Exo?

My Sweet Baozi

Evelyn's POV

Everything was white, the floor, the ceiling, and the furniture. I looked around at the strange and unfamiliar room. The air was slightly stuffy as I searched for a window that didn't seem to exist. 

It was a weird gut feeling that told me to turn around. As I did, four girls stood there and looked at me with pleading eyes. They all had long black hair that hung down their back and a peculiar frown that curled on their glossy lips. My eyes widened a little when I realized that they all look exactly the same. 

With desperate expressions on their faces, the four opened their mouth and spoke at the same time. "Can you please do us a favor? We promise to do something in return."

I gazed at them and hesitantly nodded. 

Their frown turned into a wicked smile. "Can you give us your limbs? We are starving." They all spoke at once, I gasped in shock. 

One picked up a chainsaw from the ground and smiled at me sweetly. The lust of hunger filled their eyes as one grabbed my arm. I tried to run, but as if invisible chains tied me up, I couldn't move. I screamed in fear, but no sound came out. 

They started to remove my arms, then legs. Blood oozed out from the stubs at the end of my shoulder and hips. Strangely, as painful as it might have looked, I felt nothing. It was a deadened sensation, my entire body was numb.

A giant mess was made on the white floor. I laid there helplessly in my own blood puddle, listening to the giggles of the four girls who had done this. When I had finally come back to my senses, I turned my head to look at the four who stood over me. They were eating my flesh, pieces of meat was stuck to their teeth and blood trickled down their chin, onto their lovely white dresses that blended in with the white room.

Struggling to look up, I swallowed my tears back. "Can you guys help me up?" I asked weakly.

The four identical girls narrowed their eyes and looked down at me. "You won't be able to stand anyways." With that, they continued munching on my limbs. 

"Please... You promised to do something in return!" I argued and flailed in the blood puddle on the cold hard floor.

They looked down in disgust, "did we? Sorry, but we really don't have time for you." The four of them said and threw my bones down at me before walking away. 

Somehow, I knew this was going to happen to me. I sighed on the spot and tears leaked from my eyes. I deserved it for my stupidity...

 

My eyes fluttered open as the first ray of morning sunlight shone into my room. Sitting up weakly from bed, it sent chills down my body just thinking about that disturbing nightmare again. My face was still wet from the sobbing I did in my dream. It had been a long time since I've had a nightmare like that.

I found my alarm clock down on the floor beside my bed. I must have knocked it over in my sleep. Heaving a sigh, I grabbed it and placed it on my night stand. There was a crack on the screen and it wasn't lighting up even after the countless tries of plugging it in. I gave up on the thought of fixing it and sat down on my bed.

Suddenly, I realized something important; today was Monday, a school day. I quickly grabbed my phone and checked the time. It was already 10:38am. Damn it... I am late, again. At times like this, I really wished I had a loving parent who would wake me in the morning and cook me some yummy warm breakfast...

I lived alone in a nice big two story house with a lovely front and back yard that overflowed with weeds, bushes, and trees. With all the business at school, I had no time for gardening. Every month or two, I'd call the landscaping people to fix up the mess in the yard, mow the grass and rid the weeds.

Money really wasn't a problem for me since all my living expenses were taken care of by my father. He didn't live with me because he already found a new family, but he sends me a decent amount of money on my card. 

I washed up before lazily heading down the stairs for breakfast. I poured milk in a bowl of cold cerial and wolfed down the meal. After the delicious food I had, I dumped the dish into the sink and was about to watch TV when I heard the distant sound of my phone ringing. 

I quickly hopped up the stairs to my bedroom and grabbed my phone. Checking the caller ID, it was my best friend Himchan.

I picked up and spoke first, "What?"

"Good morning Evie! Why aren't you at school?" He asked.

"I woke up late." 

"Then shouldn't you be hurrying to school?" 

"Hm? I'm about to watch TV.”

"Evie! Get here now, there are new students!" He exclaimed.

"So?"

"There are eleven of them, all guys, really handsome." Himchan half shouted half whispered.

I raised my eyebrow, "eleven boys? Alright, I'll be there soon. By the way, aren't you in class right now?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I didn't see you today so I'm just calling in the washroom to see if you are okay." 

"Oh, don't get caught, I'll be there soon." 

"Hurry up!"

"Okay, okay!"  I said with a grin on my face and hung up. 

Himchan's voice always cheered me up and made me smile. Fine, I'll go to school for his sake, and the eleven boys. I quickly put a white T-shirt over my head and low ridded a black skinny jean. After throwing a baggy sweater over myself, I glanced in the mirror and smiled in satisfactory. 

All good, this was a perfect boy look. No stranger will be able to tell I'm a girl, Muhahaha! I don't really like girls although I am one myself. I had made lots of guy friends in school and in town so I'm all good. After putting my hair up, I brushed my bangs into place and put a cap on before grabbing my backpack and headed out the door. 

The bus ride was a bit uncomfortable for me today as a number of girls kept their gaze on me during the whole trip. I shifted uncomfortably in my seats and eavesdropped on two girls sitting behind me.

"Gosh, that guy is so cute! I wonder how old he is." One whispered, at first I wasn't sure who they were talking about, but everything was clear when the next girl spoke.

"I know right, I love how his bangs show from under the hat and blocks his eyes. But he is kinds short though."

I was stabbed in the heart. I am not the tallest, but hey, I'm not THAT short for a girl... I sat there, listening to all their comments about me as I waited for my stop which came rather quickly.

 

~~~

 

It was lunch break when I arrived at the high school. The hallway was filled with students passing by, going to their lockers or fooling around. But as I travelled further down the hall, a blob of girls crowded ahead of me. I walked up in confusion and tried to squeeze past the wall of people. 

When I finally pushed to the center, a bunch of boys stood there. Their faces were unfamiliar to me and all of them were absolutely gorgeous. They must be the new students Himchan was talking about... 

"Where are you guys from?" One girl squealed.

"What are you names?' Another yelled.

I rolled my eyes at their crazy behavior, calm down people...

Just when I was about to walk past to find Himchan,  my gaze met with a boy. He was really tall, especially compared to me, and had amber coloured bangs just above his eyebrows. He studied from head toe before walking towards me with a smirk on his flawless face. I stared at him in confusion as he stopped in front of me.

"Can't keep your eyes off me, eh?" 

I froze up for a second, what was with this guy? I ignored his flirty smile and backed up a little.

Smiling weakly, I held my hand out, "You are new, right? Nice to meet you," I said friendly. 

He took my hand, “Nice you meet you too, lovely." He said and winked. 

He was one hell of a weird guy... He actually recognized me as a girl, impressive. Before I could reply, I suddenly noticed Himchan squeezing through all the girls, waving at me. I quickly turned back to Chanyeol and smiled politely, "My friend is waiting for me. See you around!" With that, I headed for Himchan. 

"Well, that took you long enough." He said as we walked down the hallway of the school to the cafeteria. 

I glanced at him, "sorry, it was totally MY fault for talking to someone. I wasn't even going to come to school today, be grateful." I joked and shoved him lightly. "So, are those boys all in one group?" I asked, feeling curious about the handsome boys.

"I think so, I don't know the exact detail, but they all enrolled here on the same date and looks pretty close, so I guess so." He replied. 

"Okay then." I nodded.

"Want to help out at my uncle's club today? We haven't hung out in a long time." Himchan said.

I grinned. "We aren't even old enough to go in yet, and you're already talking about working there." Himchan and I are in our last year of high school, we are both 18 this year. 

"It's okay, stop pretending like you've never been." He said.

I sighed and nodded, "fine fine."  

 

~~~~

 

The school day passed slowly. We received extra homework tonight. We are graduating this year, that means getting a good mark on the exams and going to a good university is our prior task. My grades in school are pretty well, and that comes from the extra studying I do at home. 

After the bell rang, all the students flocked out of their classrooms and filled the empty hallway. I too, went to put my things away. Himchan was waiting for me at my locker. "Evie! Are you ready to go?" He exclaimed.

"Let me put my stuff away. I have tons of homework tonight though..." I said and frowned. 

The look of disappointment filled Himchan's face, "really? But I don't want to work alone. What comes first, your handsome best friend, or tiring homework?"

"Alright, but I can't stay late tonight. Let's go." I gave in and followed him down the hallway. 

Again, just like this morning, a bunch of students blocked the hall. Himchan, who was in front of me pushed through the people and disappeared in front of my eyes, I looked around and sighed in annoyance. Before I could follow him, someone grabbed my wrist and pulled my back. I gasped and turned around. It was the tall boy from this morning. 

"It's nice to see you again." He said and moved in a bit too close for comfort.

I backed off a little, "Hello..."

He approached even closer and brought his face close to mine. "You are a pretty girl. Want to go out with me?"

I laughed, "What? I don't even know your name."

His facial expression was perfectly serious. I gulped before backing away even more, until my back came in contact with the cold lockers behind. "What are you doing?" I asked.

He looked deep into my eyes. I couldn't help but avoid his gaze. His hands tipped my chin up to face him. "Why? You don't like it?" His voice rumbled as he leaned in closer.

I tried to shove him away, but miserably failed when he didn't budge one bit, "dude, people are watching."

"How cute, would you like to do it somewhere private?" He teased and caressed my cheek. 

Suddenly, someone walked up and pulled him away. It was another handsome boy from the group. "Chanyeol, you are not gay, and this is school. Please watch your actions next time before harassing someone." The person said sternly, he was short compared to the flirt, but the aura he gave off was like a leader.

"Sorry about that." The leader like guy bowed and apologized before pulling the idiot, Chanyeol, away to the group of boys.

I observed them carefully and my gaze stopped on one of the boys. He was very cute and seemed rather quiet in the group. As if he sensed me looking, he turned my way and our gaze met. I froze on the spot. He flashed a smile at me and turned away when his friend talked to him.

Walking away from that dangerous area, I found Himchan laughing his head off in the out coves of the school. Where was this idiot when I needed him? "What are you laughing at?" I growled.

"Pffft, you should have seen your face. Hahahaha!" He roared in laughter. 

I punched him, "if you saw me, you should have done something about it!" I said unhappily.

"Sorry, I just couldn't, that was the funniest thing I've ever seen happening to you!"

He continued laughing idiotically, I scoffed and walked away. 

 

 ~~~~

 

We arrived at the club by bus. I stopped in front of the building, music could be heard blasting from inside and I looked at Himchan hesitantly. "Are we really going in here?" I asked, not feeling so sure about it now. A wave of pain of swam across my mind as my hands began to shake a little. 

"You'll be fine, Evie. Just forget about the past and try to move on." He said and took my hand. I nodded at his word and we bother walked in together. 

"Please show me a piece of your ID." The guard stopped us by the door.

Himchan smiled sincerely, “My uncle own this club, and we are just helping out here today." He said.

The guard studied Himchan, "Right! You are Himchan, right? Come on in. I just had to asked because a bunch if young people just came in earlier, but I think they might have been under age. I didn't check them since your uncle insisted not to."

"Really? Well, I guess it's okay if my uncle says so." Himchan replied and we walked in.

Loud music blasted from the dance room while drunken looking people filled up the tables and seats. My heart pounded nervously as this dark atmosphere penetrated my head. Bad memories from the past flashed back as I squeezed my eyes tight to clear my head. 

"Are you okay?" Himchan asked with worry. 

"Yeah... I'm fine. What are we doing?" I asked and smiled weakly.

"Well, there are flyers that needed to be handed out. It's from the government and all the customer needs one." He answered and picked up two stacks of paper from inside the counter. He handed me one stack, "why don't you hand them out upstairs, it's quieter and calmer. I'll handle the first floor." He said.

"Thank you Himchan." I nodded and walked up the stairs with flyers in hand. 

The second floor was the pool section and cards section. It was rather calm up here. Scanning around the different sections, I jumped when I saw a familiar figure playing pool. Chanyeol. His friends were around too, I panicked a little.

Suddenly, Chanyeol placed his stick down and turned his head, our eyes met. He looked surprised for a second, but his signature smirk formed on his face before he headed towards me.

 

Word count: 2661 words