Priorities

Arranged Future

A LOT GOING ON IN THIS CHAPTER

 

Normally Yoongi didn’t mind being the little spoon to Jimin’s big spoon, the kid was a world class cuddler. Unfortunately, this morning Jimin was squeezing him a little too tightly. He was about to tell the younger to let go, but Jimin asking, “Hyung, are you awake yet?” against his stopped him. “Yea,” Yoongi’s gruff morning voice answered back. “I’m sad,” Jimin mumbled hugging the elder tighter. “First thing in the morning?” Yoongi asked unhooking Jimin’s free arm from around his crushed midsection, “Why?”  

 

There was a small pause as Jimin scooted up high enough to loosely drape his arm over Yoongi’s shoulder. “Today is the anniversary of my parents’ death,” he said sullenly. He pressed the side of his face against Yoongi’s. ‘So that’s why he’s extra clingy this morning,’ Yoongi mused.

 

“Are you going to visit them today?” he asked the younger. He felt Jimin nod. “Do you want me to go with you?” he asked. He felt Jimin nod again, slower this time. “Do you want to go now?” he asked his final question. Jimin nodded once more. Yoongi freed his hand from beneath his pillow and grabbed the younger’s hand that was tucked beneath his chin, “You go shower first Jiminnie, I have a phone call to make,” he told him with a tug of his hand.

 

Jimin untangled himself, sat up, and rolled Yoongi fully onto his back. “Thanks hyung,” he said simply with a small smile. His spiky bed hair was always something Yoongi enjoyed seeing, “No problem,” he told him reaching up to tousle his hair further. Jimin leaned down and softly kissed the elder before getting up and heading into his bathroom.

 

Yoongi smiled and sat up. He grabbed his phone off the floor beside the mat and swiped his thumb across the screen to unlock it. His parents wanted him to meet one of the company’s most prestigious clients today, but making sure Jimin wasn’t depressed seemed more important. He could meet the old stiff another day, all they were going to be discussing was business deals and Yoongi’s future role in the company. He could definitely go a day without sitting through that crap again. 

 

He dialed his dad’s number and wasn’t surprised when he got the voicemail, “Annyeong-haseyo appa, it’s Yoongi. I won’t be able to make it to the meeting with Kim-sunbaenim. I’ll be home later,” he left a quick message.


Jimin and Yoongi bowed respectfully to Jimin’s parents’ headstones before they sat down on the soft grass. Jimin placed the bouquet of fresh flowers on his mom’s grave. Yoongi followed suit and placed the bouquet he held on Jimin’s dad’s grave. “Hey mom and dad,” Jimin said with a small smile, “It’s your son, Jimin.” Yoongi silently watched Jimin, he was only there for moral support, he didn’t know if he should speak or not. 

 

“I know it’s been a little while since I came to visit, a full year really, but it’s hard for me. I miss you guys too much, I hope you can forgive me and understand,” Jimin told his parents. He looked over at Yoongi, “I don’t know what else to say hyung,” he said. Yoongi placed a hand on the younger’s shoulder, “Tell them how you’ve been doing, it’s been a whole year, I’m sure they’ve missed a lot,” he instructed.

 

Jimin nodded and turned back to his parents’ headstones, “Not too much has happened since I last came,” he told them, “I’m 20 now and I decided not to go to university. Don’t be disappointed, I’m working a couple of decent jobs so I’m not just sitting at home on my . I’ll figure out what I want to do career-wise later.” 

 

He looked over at Yoongi again who signaled for him to keep going. He swallowed and said, “I have a boyfriend now. His name is Min Yoongi and he’s 22. He’s actually the person sitting right next to me, I really like him and I think he really likes me too.” Yoongi sat stone-still, this was the first time Jimin had referred to him as his ‘boyfriend.’ He didn’t even know they had gotten to that point yet, they’d only been dating for a couple of months. 

 

Jimin softly nudged Yoongi’s knee, “Say hi Yoongi-hyung,” he told him. “Um, annyeong-haseyo, I’m Yoongi,” he quickly said, too shocked to say anything beyond that.

 

“He’s a little shy,” Jimin told his parents feeling a bit more comfortable, “Hyung’s parents want him to run their company, but hyung wants to be a photographer. He’s a really good one too you guys, his photos are breathtaking. He even asks me to be his model sometimes, he says I'm a natural. I think he could really make a career out of it." 

 

He smiled a bit wider and continued, "Eomma, appa, please give him lots of courage to pursue his real dreams. I can’t seem to get him to try, but maybe you two can use some heavenly charm to do what I can’t.” 

 

“Jimin please don’t,” Yoongi said shaking his head, “Talk to them about you, not me.” He didn’t want to hear the younger prattle on about this subject today. Jimin nodded, “OK hyung,” he obediently agreed before he turned back to his parents.


They stood outside Jimin’s apartment building, “Thanks again for coming with me,” Jimin told Yoongi as he tightened his coat around his body, the late night chill was getting to him. “You told them I was your boyfriend,” Yoongi slowly replied. Jimin smiled nervously, “Oh yea, is it too soon for that?” he queried biting his lip. Yoongi smiled and shook his head, “Nah it’s OK, I’m fine with being your boyfriend. I liked the way it sounded when you said it earlier,” he told him reassuringly. 

 

Jimin gave him a wide grin, satisfied with the elder’s answer, “Are you sure you don’t want to stay the night again?” he asked. “No I need to sort some things out with my parents,” Yoongi declined reluctantly. “I understand,” Jimin told him with a nod. “Good, I have to go Jiminnie,” Yoongi said taking a step back. Jimin pouted and nodded again, “My bed is going to be so lonely tonight,” he’d gotten used to sleeping with the elder, “and no either.” 

 

Yoongi laughed at his newly established boyfriend, “Babo,” he said playfully swatting his arm. Jimin laughed and said, “I’m serious hyung, it’s going to be a long night.” “Yah, shut up and kiss me so I can go,” Yoongi ordered through a smile. Jimin closed the distance between them and pressed his cold chapped lips to his boyfriend’s in a sweet goodbye kiss.


“Where in the hell have you been Yoongi?” was the first thing he heard upon entry to his house. “Hello Yoongi, how are you doing today son?” he asked mimicking his dad’s voice. “Yah don’t play games Yoongi, you were supposed to meet with me and Kim this afternoon,” Mr. Min yelled at his son. Yoongi shouldered off his coat and answered, “I couldn’t make it, I left you a voicemail.” “That two second message didn’t explain your reasoning for not showing up,” his father growled. 

 

“What’s the big deal?” Yoongi asked walking past his dad toward the kitchen, “I’ll meet with Kim-sunbaenim next time.” “The big deal is that we were supposed to be signing a 20 year contract with him. As the future CEO, it needed your signature too,” his dad angrily yelled as he followed behind his son. “I’ll sign it next time,” came Yoongi’s exasperated promise as he grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, he was in no mood to be yelled at tonight, “I’m going to bed.” “Not until you tell me where you’ve been all day,” his dad said stopping him from leaving.

 

“I’m a grown man, I don’t need to tell you anything,” an annoyed Yoongi said snatching away. “Yes, but a grown man should act like one and honor his commitments,” Mr. Min yelled at him, “Not cancel at the last minute, now you tell me where you’ve been.” Yoongi looked at his dad’s serious glare and sighed, “I went with Jimin to place flowers on his parents’ grave,” he answered; the sooner he told the truth the sooner he could leave. “Who is Jimin? That kid you’ve been hanging out with lately?” his dad questioned. 

 

Yoongi mentally rolled his eyes, “Yes dad, that kid.” 

 

“So you broke a very important meeting to visit some kid’s dead parents? What does that even have to do with you?” Mr. Min asked incredulously, “How do you expect to run a company if you can’t prioritize properly? The only thing you should be thinking about is how to effectively take over once I’m gone, not that boy and his dead parents. He’s not important to the cause.”

 

Listening to his dad go on about what should  be important to him was pissing Yoongi off, “He’s important to me appa, he isn’t just some kid. And I do have my priorities in order, visiting his parents’ was more important to me than your stupid meeting with Kim-sunbaenim,” he yelled at him.

 

His dad’s palm came down across his cheek in a slap, Yoongi took a step back and rubbed his stinging cheek. ‘I’m too old for this kind of crap,’ Yoongi angrily thought as he glared at his dad., ‘And here comes the stupid angry lecture.’ He knew his dad’s tantrums all too well: first yelling, then hitting, and then a lecture. 

 

“What in the hell has gotten into you?” Mr. Min roared at him, “You used to be such a good son, doing what you were told so you would be ready to inherit the company. Ever since that Jimin kid popped up you’ve been losing sight of your future goals.” “They’re not my future goals,” Yoongi mumbled. “What?” his dad asked taking a step closer. 

 

Yoongi glared at his dad, “Maybe Jimin is helping me see things in a different light. Maybe he’s helping me to understand what’s really important to me, what I want to do,” he said, though it was more to himself and not his confused dad. “What are you talking about Yoongi?  You’ve always wanted to inherit the company, ever since you were 10,” his dad said shaking his head. 

 

A brief look of revelation passed across Yoongi’s face. “Maybe I don’t want to do that anymore,” he told his dad, “Maybe I never did.” With that last statement, Yoongi turned and left his shocked dad alone in the kitchen. 

 

I DON'T WANT YOU GUYS TO THINK YOONGI'S DAD HITS HIM ALL THE TIME, ONLY WHEN HE FEELS LIKE YOONGI IS BEING VERY DISRESPECTFUL...IT'S STILL NOT GOOD, BUT I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU ANYWAY...ON A LIGHTER NOTE: YAY YOONGI HAS A BF! AND IT LOOKS LIKE HE'S STARTING TO SHOW A LITTLE PROGRESS!