CHAPTER 6

The Temptation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CHAPTER 6]

Have you ever felt like flipping everything around you is the best way to escape from the mess you’re involved in? If only I could do it and turned back the time where I hadn’t decided to walk outside the dormitory on this Saturday, sure I would do it. I knew that I missed Luhan, but meeting him after two freaking weeks living at Nowon wasn’t exactly the best thing I wished to happen.

We hadn’t met for years yet my love for him wasn’t decreasing. I was still in love with him to the point I could hug him tightly but I just couldn’t. Not with him looking at me, boring my face like there was something odd plastered on it. I was still not sure whether to kick him right in the balls or let him hold my arm any longer. I had been missing him so badly but he might have forgotten me and all the things we had survived together, but judging from the look on his face, I could clearly state that he did still have something to say.

“Luhan?” I said, calling his name for the first time right in front of his face. He smelled like mint, the scent I’d been missing for a long time. I wanted to divert my eyes to another direction but the way he grabbed my arm reminded me of how much I needed his touch.

He blinked several times, still looking at me like I was something made from diamond. I managed to keep myself steady but the wobble I felt on my feet told me I wasn’t that strong to face him.

“I-I don’t know that you live in Seoul too, Saejin. H-how have you been?” he asked, still holding my arm. I gritted my teeth in attempt to hold my anger, filling the hot rushing my blood as he kept staring at me.

“Why do you ask? You have no right to know where I live, Luhan.” I pulled my hand, releasing it from the grip he had given me. Gnawing my lower lip, I held my breath by closing my eyes for a second, filling my lungs with oxygen.

“I’m sorry, Sae Jin.” He whispered through the air, his voice cracked as I tried to keep my eyes open, not wanting to cry even though I was already in the state to cry. “I didn’t mean to leave you like this.”

“But you did! You did, Luhan. You left me without a single goodbye, you left me without even giving me a proper farewell, you left me like I was nothing for you.” I burst out, clenching my fists as the grip he was giving me had already loosened. I managed to step back, giving a little space between us before I felt another hand grabbing my shoulder. I looked up to see who it was, and met with those eyes.

“Baek—”

“What are you doing here?” Baekhyun interrupted, not even sharing me a look. I jerked my head to look at Luhan who was giving his trademark blank face towards Baekhyun, as the latter kept staring at him with his killer eyes. I didn’t recall I had ever met this Baekhyun before, but the way he showed his anger was enough to tell me that he was indeed in the state of destroying everything around us.

“Baek, let’s—”

“What. Are. You. Doing. Here?”

I gulped hard, Baekhyun wasn’t willing to release his grip even though I had told him to leave. He repeated his question as no one answered him, with suppression on his each word.

“You don’t need to act this rude, Byun Baekhyun.” Luhan scoffed. “I’m still older than you and you must give your respect.” He continued, shifting his gaze from Baekhyun to the direction where I stood. “And what the hell are you doing with Sae Jin?”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened upon hearing the question. He blinked twice before looking at me who was still under his control.

“And what the goddamn hell is your relationship with that jerk?” Baekhyun released his grip, making me free to move my body away from him.

“Sae Jin,” Luhan paused, looking at me in confused manner, “you know Baekhyun?” he continued.

“STOP IT!” I shouted out loud, still trying to calm my temper by closing my eyes for good mere seconds before deciding to look at the two guys standing around me. “It’s enough. I wanna go home.”

Just when I was about to leave them, I felt Baekhyun grabbing my arm once again, making me yelp in pain.

“Who allowed you to leave? “ He asked. His voice was calm, barely audible, and it was so different from the action he had shown us few minutes ago. “You can’t leave before telling me what’s going on here and what your relationship with that dude over there exactly is.”

“Watch your attitude, Baekhyun.” Luhan shouted from across us, gently putting his hands inside the pockets of his blue pants.  “She doesn’t deserve your barbar action.” He finished, giving me his trademark sheepish smile which I missed so badly much.

“And you think I deserve your stupid behavior, Luhan? I yelled back, “You think I’m good enough to receive all the apologies you’ve said ten minutes ago? You think I’m that stupid to even forgive you for the entire fault you’ve caused? No, Luhan.” I paused to take a deep breath, “I’m not that kind of person and I’m sorry, I can’t talk to you.” I closed my eyes, breathing in and out as Luhan kept looking at me with his eyes slightly open and his jaw almost dropped to the ground. “I can never talk to you from now on.”

“Can you hear that?” She doesn’t want to—”

“And you, Baekhyun.” I interrupted, cutting his words from escaping his mouth and looking straight to the eyes. “Don’t act like you care about me. It’s nothing you can do with my life and all the matter I might probably face. You are not even my friend.”

I pulled my arm from Baekhyun’s grip easily, leaving both Luhan and him without even saying goodbye. I knew I was being coward to not even give Luhan a second chance to explain everything, but why do I have to do that if he was the one who left me without giving a proper explanation in the first place?

I kept running, not wanting to look backwards where the two stupid guys standing and shouting my name. I didn’t even care when I heard another voice yelling my name and the last thing I saw was Sehun reaching after me, and everything became dark after I heard a loud honk from the car passing the street.

***

It’s been a week since I got hit by a car, and I ended up lying immobil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter