Ditching School

My Sweet Baozi

Author's POV

It was 11:40pm. Evie was fast asleep underneath a white fluffy blanket on the big king sized bed. Beside her sleeping figure sat Yifan, who was observing her elegant features.

No wonder he would fall for you, baby Eve. Yifan thought to himself. If he was just a boy passing by, he would definitely develope feelings for her as well. Looking away from the girl, Yifan shut his eyes for a second. I better go talk to Himchan now. Then, he quietly got up from the bed and headed for Himchan's room.

Standing in front of Himchan's bedroom door, Yifan called out, "Himchan, are you awake? I need to talk to you."

Himchan who was asleep rolled over on the bed. He was woken by Yifan's whisper. "What? I don't want to talk" Himchan said, still feeling as frustrated and annoyed as ever.

"Himchan, come out now, or I'm coming in," Yifan said in a quite serious tone.

There was a moment of silence before Himchan sighed, "fine, come in."

Yifan opened the door and walked over to Himchan who was lying face down on the bed. He gently patted Himchan's back like a caring parent. "Are you crying?" He asked.

"No," Himchan said in a muffed voice as his face was buried in the pillow.

"Yes you are. Evie doesn't like boys who cry a lot," Yifan said.

Himchan let out a growl, "why should I care?" 

"Oh well, I just thought you might want to know Evie's preference," the elder teased, earning a scowl as a response from Himchan. 

Finally, Himchan turned around and wiped his eyes with his forearm. His eyes were red and puffy, Yifan couldn't help but let out a small laugh. "What did you want to talk about?" Himchan said and shot him a glare.

"Have you had the talk with your parents before?" Yifan decided to go back on topic and asked maturely.

Himchan raised an eyebrow, "the talk?"

"You know, the talk about making love," Yifan replied, trying not to use the word.

"What are you talking about?" Himchan asked, still confused.

"You dummy, I'm talking about ," Yifan answered and tried to hide his embarrassment.

"W-what?"

"Yep, the talk. It's time for you to learn about these things now. Just in case you get a girlfriend, not like that will happen in a million years," Yifan said and tried to hold back the laughter.

"Go die..." Himchan replied shyly, too embarrassed to meet the senior's gaze.

"Are you embarassed? Don't be, only an immature ert would make a big deal about this topic," Yifan quickly said as he noticed the awkward expression printed on Himchan's face. "Let's start with an easy topic. Do you have feelings for anyone? Don't be shy to tell me."

"Um... No." Himchan said after a moment of consideration and avoided Yifan's gaze.

"Liar, you like her, don't you?"

"Her?" Himchan asked.

"Evie,"

Himchan's eyes widened as he looked at Yifan in shock. But soon, a sorrow look filled his face. "There's no point to talk about it. She doesn't like me back. I am pretty sure she hates me. She always has a disgusted look on her face when I make physical contact with her," Himchan said in a small voice.

"No, she doesn't think you're disgusting. She thinks of you as a very close friend, that's all. She just can't suddenly accept you as a boyfriend," Yifan patiently explained.

Himchan looked up with a little bit of hope in his mind, "how do I get her to like me, not as a friend?"

Yifan thought for a moment, "I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea." 

"Right, no surprise here. I am talking about love with an old man who hasn't even dated yet," Himchan said with a sly smile.

"Okay okay, done with this topic," Yifan quickly interrupted, "let’s talk about the juicy stuff now," Yifan said seriously.

"Ha ha!" Himchan burst out laughing. "I can’t imagine you talking about this, hyung."

Yifan's face immediately turned pink. "Shut up you idiot, do you want to learn it or not?" After receiving a little nod from Himchan, he began the lesson, "first most important thing, protection. If you don’t want STI, or a kid, use protection and make sure you don't leak inside the girl, got that?"

"What protections are there?" Himchan pretended not to know since he wanted to hear all the words coming from his hyung's mouth.

"Oh my god, how do I say this..." Yifan groaned in frustration and ran his hand through his hair, ", the plastic tube wrap thing that you put on your... baby maker."

Himchan suddenly started choking because of his laughter. "Y-yeah? I know, keep going."

"Shhh! Stop being loud, you’ll wake up Evie," Yifan said in panic when he suddenly remembered that there was a girl sleeping next door.

"Oops, sorry hyung," Himchan tensed up and immediately stopped laughing.

"Okay then, let’s continue. Second, be safe, don’t be too rough for your first time. You don’t want to hurt the poor lady. For example, when you shove, don’t jerk in the beginning. Take it slow, and then increase the speed after both of you are comfortable with what you’re experiencing..."

What the two boys didn’t know was that Evie was already woken up by Himchan’s loudness. She crept across the hall way to the other side of the house. I wonder what they’re talking about this late. Why are they talking this late? Do they not want me to hear?  Evie wondered.

"Now, positions. Position is one of the most important thing to know. It controls what you feel and how you feel things. Some of the most popular poses are like this," Yifan used his hands to roughly describe the positions to Himchan.

"This is too confusing hyung, can you demonstrate with your body?" Himchan laughed at the thought of his hyung posing and decided to make fun of him.

"Oh no you don’t. I know what you’re thinking Himchan. If you want to see it that bad, come over and I’ll demonstrate using you. I am not going to pose like a moron,’" Yifan laughed evilly.

"Sure, let's go," Himchan said carelessly as he walked over and lay down on the bed.

"What the hell? Are you serious?" His hyung exclaimed. Surprised by Himchan’s actions.

Himchan laughed, "show me already. I’m going to need this knowledge when it’s my turn doing this."

What’s gotten into him? Am I seriously going to do this? Yifan thought as he walked over to the younger boy. After a few minutes, they got into the right position. Both boys were as red as tomatoes.

"Dude, you sure about this? I don't feel right teaching like this," the senior asked unsurely.

"Actually hyung, me too. It is weird. Now let go of my waist and move your head away from my neck before someone sees this and think we are gay."

They’re quiet again. I wonder what those two are up to. Being in the same room at midnight, talking so loudly. Evie placed her ears against the door, listening for any suspicious sounds. Nothing. She listened more carefully and heard sounds of faint breathing. What the hell are they doing?  She quietly opened the door and peeked in. The two boys were lying on the bed. Yifan had his arms around Himchan and their bodies intertwined.

"Dude, get off now!" Himchan whispered, unaware of the girl looking at them through a creak in the doorway.

"Okay, give me a second," Yifan whispered back and took a Deep breath. Suddenly the door creaked open and Yifan accidentally blew warm air on Himchan’s neck, causing the boy to moan loudly.

Evie stood by the door in shock.

The two boys immediately noticed Evie who was standing there awkwardly. Her face slowly turned red.

"Am I interrupting something?" Evie asked, looking down at the floor in embarrassment.

"No, it’s not what you think! We weren’t doing anything. Hyung was just showing me some positions," Himchan tried to explain, but judging by Evie’s expression, his explanation was effortless. 

"Right... Okay then, continue with what you guys were doing. I’ll just go back to bed," she quickly said and left the room.

"Look at what you’ve done! Now how are we going to make her understand we’re not gay?" Yifan smacked Himchan’s head.

"Me? It was you who blew on my neck!" 

"But you moaned!"

"You had the idea of showing me all this crap."

"You can’t talk to me like that, I’m your hyung!"

"It still isn’t my fault!"

The two argued for quite a long time before finally stopping the fight. They had a new problem, how would they prove they weren’t gay?

 

Evie’s POV

The first ray of sunshine entered my room, suddenly, my blanket was ripped away from me. I opened my eyes in surprise and found myself staring at Himchan’s face inches away from mine. 

"Wake up, sleepy head!" He flicked my forehead.

"Ouch, alright, let me wash up first," I whined, not wanting to leave the warmness of the bed.

"Hurry up, Yifan hyung is already preparing breakfast." 

I sat up and rubbed my sleepy eyes. "Alright, I'm up. Now get out and let me change," I said and tried to push Himchan out of my face.

A grin spread over my best friend's face. "I don’t mind. Go ahead and change, I’ll wait here."

"No, get out of my room you ert!" I punched his arm.

"Okay, okay," Himchan held up his hand in defense and walked out.

Seeing him leave my room, I stood up from my bed and proceeded my morning routines. After I was done washing up and changing, I headed downstairs with uneasiness as I remembered the events last night. I wonder what those two were doing last night, they aren’t really gay right? No way, Yifan oppa wouldn’t be. 

I walked into the delicious smelling kitchen and set the table. After placing 3 sets of eating utensil on the table, I took my seat and looked at Yifan oppa with a smile.

"Morning baby Eve, how was your sleep?" Yifan oppa asked and slid a plate of pancakes in front of me.

"Great. What were you and Himchan doing last night? Don’t tell me you guys are really gay," I said and frowned.

"No, I was just talking with Himchan."

"Talking? Who talks like that?" I questioned.

"I know that was weird, but trust me, we’re not gay."

"Okay then..." I replied unsurely and dug in.

Soon Himchan came and joined us for breakfast. We didn't talk much. Yesterday was a rather awkward day between the two of us.

 

After breakfast, Yifan oppa drove us to school. We got off in front of the school gates and immediately saw Exo. Like usual, they were surrounded by a crowd of girls. Xiumin was looking around helplessly, trying to get away from the females who were sweet talking at his face.

"Himchan, don’t they get annoyed by all those crazy girls? I’m getting annoyed just by looking at them," I said and nudged Himchan.

"Ha, that’s their problem. They are probably used to it by now," Himchan looked their direction and replied without a care.

Suddenly, Xiumin spotted me as his gaze met mine. With a smile on his face, he turned and talked to Chen. Not a second later, all of them started approaching us. Why were they coming over? "Oh crap, don’t bring those psycho chicks over here with them," I said to Himchan who nodded along.

"Hello Evie!" Chanyeol smiled brightly and came up to hug me. I didn’t resist his tight grip. Himchan eyed me weirdly and greeted all the Exo members.

turned around after hearing someone say my name. I caught death glares from Exo’s fan girls. What’s their problem? I turned back and smiled at the boys. They all smiled back. Immediately, I heard more cursing from the girls.

Soon, the school bell saved us from getting trampled by the girls. Everyone started heading for their own classes. As Himchan and I separated for our classes, I caught a glare from a girl, Tiffany.

 

The first period passed by slowly as the math teacher babbled on and on about the upcoming exams. I half listened and half slept on my desk. After the first class ended, I headed for the hall to my next class. Walking down the crowded hallway, I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find Tiffany with her gang (which was a group of girls who thought they were all pretty and acted like queens at school).

Tiffany smiled at me.

"If you’ll excuse me, I need to get to my next class," I faked a smile and continued walking.

Surprisingly, she blocked my path and grabbed my wrist. "I see you’ve befriended Exo, huh? I wonder what they’re going to think about you if they knew what you were. Me and the girls are going to hang out at the bar today, we want you to join us." 

"I’m not going back there," I replied coldly. Where is this conversation head to?

"Oh no? Jimin missed you a lot, Evelyn. He wants to see you."

"I don’t want to see him ever again. Don’t even talk about him." I tried to go around Tiffany.

The cruel girl smiled, "So you want me to tell Exo what a bad girl you were then?" She smirked and my eyes went wide. Was she using Exo to threaten me?

Looking at me up and down, Tiffany chuckled. "I wonder what Exo will think about you if they ever learn about all your dirty secrets." With this said, she shook her head and walked away.

"Wait!" I called out.

Tiffany glanced back in glee. "Changed your mind eh? Okay then, get your things ready and we are leaving now." She held up her purse.

"Now? It’s still school." 

"Are you coming or not?" 

"Fine..." I quickly packed my stuff and followed Tiffany.

"Good girl."

Stopping in front of the washroom, she shook her head in disbelief. "You’re not coming in that outfit. Follow me." She dragged me to the washroom. She put her purse down and pulled out an exposing pink tank top that showed skin half way down the back and white jean shorts. "Get changed," she commanded.

"What? I’m not wearing that," I looked away.

"Ew, I don’t want you around me dressed like this, you make the girls look bad. Get changed now." She threw the clothes at me, I caught it and stepped into the stall with no choice.

After I came out, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and wanted to throw up. I haven’t worn anything like this for quite a while. Tiffany then applied make up on my face which consisted of layers of foundation, concealer, Mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss. Watching her work smoothly on my face, I was sure she'd be an amazing makeup artist.

"All done, perfect," she exclaimed. I examined myself in the mirror. I was pretty, really pretty. Tiffany and  I stepped out of the washroom. Her minions gasped, "OMG you’re so pretty. Why do you always wear those lame clothes?"

 "Thanks, but don’t get me wrong. This is not my personal preference," I replied.

 "What are you ladies doing in the hall way? The bell rang 10 minutes ago!" A voice boomed behind us. It was a very angry male teacher.

 "Run," Tiffany whispered and we all dashed away. I ran to the nearest classroom and hid. It was the music room. There were a couple students in there, but I didn’t think anyone could recognize me in this outfit and with makeup. 

 "Evie? Is that you?" I heard Xiumin’s voice. 

Holy crap, why is he here? I pretended not to hear him and walked past him to the door. Suddenly, he grabbed me by my shoulder and turned me around. Looking closely at my face, then my body, his face was filled in surprise. I was probably as red as tomatoes by then. I avoided his gaze and ran out the room, leaving Xiumin there, stunned.

 After I made sure danger cleared. I snuck out of the school and met up with Tiffany at the back entrance.

 Tiffany saw me and waved. "Hurry up, what took you so long?" She said with an annoyed expression.

 "I’m here now," I replied. Together, we walked down the busy street.

 

 Xiumin’s POV

 I was practicing vocals in the music room. There were already some people in there but I didn’t mind. At least there were no girls stalking me. Suddenly, the door opened. A girl ran in and shut the door behind her.

She looked very familiar...  No way. Evie doesn’t wear this kind of clothes, but she really looked like her. 

 "Evie, is that you?" I called out.

The girl turned around and looked at me with a surprised expression. She tried to walk past. I grabbed her shoulders and turned her around. Yep, It indeed was Evie. Why wasn’t she in class? What’s with the clothes and makeup? I mean she looked stunning, but that style wasn't the girl I know. I could swear to god Evie was the prettiest girl I’ve ever met, both her personality and the outside.

Something clearly wasn't right. I need to tell Himchan about it.

Word count: 2916 words