Escape!

My Sweet Baozi

The second floor was the pool section and cards section. It was rather calm up here. Scanning around the different sections, I jumped when I saw a familiar figure playing pool. Chanyeol. His friends were around too, I panicked a little.

Suddenly, Chanyeol placed his stick down and turned his head, our eyes met. He looked surprised for a second, but his signature smirk formed on his face before he headed towards me. 

Oh god... What does he want? If he dares to try anything, I swear, I'll make sure he won't be able to have babies for the rest of his life.

I looked around nervously and avoided his gaze that burned through my soul. I prayed silently in my head as he gradually got closer, and closer until he stopped directly in front of me.

"You, you are the pretty chic from school, right?" He asked and checked me out.

I looked at him and intimately held out a flyer to him, "here's a government flyer about the new safety law on bars and clubs." I said weakly.  

He took the flyer and crumpled it up before carelessly tossing it to the floor. He leaned in, "Want to continue what we were doing at school before? No one will notice us here." 

His words sent chills down my spine as I backed away. He is just an idiot boy who needs to keep his hormones in control... I tried to convince myself as I tried to think of a way to get out of this disastrous situation. 

"So, you don't want the flyer, eh?" I asked and glanced at the ball of paper lying on the tiled floor. "How were you so sure that I was a girl?" I tried to change the topic of our conversation.

The corners of his mouth curled up into an evil smile, "how I knew? I must admit, you chest is pretty flat, so it wasn't easy. But I have other tricks up my sleeve..." He said and closed our distance. 

I tightened my grip around the stack of flyer I was holding and backed up a little, “oh, what tricks?" I asked dryly.

He smirked, "You really want to know?" I nodded. He looked at me in amusement before reaching out to me. Tilting my chin up, he stared deep down into my soul, "my secrets shouldn't spread around so easily. Why don't you kiss me on the lips, and then I'll tell you my techniques of identifying girls." He said.

Our faces were just centimeters away from each other, way too close for comfort. There is no way I am kissing anyone, ever. I looked away from Chanyeol and smacked his hand away, "you know what? Forget it, the chances of me kissing you, is zero." I replied and turned to walk away.

His eyebrows rose after hearing my response, "no one has ever rejected me before, maybe my personality, but definitely not my face." 

I ignored him and continued walking, "sorry pretty face, you see, I am currently in the middle of a job here, my time is too precious to be wasted on you. But if you decide to drop that playboy attitude of yours, we can become good friends." I scoffed.

Suddenly, he grabbed my shoulder and pulled me into an embrace. I gasped in shock and almost dropped the stack of flyer I held in my arms. "Dude, what are you doing? You are picking the flyers up if I drop it!" I yelled and struggled against him as he wrapped his arms around me. 

"Hm? No girls have denied me before, and I plan on keeping my records." His deep voice rumbled next to my ear.

"But I am rejecting you right now, and even if I do somehow make out with you, it would be by force. Therefore, I rejected you, but you cheated on yourself and kept your damn record." I said rather calmly and stopped struggling when I thought of something in my head.

He took the stack of paper from me and placed it on the ground, "just settle down and enjoy this." He whispered in my ear and brought his lips to my neck. 

You are dead, Chanyeol. 

I kneed him in the balls, he immediately released me and cursed in pain, ".... what was that for?" He asked and glared at me with his anger filled eyes.

I smiled, "you deserved it." 

"You are going to have to try a lot harder if you want to escape from me." He stood up straight and reached for me.

Darn, he recovered that fast?

Without thinking, I dashed down the stairs with Chanyeol chasing behind me. His long legs were fast, my heart pounded in my chest and my breathing shortened. Stepping down the last step of the staircase, I scanned my surroundings. Himchan was nowhere to be seen. The door was too far, he would out run me before I get there. 

I turned around and saw Chanyeol reaching to me. I slapped his hands away, "why the hell are you chasing me?" I yelled while running.

"Do you seriously think I'll let you go after you hurt my babies?" He yelled back and pointed to his crotch.

"Haha, you totally deserved that!" I laughed. Wait, why would I laugh in this situation? What has gotten into me? 

I started to tire after a few rounds of chasing around the club. Chanyeol was gaining on me. "Let's see how long you'll be able to last!" His voice came dangerously near. I better get away from him fast. 

When I saw the emergency exit stairs that led to the basement, an idea popped up in my head. I quickly dashed into a crowd of people in the corner of the room. Chanyeol followed behind. As stealthy as possible, I snuck away from the noisy crowd without him noticing me.

Heaving a sigh of relief, I headed for the fire exit door. There would be a set of stairs leading to the basement and outside where I could escape to. 

Just when I thought everything was going to be alright, another problem came along the way. Sure, I safely arrived at the fire exit door, but I couldn't get it open. I pushed on the door, but it wouldn't budge. Damn, I hope it's not locked...

Out of the corners of my eye, I spotted trouble coming back. Chanyeol saw me and was approaching at a dangerous speed.

I pushed on the door again, but as if there was something blocking it, the door didn't open. Chanyeol was getting closer...

I panicked and threw myself at the door with all the strength I saved up from the past 17 years. The door cracked opened with a thud. "Ouch..." A voice came from the other side. Too scared to care about who that was, I quickly slipped myself through and slammed the door on Chanyeol's face. 

After I caught me breath, I gasped as I noticed the presence of another person on the ground beside me. It was a cute boy that looked about the same age as me. He stared at me awkwardly and I quickly apologized, "I'm sorry, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I fine, and it was my fault for blocking the fire exit door." He replied sincerely.

"What were you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, some of our group members wanted to come to play pool. I just tagged along but I'm actually not into places like this. So here I am, taking a nap in this quiet staircase until you woke me up." He said and grinned.

His smiled was too cute! I studied him for a moment and realized he looked awfully familiar. "Hey, aren't you part of the new transfer student group from school? Exo?" I asked, unsure of what to say.

He nodded, "yep, my name is Minseok, but you can call me Xiumin. Nice to meet you." He said and held out a hand.

I took his hand and shook it, "My name is Evelyn, or Evie. Nice to meet you too-" 

I was interrupted by the loud banging on the door. I swore under my breath and quickly ran up to blocked the door. 

"I know you are in here. I'm coming in!" Chanyeol's voice boomed from outside and started opening the door. I kept quiet and tried not to break down. "You are blocking the door? Why, are you scared? You don't even know what I plan on doing to you yet." He said. 

I bit my lower lip, this was too much... I was scared, very scared. This is too alike from what happened two years ago... The door was banged multiple times. I started trembling, tears leaked from my eyes uncontrollably. Bad memories started flashing back. Finally, the door was slammed open.

I fell backwards, into someone's arms. Everything started to blur up, soon, I ended up in pure darkness and lost consciousness.

 

Narrator's POV

Xiumin was confused. He stood there and watched everything happen in front of him. The tomboy girl Evelyn suddenly jerked up as the door banged loudly. She quickly blocked it with all her might. 

Why is she blocking the door? Could it be that someone is after her? Maybe some stalker who is interested in that pretty little face of hers? Xiumin's thoughts whirled around with both nervousness and fascination. Though dressed masculine, it wasn't enough to hide her natural beauty, and Xiumin knows it. 

Snapping out from his trance, he quickly went to Evelyn to help her. Before he could have done anything, a familiar voice boomed from the other side of the door. 

"I know you are in here. I'm coming in!"

Xiumin immediately recognized that voice, because it belonged to no one but Park Chanyeol from his group. The frightened girl kept quiet, she was motionless.

"You are blocking the door? Why, are you scared? You don't even know what I plan on doing to you yet." 

Evelyn trembled in fear as tears rolled down her pale cheeks. Xiumin glared at the direction of the door. Suddenly, the impact of a forceful body slam sent the girl stumbling back. She lost her balance and tipped over. Without thinking, Xiumin dashed up and quickly caught her in his arms.

"Are you alright?" When he shook her multiple times and tried to comfort her but received no response, the feeling of shock overwhelmed him. She fainted... Xiumin caringly picked her light figure up and held her firmly in his chest as the looks of worry filled his face.

 When Xiumin looked up, Chanyeol was already standing beside the half opened door, nervously glancing at the two by the stairs. Xiumin glared at the tall giant who lowered his gaze in guilt. "Is she okay?" He asked in a tiny voice. 

Xiumin sighed angrily and placed Evelyn gently down on the ground before making his way to Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol swallowed dryly. "Is she okay?" He asked again in an almost whisper. 

Xiumin stopped in front of him, "is she okay, you ask. Why do you care? You are the reason this happened. You've gone too far this time, Park Chanyeol. Way too far!" Xiumin raised his voice and lectured the other boy who looked away regretfully. 

"Look hyung, I-I didn't know she would be so scared. Besides, she kneed me in the ball, do you know how much it hurts-" Chanyeol tried to argue but was interrupted by the angry elder. 

"Scared? No, Mr. Park, she was horrified! Listen, I think you need to learn your lesson today." Xiumin said and raised a fist. Just when he was about to land a punch of Chanyeol's face, Evelyn suddenly whimpered. Xiumin quickly rushed over to her side, Chanyeol followed. 

Xiumin grabbed one of her hand and squeezed it tight. "Are you okay?" He asked softly and brushed her bangs out of her face. 

Her eyes fluttered opened. "Xiumin..." It was the only word she said before closing her eyes again and losing consciousness. Xiumin sighed in frustration and caressed her cheeks. 

