting alone on the table number 13 and she approached me, handing me a glass of orange juice and a plate full of chicken wings. “What’s wrong?” she asked me once again. I shook my head, feeling dizzy after having a little confrontation with my heart.

She pulled out the chair and sat comfortably while sipping her own juice. “It’s like something big grabs your attention. You look so pale, Sae Jin.”

“I just couldn’t sleep well last night, so I’m a bit sleepy.” I answered. Leaning back to the chair, I grabbed one chicken wing and started eating. There was a moment of silence before the screams from girl students filled the cafeteria. I didn’t have any idea about what was going on here because I was basically too lazy to even chewing my food.

“Guys! Yearly dance party will be held on September and it means that we have two months to prepare ourselves! Are you ready?” I heard some random girls yelling happily each others. I leaned forward, raising one of my brows as a signal to Jiyoung that I didn’t get what they mean.

“What’s that about?” I tilted my head to the right side and leaned closer to Jiyoung, the conversation around us didn’t help me to catch her voice as they were really loud as hell. She shrugged, chewing slowly her kimbap, she blinked several times before finally answering my question.

“Oh,” she paused, taking a sip of her juice, she continued talking. “That’s a yearly event of this school where boys and girls can find their couple through dance party. I mean, usually there’s a dance competition and they should find a couple to do it, mostly tango, salsa, or flamingo… or something I couldn’t name it.” I nodded my head as Jiyoung finished talking. “Well, I didn’t get chance to even dance with Sehun last year.” She continued, a bittersweet smile appeared on the corner of her lips. I knew she liked Sehun that much.

A flash of great idea popped out my stupid brain as I saw Jiyoung sighing in resignation. Grinning, I looked at her properly like a crazy person who needs some mental therapy. She furrowed her brows, looking at me in confused manner as I kept smiling. “What?” She said, and I just shook my head nonchalantly. “Nothing, just continue eating.” I answered with a playful tone and gaining a curious look from her.

Before I could ask her about tomorrow’s plans, we got interrupted by loud-screaming girls from the entrance door. It was like I couldn’t even live peacefully in this high school for the entire life.

“What’s wrong again?” I groaned, letting out my frustration by pulling my hair when suddenly some random girls bumped onto my table. They were basically looking for Jiyoung, because I could actually see they were seeing each others before finally speaking to the person in front of me.

“Jiyoung!  Sehun and Baekhyun are fighting in Sehun’s class. You should come to see and make sure they aren’t going to hurt themselves!” The short black-haired girl who was standing next to us grabbed Jiyoung’s arm as the latter was still sitting on her chair, looking at her with shock expression on her face. She blinked few times before finally decided to stand up, following the short-haired girl who unfortunately, I didn’t even know who her name was.  As I had no idea how to do after receiving the most shocking news of the day, I took the last sip of my orange juice and went to see them in my class, just in case Jiyoung would see something she didn’t want to see, or perhaps with a little try I could arbitrate them from fighting.

Soon as I reached my class, I could see a bunch of student gathering in front of the entrance door. I held Jiyoung’s hand and without permission, I shoved the people around us just to get a better view and finally, after trying so hard I could see their faces.

Sehun and Baekhyun were incredibly horrible as they were going to eat each other’s head. I somehow, saw blood from their upper lip. Their stares were scary, like it was going to kill you anytime you wanted to get involved in their small fight. I saw Jiyoung from the corner of my eye, clenching her fists as her head kept looking at the floor. I couldn’t really see her expression because her hair was covering almost all of her whole face, but I could see from the movement of her shoulders that she was indeed angry.

“Stop the mess, you morons!”

My eyes widened as I heard Jiyoung screaming loudly. I had never expected that she could yell with loud voice like that, so I found myself standing next to her with mouth slightly opened.  She stepped forward, placing her body in between Sehun and Baekhyun. The boys seemed didn’t really care about her appearance and kept staring at each other’s eyes before finally Jiyoung made her next words.

“Do you guys even understand how childish you two look alike? Does fighting can solve your problems? Are you two the five freaking years old children, huh?” Jiyoung finished her sentence with hard-sigh escaped her lips.  There was silence illuminating the class, no one even dared to cough or tapping their feet on the floor. It was really silence. Gulping hard like there was something stuck in my throat, I made few steps ahead and before I could utter a single word, I got cut off by Baekhyun who suddenly clapped his hands, smirk across his lips as he was going to say something harsh.

“Jiyoung,” he paused to his bottom lip before continue speaking, “he dumped you, you should say thanks to me, okay? Why are you angry? You are supposed to be happy because I am here, to kick his ,” he leaned forward and patted Jiyoung’s head, “for you, dear.”

“It’s none of your business, Baekhyun, so stop bothering me.” Jiyoung bit her lower lip, probably trying to endure the tears. “And don’t touch me.”

“Fine, do as you wish. But remember,” Baekhyun closed his eyes for a moment just to open them second later “don’t look for me if you need help. I’m not your brother anymore.”

With that, he went to his class with the other students following behind, shoving the people around us as he kept shouting inappropriate words. I rolled my eyes, realizing how bad that person was, until my eyes met with Sehun’s.

“You okay?” Jiyoung touched Sehun’s right cheek and caressed it gently, but Sehun pushed her hand and decided to ignore her every touch. “I’m okay, go back to your class.” He answered nonchalantly as he locked his eyes with mine. I sent him questioning look with my brows furrowed, but his gaze turned to Jiyoung. Closing his eyes for mere seconds, he managed his breath before speaking. “Kai is looking for you, you have to go back now.”

“But you need to go to the infirmary first, Sehun. Let me help you, I’ll talk to Kai later.”

“No, Sae Jin will bring me. You,” he paused, fixing his gaze at the ceiling above, “stop taking care of me, Jiyoung. You know I’ll never change my heart.”

I jumped a little after realizing that now Sehun was in front of me, looking at me with unreadable stare I couldn’t name. Before I could even ask him about the situation between him and Baekhyun, he grabbed my arm, dragged me outside the class as I yelled for help. I glanced at Jiyoung, asking for help as Sehun didn’t bother to release me, but she kept silent. Somehow I felt the guiltily rose from my blood. What if she thought I have a special relationship with Sehun? What if she didn’t want to be friend with me anymore? What if—

My thoughts got cut off as Sehun release my hand. I didn’t even realize that we were now at the infirmary.

“Can you tell me what the hell was going on, Sehun?” I asked him as he placed his body on a blue bed beside us. He laid his back and straightened his legs, placing his left hand to cover his eyes from the beam of the lamp, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter