CHAPTER 4

The Temptation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CHAPTER 4]

Being on top of Baekhyun’s body with his hand holding mine wasn’t my life goal. But here I was, swallowing hard the reality as my body felt warmer because of his touch. We didn’t move. He didn’t blink. It was just an awkward silence enveloping us, in his room, just the two of us. I shouldn’t have come here in the first place if I knew it would end up being like this. I shouldn’t have been trapped by Kyungsoo’s puppy eyes if in the end, I would be the one being caught by Baekhyun in his hell-like dormitory with towel in my right hand, and my left wrist was held by his.

 I could see he was angry through his glares. Of course he was. What would you expect from the person you considered him as the most annoying human being ever, lying down under your body and absolutely in position the outsiders would see you both as two buddies on steamy session? Of course nothing except him being mad. And Baekhyun was mad.

“What are you doing here, young lady?” he asked me as I was about to his shirt. He might have thought I was ert but hello guys, if I was born to be a ert, I would choose my partner and he would never fill the position on the list.

I couldn’t agree more that he was indeed hot. His white skin, his not so sharp but attractive nose, his jet black hair, his sparkling eyes, his tiny mole on his upper lip, his lips…

What the hell exactly was going on with my thoughts?

Gulping hard, I tried to pull back my hand but he tightened the grip.  “I-I was about to—”

“You are going to me, huh? Taking advantage from sick person?”

I rolled my eyes, the sudden panic which was rushing through my blood has been vanished as I looked directly at Baekhyun’s eyes. What the hell was he thinking about? Taking advantage of him? I would probably do it If only the world ends in a blink.

“Hello~ Mr. Baekhyun, you should be grateful because I was able to see you when the rest of your oh-so-called best friends decided to abandon you right now,” I paused to breathe, “and you should say thanks to Kyungsoo because he was the one telling me to take care of you while he himself went to the market to buy you some foods.”

“I didn’t ask him to do that and you shouldn’t have been here in the first place.”

I know my place, Baekhyun. I shouldn’t have been here and I shouldn’t have had argued with a useless person like you who couldn’t accept any help from another.

“Then just release me.” I said, looking at him with my face remained flat.

“Why should I release you? You’re the one grabbing my collar, by the way.”

I sighed, Baekhyun wasn’t typical guy who would easily give up on everything, and I was exactly not that type of person who likes to give in easily. So, without thinking much, I leaned closer to him. Our faces were just about mere inches away and I could feel the warmth from his breath. I knew he was shocked, but he kept holding my wrist.

“You absolutely will never forget it, Baekhyun.” I whispered, placing my lips on his forearm and bit it hardly, causing a loud scream escaped his lips as he released my hand. Well, that was indeed a good idea because I could finally escape from his grip. “That was for your ungrateful behavior.”

“What the hell you crazy girl!”

“Shut up! Don’t you ever think you could easily make fun of me,” I paused, straightening my legs as I stood up from his bed, “at least when you’re freaking sick like this. Be grateful I haven’t killed you yet.”

“Get out of my room. Now.”

“I will. But not before I see Kyungsoo and not before I hear him telling me about the agreement he had said before coming here.”

“What agreement?” Baekhyun asked me with his brows furrowed. I was about to answer his question but I got cut off by a familiar voice coming from the front door, and second later I realized that was Kyungsoo. He brought some foods, snacks, and even a bottle of coke. Perhaps it was for the two of us, because I was more than 100% sure he wasn’t willing to kill his best friend with it.

“I told her that you will stop disturbing her if she agreed to take care of you.” Kyungsoo said in firm tone, gaining a questioning look from Baekhyun as the latter kept staring at him without blinking. I nodded quietly as an approval and shifting my head to look at Baekhyun, waiting for him to establish it.

“What the hell was that, Kyungsoo? I said I’m okay and you shouldn’t have sent me this girl to take care of me while I could really do anything alone by myself.” He gritted his teeth, showing an angry look from his pale skin of his face.

“Stop being so stubborn, Baekhyun. And stop pretending that you’re okay even though you aren’t!”

Kyungsoo dropped his groceries on the floor and started walking towards the kitchen, not wanting to fight with Baekhyun. I saw him washing his hands in the sink and I could hear Baekhyun murmuring something under his breath, which I unfortunately couldn’t exactly get what he said. Clearing my throat, I faked cough and got an attention from Kyungsoo as he stopped washing his hands.

“So, are you done?” I asked Kyungsoo but he just sighed. Wiping his hands with the napkin, he walked towards the direction where I stood up, bending to take the groceries and placed them inside the fridge. “Kyungsoo I am asking you.” I said once again as he remained silent. After finishing his job, -putting the veggies, fruits, and milks inside the fridge, he turned around to look at me. Sighing hard as he was done running barefooted, he answered nonchalantly.

“You haven’t eaten yet.”

I furrowed my brows, obviously didn’t get what he had just said. This Kyungsoo was different from the Kyungsoo I had met weeks ago, even with the one begging for my approval hours ago. He looked so mature, despite the fact that he was indeed shorter than Baekhyun, I could see that he was much much much better than Baekhyun in other ways. Of course I could say it, because all I had seen from that Baekhyun guy was nothing but annoying.

“What do you mean?” I asked, ignoring the presence of Baekhyun, I walked towards the kitchen. Kyungsoo was chopping onion leaves, and there were seaweeds, chicken, clams…. Oh, I could see he was going to make either soup or porridge.

“Can you please help me to wash the rice or maybe the chicken instead of just standing there and boring hole on my back?” Kyungsoo retorted without even looking back at me, he was too engrossed with the onion leaves to the point I could hear the sound of knife knocking the board. “You can cook?” I asked him back instead of answering his question and helping him. My eyes widened in surprise as I saw Kyungsoo’s chopping skill was above average, and because I had the same ability so I could assume he was indeed a great cook. “Oh my god Kyungsoo I don’t even know you can cook!” I jumped in excitement, clapping my hands like a stupid walrus in a stupid circus. I took few steps closer to look at Kyungsoo in better view, and he was smiling, no, he was grinning through his heart-shaped lips.

“You just don’t know that I’m talented.” He said, grabbing a pot and put it on the stove. He lit up flame and the sight of him pouring down the water was too beautiful to resist. I had a dream to marry a cook, and if Kyungsoo wasn’t that short, he could be my type and praise the God, he was short –even though I was a bit shorter than him, but I didn’t like short guy.

“Do you still need a help? I’m good at cooking porridge.” I smiled at him, not exactly wanted to hear the answer because I had already gotten what he meant. I grabbed a sack full of rice, started washing it and soon I found myself playing around with the kitchen stuffs together with Kyungsoo who was incredibly talkative when it came to foods, and second later I realized that Baekhyun had stood there behind me with his hands crossed his chest, smile plastered on his face as he was looking at us, no, scratch that. He was obviously looking at me, and I swore in the name of Holy Mama, Byun Baekhyun was really dazzling.

“Why are you here?” I asked after clearing my throat. He rolled his eyes in disgust and it made me regret about complimenting him mere seconds ago. “Why are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter