Don't Hate Me

My Sweet Baozi

Evie’s POV

I walked down the street with Tiffany and her minions. The sidewalk wasn't as busy as the early morning when students and worker were hurrying to work and school. My entire body was tense as I forced myself to take one step after another, trailing behind Tiffany who led the troup of girls. Maybe I shouldn't go after all, I've decided to never go back there. With this thought, my pace slowed.

Tiffany noticed and I wasn't following and stopped in her tracks to face me. "What's wrong, are you scared?" She asked me with a smirk on her gorgeous face which was plastered with makeup. On the other hand, who was I to talk, I had makeup on too. "You are free to leave if you want to go back to school. But I guess I have to send your Exo friends a little message too," Tiffany said in a threatening tone and waited for my response.

My desire of resistance sank at the mention of the 11 boys. I shook my head. "No, let's keep going..."

Tiffany's attention turned to my legs instead as she look at me from head to toe. What was she looking at? My scars. She knew how I got them, and that knowledge was what used to control me. "They’re still there..." She said after a second of silence.

"Of course, these aren’t just scratches," I replied, putting on a poker face.

"Such shame, a beauty like you was violated in this way. Only if you had obeyed your boyfriend, non of this would have happened,” Tiffany said. "If you want, we can still hang out there and do what we used to do," she suggested.

"No way. I won’t ever go back to that path again," I replied harshly. Tiffany glared at me and scoffed as she resume walking.

After a few more minutes, we arrived at the familiar place I spend most of my freshman years at, the bar.

"Hey, I don’t have my fake ID anymore. They won’t let me in," I said, hoping they'd let me go.

"Don’t worry," she glanced at her friends with a smile. "We got this, right girls?" After saying this, she walked up to the drunken guard with another girl.

"Hey babe. Our friend forgot her ID today, can she come in with us?" The girl said as she wrapped her arms around the drunken man’s neck and leaned close.

"Yeah sure ladies, enjoy your time," the guard smiled and waved to me. I waved back, putting on a seductive smile which I was great at through the previous experiences I had.

We walked in the dark building, the music played from the speakers. Looking around the familiar yet scary place, I suddenly felt dizzy. It had been a couple years since I’ve been in here. Since it was still daytime, the weren't as many people in the bar. No one was on the dance floor and there were many empty seats by the counters. Some guys in the corner looked at us and whistled. We looked their way and they waved for us to come closer. Tiffany walked toward them and I followed.

"Hey, Tiffany! Looking good like always, eh?" A guy said and hugged her.

“Youngguk oppa, nice to see you here today," Tiffany greeted.

"Who’s this pretty chick beside you?" Youngguk looked at me with a flirty smile on his face. Alright, since I’m already here, why don’t I enjoy myself for this once?

"Seriously Youngguk, don’t you remember me?" I said and smiled.

"Evelyn?" He asked, eyes going wide.

"Yep, nice to see you again!" I hugged him and he hugged me tightly back.

"God I missed you, are you okay now?" He asked.

"Yeah, although there are lots of scars left," I pointed to my legs.

"Oh my, poor Evelyn. Come here and let me comfort you, you deserve more love..." He pulled me into an embrace.

"Where are the people who did this to me?" I asked, glancing around.

"Oh, after the we saw what they did to you, we gave them some sweet beating. One of them ended up with a broken arm." I raised an eyebrow at his words. "That’s nothing compared to what they did to you. They won’t dare to come back again." Youngguk said and grinned at me. I nodded but kept silent.

I went around the bar and greeted more people I know. I didn't even notice the man coming up from behind. I felt arms around my waist and I was back hugged strange, I immediately realized who it was.

Jimin.

 

Xiumin’s POV

I excused myself from class and headed for Himchan’s class. I stood by the door and looked in. The teacher was writing some math equations on the board. I knocked lightly on the door. The door was opened by Chen, I didn't speak to my friend but to the teacher.

"Sorry for interrupting your class. May I get Himchan please? The office wants him."

The teacher looked at me in annoyance for interrupting the lesson and nodded. I took Himchan outside.

"The office is that way, hyung." Himchan looked at me weirdly as I dragged him in the opposite direction.

"No, I have to tell you something. Evie left class."

"Yeah?"

"She was wearing tank top and short shorts. And she had makeup on. Is that normal?"

"What?! No, definitely not. Where did she go? Was she on her own or with someone?" Himchan asked me with a worried look in his eyes.

"I don’t know. She seemed to be in a hurry..." I thought for a moment and replied.

"Oh no, is she in school right now?" Himchan’s expression changed.

"I don’t think so, I think I saw her running out of school. Do you have any idea of where she might be?" I asked.

"Makeup? Revealing clothes? I have a pretty good idea. We have to go after her, now!" Himchan said and started running for the exit, I followed.

We ran out of school premises. What was happening? After we passed a few blocks, we stopped in front of a bar. Bar? Why would Evie be here, she wasn't even old enough.

"Here? Are you sure, Himchan?" I looked at him.

"Yes, I’m positive." Himchan said with a serious expression. The guard was dead drunk. We walked past him and stepped in this dark smoky atmosphere.

 

Author’s POV

"Get your hands off me!" Evie growled at the handsome bad boy.

"What’s wrong, my cute Evelyn? You don’t like your boyfriend touching you?" Jimin asked with a smirk on his face.

"You are not my boyfriend! It was over 2 years ago!" Evie shook her head and pushed him away.

"What did I do?" Jimin asked, coming closer to Evie again.

"Everything! You know I didn’t like you that way, but you still manipulated me into doing that crap..." She trailed off.

"You acted like you loved me a whole lot. Is there anything wrong with biting the meat by my mouth?" He shot back and Evie looked down the ground in silence. His eyes traveled down her slender frame, looking at her scars on her legs and arms. "Poor Evelyn, what happened?" 

"Stop acting! You were the one behind this! It was you who ordered them to do this to me, you freaking bastard!" Evie yelled angrily.

"I didn’t know they would go so far. I’m sorry. I really missed you, Evelyn. Forgive me, I was just mad." He said and suddenly cupped her face.

"What are you doing?" She asked, feeling tears in her eyes.

Jimin leaned in and gave her a hard, forceful, passionate kiss. His tongue invaded and intertwined with hers. Evie’s eyes went wide of shock. She tried to push him away but failed to do so.

At the same moment, Himchan and Xiumin ran in through the door. The two boys saw them and froze. They watched as that stranger kiss Evie. The girl noticed them. With tears streaming down her cheek, she reached out for help. The boy immediately understood the situation and ran over. 

"What the hell were you doing to her?" Xiumin ran up and pulled Jimin off her by his collar.

"Is there anything wrong with me kissing my girlfriend?" Jimin said, looking directly into Xiumin's eyes. Hearing this, Xiumin backed off with shock on his face. Jimin laughed.

"She didn’t seem like she enjoyed making out with you," Himchan stepped up in front of Jimin.

"It’s none of your business," Jimin shot back.

"Actually, yes it is. She’s my best friend and I have right to help her and protect her," Himchan said like a sassy chick. Evie was impressed by the answer he gave Jimin.

"Ha, best friend? You’ve got to be kidding me. When did my Evelyn have boys as her best friend. I thought she'd get them laid as soon as possible," Jimin laughed and looked at Evie who shook her head at his words. "Why? Am I wrong in any way?"  

Glaring at Jimin, Xiumin grabbed Evie by her wrist and pulled her behind him.

Jimin raised his eyebrows at Xiumin's protective action. "What’s a pretty faced boy like you doing here? There are plenty of other pretty chicks for you to hit on," Jimin said to Xiumin.

"Others? No, I only want Evie," Xiumin replied coldly. Evie looked at him in surprise, he flashed a confident smile.

"You won’t want her if you knew what she used to be." Jimin looked at her, silently threatening her with his glare.

"What are you talking about?" Xiumin asked curiously, clearly interested on this topic. The girl immediately tensed up. 

"Let’s tell him about what a bad girl you were, Evelyn," Jimin said with a smirk.

"No, please don’t..." Evie said in a quiet voice.

"No? Then come here to my side and I’ll take you away like before." 

Evie stood there, not knowing what to do. She looked at Himchan, who was shaking his head telling her not to go.

"Choose. Come to me and we’ll have fun or stay with him and lose him after I tell him about your past," Jimin asked with a smile on his face.

Evie looked lost for a moment. Then, she took a step toward Jimin.

"No, don’t go to him," Xiumin grabbed her hand. Evie looked at him with a sad smile and pulled her hand away, Xiumin's eyes widened.

"Alright Evelyn, forget about them and let’s go get a drink." Jimin wrapped his arms around her and together, the two walked out of the room and away from the two boys.

 

Narrator’s POV

Xiumin was practically shaking in frustration after Evie left with the unpleasant boy. He didn't understand why Evie chose him instead of coming back to safety. What did she want to hide?

"Let's go, we can't do anything right now. Evie will be okay," Himchan said reassuringly.

Himchan led Xiumin into another section of the bar. Unlike the others, this one doesn’t have music blasting loud, nor teenagers causing trouble or smoking. Himchan looked around and found a quiet empty seat near the corner. 

"You seem like you know your way around here pretty well." Xiumin turned to Himchan as they sat down on a sofa placed in the empty corner.

Himchan nodded. "Of course, I used to hang out here with Evie all the time."

"You guys used to come to this place?" The older boy asked, clearly surprised by Himchan’s words.

"We were pretty different back then..."

"Why did Evie go with that guy?"

"I guess she was afraid..." Himchan said like he was deep in thought.

"Afraid, of what? I mean we were there right by her side. She must trust us." Xiumin exclaimed, meeting Himchan’s calm gaze. "Trust you at least..." He added, not wanting to sound like he’s too full of himself.

"Trust us? Yeah she trusts us. That's exactly why she was afraid," Himchan said, messaging the bridge of his nose.

"I’m totally confused right now. What was Evie afraid of?" Xiumin looked at Himchan with a confused expression.

Gosh... I really don’t want to tell him all this. Himchan thought as he drew a deep breath. "She’s afraid of losing you," he answered and quickly looked away, feeling slightly annoyed by this topic. 

"Losing me?" Xiumin stuttered. Evie is afraid of losing me? I would never leave her... "Does it have something to do with her past?" Xiumin asked quietly.

"Yeah... She thinks you'll leave her if you learn about who she was two years ago," Himchan said.

"Was Evie a bad person back then?"

"No, not really. She just wanted to make friends, male friends," Himchan continued.

"Male friends?" 

"Yeah, she really detested girls back then. She won’t talk to any females, absolutely none. Even now, she still doesn’t get along with them. But she is much better, back then, she'd want to slap all the girls on the street." Himchan frowned.

"Why?" The senior was very confused.

"Everything just leads back to family issues I guess. Evelyn's mom was the main reason... Right when Evie’s family was on the edge of being broke after some financial issues with her father's company, her mom left. Her mom went away with a rich man and left the family. Evie went through a lot of emotional pain during that period of time. Her heart was broken, and from that event, she developed hatreds toward girls," Himchan explained.

"Is this it? She wasn’t bad or anything. Even if she was, that was all in the past. I wouldn't leave her over this," Xiumin said.

"No, that’s not the past she’s hiding. What happened after is the real pain in her heart," Himchan sighed.

"What happened after?"

"After Evie's hatred for girls had developed, she was sure boys were more trustworthy than girls. She started to make guy friends. But a girl is a girl, she couldn’t get close to boys like she desired to, so she became desperate. Around that time, her dad started looking for a new wife and new family. To get her daughter out of his way, he bought Evie a house and abandoned her on her own."

"Wait, so you’re saying she has been all alone these past years, no family?" Xiumin furrowed up his eyebrows, unhappy about her father's choice.

"With out the proper care from her parents, Evie began to get influenced by the people she hung out with, trust me, they weren't friendly. She started smoking and drinking at the bar often. She understood how bad she was being, but perhaps it was her way to forget about reality and meet new people."

 Xiumin remained silent, unable to believe his own ears.

Himchan sighed. "I was like Evie back then. Although I saw her around the bar, we didn't know each other, I didn't do anything to lead her away from the dark path she was going down. Soon, the serious things started happening..." Himchan said and paused to check Xiumin's expression, which was gloomy mixed with shock and curiosity.

"Continue." Xiumin said simply.

"Man, I’m not sure if I should... Evie’s going to kill me if she finds out I told you..." Himchan rubbed his eyes and looked around. "Fine. I’ll tell you, Xiumin hyung, just because I trust you."

Xiumin nodded.

"After Evelyn tried everything to find a trustworthy male friend, she decided to take a different approach. She started to act girly, sweet talking to get attention, seducing them to gain their trust. She eventually got into the circle. That was when she met Jimin. Jimin gave her lots of attention, but little did Evie know, it wasn’t the type of attention she had expected. It wasn’t as a friend, but as a mate."

"Who is Jimin?" Xiumin asked.

"Jimin? He was the boy who took Evie away," Himchan said.

Xiumin’s eyes were wide with shock. "What even?"

"Okay, here’s the important part." Himchan looked at Xiumin, waiting for the older boy’s response. Xiumin nodded and Himchan continued. "One night, Jimin took Evie to the washroom. I don’t exactly know what happened in there. When Evie came out, she wasn't normal anymore, despair filled her eyes and she just left the bar."

"Himchan, what do you think happened in the washroom?" Xiumin said quietly.

"I honestly don’t know. There were some rumors going around. I think Jimin took her." Himchan replied.

"No way... but did Evie want it?" Xiumin paused at the terrible thought. 

"I don’t know," Himchan said as he felt his face burning just thinking about it.

"Never mind, let’s figure that out later. Continue with the story," Xiumin quickly said after he saw Himchan’s immature reaction.

"Okay, the next day, a group people took Evie away forcefully and never brought her back. That night, I accidentally found her lying in an alley behind the bar. She was in a crazy state. There were knife cuts all over her, and burn marks over her arms. Evie was bloody and bruised up. Her left arm was broken-"

"Wait, is when her scars are from?" Xiumin interrupted.

Himchan sadly nodded, "that’s also when Yifan hyung came. He specifically came to the bar for her. He said he was a close friend of Evie's. Later, he took her to a hospital where she got treated. Yifan even knew her dad’s number. Of course, soon, Evie, Yifan, and her father met up and had a long chat. Before Yifan left, he asked me to look after Evie, and that's how we became friends... Evie’s been through a lot of stuff. She's hurt mentally and physically. The scars will never fade away on my delicate girl..." Himchan finished.

"My... I can’t believe it," Xiumin shook his head but immediately froze when he heard a cold harsh voice behind him.

Evie came up from behind the two. "Let me guess, now that you know, you’ll leave me like everyone else does, right?"

"You heard?" Himchan asked with a shocking expression on his face.

"Yes I was, if both of you want to leave me, go ahead..." she trailed off as tears began rolling down her face.

"No, that’s not-"

"I know I’m dirty and disgusting, just shut up and go! I don’t mind getting hurt again," Evie yelled and ran out the door. She wanted to get far away from this horrible place that contained her most disturbing memories...

 

Word count: 3084 words