"Hyung, I think we should get her home." Chanyeol suggested. 

Xiumin glared at him and sighed in frustration, "right, let's get her home." He nodded and picked her up again. 

"So, do you know where she lives?" Chanyeol asked.

Xiumin mentally face palmed himself, darn, how am I supposed to bring her home if I don't know where she lives? "No Chanyeol, I don't know where she lives, happy?" He replied with no humor and closed his eyes for a moment, trying to organize his thoughts. 

"Maybe we could ask around? She might have a friend here or something." Chanyeol said.

Xiumin nodded, "I guess this is the only choice we have..." 

The club began to get crowded once it got dark outside. Xiumin and Chanyeol gave up by the time they asked around the whole building. Sure, lots of the customers here recognize her, but none knew a thing about her address. The two stood in the corner of the loud dance floor and watched as people partied out of their minds. 

"What should we do now, Hyung?" Chanyeol asked and took Evelyn into his arms. Xiumin stretched his limbs and messaged the bridge of his nose. 

"I honestly have no idea... Maybe she'll wake up soon? It's been quite a while since she fainted," Xiumin said unsurely and looked around before continuing to talk. "How long has it been, Chanyeol?" He asked.

The giant took out his phone and checked the time. "It's only been about half an hour." 

Xiumin's jaws dropped, "only half an hour? But I swear, we went around the club four times! Anyways, half an hour should be enough, she'll wake up soon. It was just shock," he said and looked at the sleeping girl in Chanyeol's arms, she was beautiful, but what was with that outfit? 

Chanyeol spoke with a hint of worry in his tone, "Hyung, you know, I think I heard from somewhere that fainting from shock could cause the victim to be unconscious for up to ten years. Also, a sudden shock may dramatically increase the rate of a human's heartbeat and lead to a serious heart attack." 

Xiumin jumped upon Chanyeol's words. "Tell me I am dreaming right now..." He wailed and turned to Chanyeol, "Mr. Park, if anything of that sort happens, you will take full responsibility, got it?" He said and prayed silently in his heart, please let Evelyn be okay... 

Just when the two was preparing for the mental stress if anything happens to Evelyn, a cheerful voice rang and tapped Xiumin by the shoulder. "Hello there, sorry to interrupt, but these are the official government flyers about the new law enforced in bars and clubs, please take your time and read it over, feel free to discard it after viewing." 

Chanyeol took one and immediately recognized the flyer, and at the same time, something flashed across the flyer boy's eyes when he spotted Evelyn in Chanyeol's arms, unconscious.

"Evelyn?" The boy called out. Xiumin noticed his expression darken and quickly grabbed Chanyeol's shoulder. However, Chanyeol didn't notice.

"Are you a friend of her-"

"What did you guys do to her?" The flyer boy hissed and cut Chanyeol off. 

"No, this is not how it looks, it's a misunderstanding!" Chanyeol smiled nervously and shook his head. 

"I asked what you did to her." He asked again louder. 

Xiumin stood by the side, watching the situation in front of him as the tension between them increased. Uh-oh, I don't like where this is going... People began noticing something wasn't right in this area, everyone moved away, giving the three more space in the corner of the room. 

Being the responsible elder of the group, Xiumin stepped up and got between the two boys. "Sorry about this, would mind hearing us out first before jumping to the conclusion that we did something to her." He asked sincerely with an apologetic smile. 

The boy eyed them in anger but quickly exhaled and nodded. "Fine, say whatever you want for yourselves. But if there is one word from your mouth that doesn't sound right, you two gentlemen are not getting out tonight in one piece." 

Xiumin gulped, "so, basically, my friend Chanyeol here was messing around with Evelyn and went a bit too far. She got really scared and fainted. We are very sorry, and we are willing to take full responsibility if anything happens. But just now, we are looking for someone who knows her address so we could bring her home." Xiumin explained. 

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol apologized with a little bow. 

"Really..." He murmured something under his breath and looked at the two boys from head to toe. "May I ask if you two are part of the new transfer student group from school?" He said and turned to Chanyeol. "And you. Were you the one who also messed with Evie at school today?" He asked.

It took Chanyeol a while to realize what he was talking about. But when he did, laughter escaped from his throat and he quickly covered his mouth with his hand while nodding. 

A smile spread out on the flyer boy's face, "so it was you! I knew you looked familiar! What you did was awesome man, you should have seen Evie's reaction." He stopped and looked at the two who didn't know how to react to his suddenly change of behavior. "No, I am not mad anymore. Evie will be fine, she's strong. By the way, my name is Himchan. It’s a pleasure meeting you two." He introduced and held out a hand for Xiumin to shake as Chanyeol carried Evelyn in his arms. 

"Nice to meet you, my name is Minseok, but preferred to be called Xiumin. This idiot beside me is Chanyeol, he may act like a playboy, but he is actually very simple minded." Xiumin said with a grin.

"Really? Well I still can't forget Evie's face when you tried to harass her in the middle of the hallway," Himchan exclaimed and Chanyeol rubbed his neck in embarrassment. "Seriously, did you actually scare her so much she fainted? What did you do?" Himchan asked out of curiosity.

"I threatened her a little..." Chanyeol answered, a different look appeared on Himchan's face, he seemed worried. 

"Oh, no wonder she fainted..." Himchan said and nodded.

Xiumin studied Evelyn who was still in Chanyeol's arms. "It really scared us. I hope it's nothing serious." Xiumin added.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine. I really should take her home now. And looking at her current state, I guess I have double amount of home work tonight." Himchan sighed with a troubled smile on his face.

"Yeah, it is getting late now." The two boys agreed.

Himchan looked at the remaining flyers in his hand. A grin spread over his face and he held the paper out to Xiumin, "Since you guys caused such a trouble for me, why don't the two of you finish handing these out for me as a payment for your behavior?" He said and shoved the flyers in Xiumin's arms.

"What?" Xiumin looked at the paper and smiled, "fine then. Have a good night, Himchan."

"See you tomorrow!" He said and took Evelyn from Chanyeol's arms and looked down at the sleeping girl with a gentle smile.

Xiumin and Chanyeol looked at them, and a same thought appeared in both of their minds, they looked good together...

Chanyeol stepped up and stopped Himchan before he was about to leave. "What is your relationship with Evelyn?" He suddenly questioned.

Himchan stopped for a second. "My relationship with Evie?" Chanyeol and Xiumin both nodded. "We are just really close friends I guess." Himchan answered after a while of consideration. Xiumin raised an eyebrow, and Chanyeol looked at him doubtingly.

"What? I'm not lying!" Himchan exclaimed.

"Are you sure, you are not her boyfriend or anything?" Chanyeol asked jokingly.

Himchan quickly nodded, "No, no, Evie don't see me that way," or any boys.

"Really? Don't regret your words. A beauty like her might be snatched away any second." Xiumin chuckled.

"Nah, not many sees her as a female." Himchan shook his head, "just look at," he eyed her tomboy clothing, "this." He said confidently and smiled.

The corners of Xiumin's mouth turned up. "Hmm, she is still a girl though. Chanyeol or I could totally have a thing for her right now." He said and immediately regretted his words.

"Haha, then have fun trying." Himchan smiled unnaturally. "It's late now, got to go!" 

Xiumin and Chanyeol waved him off and turned their attention of the small stack of flyer. The two immediately got to work while Himchan headed for the exit with Evelyn in his arms.

 

~~~~

 

Squeezing past crowds of half drunk people, they looked for a calm place where people will actually read the flyer without tossing it on the floor at the first glance.

The two chatted during their 'job'.

"Hyung,"

"Hmm?"

"Isn't Evie pretty?" Chanyeol said quietly and Xiumin choked upon his words.

"W-what?"

"Evie is pretty, right?"

"Y-yeah, sure."

"Why are you stumbling?"

Xiumin threw a glare at the youngster, "why are you calling her that?" He asked back.

"Himchan does it, so why can't I? And Evie sounds cute." Chanyeol grinned cheekily.

Xiumin smacked Chanyeol's head. "Don't make that expression, it makes you look pedo," he said with a little chuckle.

"Shut up bun."

"Is that how you talk to your hyung?"

"Screw you!" Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at Xiumin and ran for the stairs. Xiumin watched as the trouble maker escaped after committing such a serious crime of talking back to elders. It was pretty rare to hear Chanyeol talk about a girl like this...

 

~~~~

 

Meanwhile, on the quiet sidewalk down the road where the crescent moon peeked from the clouds, two people strolled. Or actually, one carried the other, but one plus one is two, so two people strolled.

Himchan looked down at Evie's calm sleeping face under the flickering street light. How peaceful, beautiful she looked. Himchan's heart strongly desired the girl he adored. That feeling was uncontrollable. It wasn't lust, just a warm desire and a friendly hope. No matter the type, those feelings triggered different thoughts in Himchan's mind and he paused in his tracks.

A gust of cold wind blew, but in his thin layered clothing, he didn't twitch. Her warm body temperature warmed his heart, her alluring fragrance made his insides burn. It wasn't an everyday moment to hold the person you love so close to you.

Unable to control himself, he slowly leaned in and left a gentle kiss on her soft cheeks.

Immediately after, he hated himself for that one single action. His role was to protect her, not taint her more with that dirty, meaningless contact of... love. She depended on him, yet with one thoughtless step, he trespassed the boundary in her heart.

I am sorry Evie, but, I can't continue like this anymore. Forgive me, please...

 

Word count: 3857 words.