To Go Or Not To Go?

Arranged Future

I'M BACK! I HOPE YOU DON'T THINK I ABANDONED YOU! I'VE BEEN WORKING A LOT AND MY BIRTHDAY WAS BACK ON THE 7TH SO I'VE BEEN TURNING UP! I'M 23 NOW IF YOU WERE WONDERING!

 

 

“I need to talk to you about something, Juntao-hyung,” Yoongi told his brother the second the apartment door between them swung open. Juntao’s brows rose in surprise, “Uh ok? Can I at least come in first?” he asked pointing to the inside of his little brother’s home. Yoongi nodded and stepped aside, gesturing for his brother to enter. “Wow, you two are really going for the whole…minimalist look…aren’t you?” Juntao asked in reference to their complete lack of furniture.  

 

Yoongi glared at his brother, “We don’t really have any room for all of that, now do we hyung?” he defended before adding, “Are you too rich and famous for the floor now?” Juntao laughed and held his hands up in surrender, “The floor is just fine, Yoongi-ah,” he replied as he sat down on the floor. Yoongi nodded and kneeled down on the floor in front of his brother, “Can I tell you my dilemma now?” he asked impatiently. 

 

“My listening ears are on,” the elder offered through a smile, “Oh, but wait, I forgot to tell you that appa came to see me.” Yoongi’s brows dropped in confusion, “What? I didn’t even know he knew where you lived. Why’d he drop by?” he asked crossing his arms, his problem pushed to the backburner for the moment.

 

“To congratulate me on a job well done,” the elder responded. The younger shook his head, “What was his ultimate endgame?” he asked suspiciously. Juntao nodded, “Yea, I thought he was just being a too, but he was very sincere. He said, and I quote, ‘It may not be the right path for you, but I’m proud that you are exceeding in it,’” he said in his best imitation of their father. Yoongi shook his head again, this time dumfounded, “Wah, daebak,” he commented, “That’s a huge step for him.” 

 

He wouldn’t admit it aloud, but he was slightly jealous. What he would give to be validated by his narrow-minded, control-freak  dad. “Yah, I see that envy painted on your face, Yoongi-ah,” Juntao laughed out pointing at his brother. Yoongi dropped his eyes, damn, was he that transparent? This was Jimin’s fault, he was making Yoongi’s poker face weak. “Don’t worry little brother,” Juntao soothed as he reached over to pat his brother’s knee, “I’m sure you’re next on dad’s list.” “What makes you say that?” Yoongi mumbled bitterly. 

 

Juntao shrugged, “He asked quite a bit about you,” he easily revealed. Yoongi was shocked again, “What?” he asked in disbelief, inching closer. Juntao nodded, “He tried to seem all nonchalant about it, but he asked about your job, and how often you work, and what type of shoots you do, if your photos were featured often in the magazine,” he told his brother, “I think he may actually be trying to get to know us.” “Wow,” Yoongi muttered again shaking his head. 

 

This was just too surreal. First he bonded with his mom, and now his dad was asking about him. Were they finally starting to come around? He couldn’t help but smile, ‘Didn’t think this would happen until the next ice age,’ he thought incredulously.

 

“Damn, I completely got us all off subject. Sorry,” Juntao laughed out, “What did you want to talk about?” Yoongi nodded, “Right,” he almost forgot about his problem. “OK, I was offered the chance of a lifetime today, hyung,” he began, “My boss wants to send me to America for the summer.” “That’s awesome,” Juntao cheered excitedly, “But why?” 

 

“The magazine is doing a spread on hip-hop culture in America. My boss is sending three photographers to three cities: Atlanta, New York City, and Los Angeles. He wants me to go to LA,” the younger explained. Juntao nodded, “OK cool, but why hip-hop? And why you? Aren’t you just a rookie photographer?”

 

Funny I asked the same question,’ he thought and answered, “Hip-hop is the top selling genre in music today and the culture originated in the US. We want our readers to learn more about the culture. And as for me going…apparently my boss is sending all the rookie photographers out for this assignment. It’s supposed to be our chance to prove that we belong with the magazine.” “Well that is amazing,” Juntao agreed as he stood up to venture into the kitchen, “What did Jimin say?”

 

“I didn’t tell him yet, that’s the problem,” the younger replied.

 

Juntao shoved the plastic straw into his newly acquired juice box, “Why is Jimin the problem?” he asked re-joining his brother on the floor. Yoongi shrugged, “I kind of want him to come with me, but I don’t know how he’ll react,” he answered running fingers through his hair. Juntao shook his head, “I don’t know man. I’ve been down to the gym a couple of times and Jimin is very popular there,” he pointed out. 

 

Yoongi stood up and began to pace, “I know his job is important, but it’s only going to be for a few months. He could, like, take a sabbatical,” he tried to reason. Juntao snorted, “Right, he’s going to put his dream job on hold to support yours,” he countered sarcastically.

 

Before Yoongi could reply, Jimin came bursting in. “Um, what’s going on here?” he asked the silent brothers. Juntao grinned as he stood up, “I was actually just on my way out,” he said backing up towards the door. “Oh hyung, you don’t want to stay for dinner? This is your first time over here, we can at least feed you,” Yoongi offered, a little too desperately in his own opinion. He needed moral support for when he told Jimin. 

 

Juntao saw right through his brother's hospitable façade, “No I’m good, Yoongi,” he denied through a grin, “But you can walk me to the door.” Yoongi walked the few steps to meet his brother at the door, “Why won’t you stay?” he whispered to the elder. Juntao chuckled as he deposited one foot over the threshold, “Because I already know the outcome. Just know that I’ll be glad to go with you,” he offered. “Why?” Yoongi asked in confusion. Juntao shrugged, “Hey I wouldn’t mind spending the summer in LA, maybe find some new inspiration,” he answered before patting his brother on the shoulder. “Good luck.” He said before turning to leave.

 

“Well that was the longest goodbye in history,” Jimin commented with a cross of his arms, “What were the Min brothers whispering about?” Yoongi sighed and shut the door, “I have something I want to talk with you about Jiminnie,” he said turning to face his brother. “What?” Jimin inquired curiously as he climbed up onto the counter. He watched as his boyfriend sat down on the floor in the center of the small living room, “How would you feel about a trip to America?” the elder asked slowly. 

 

Jimin shrugged, “Um kinda expensive, but I think we could afford it,” he answered, “We deserve it. How long were you thinking about staying?” Yoongi nervously rubbed the back of his neck, “About three and a half months,” he answered. 

 

Jimin’s brows knitted in confusion, “What are you talking about Min Yoongi?” he asked. “Remember that big hip-hop spread I was telling you about a few weeks ago?” the elder questioned. Jimin nodded, “Yes. What does that have to do with anything?” he asked. “Well my boss is sending three journalists and three photographers to LA, Atlanta, and New York. I’m the one being sent out to LA,” Yoongi revealed to the younger. “But aren’t you just a rookie photographer?” Jimin asked shaking his head, “Why do they want to send you?”

 

“It’s a project specifically for the rookies Jiminnie. I’m being paired up with a rookie journalist for the summer to work on the spread,” Yoongi explained. Jimin slid off the counter and met his boyfriend in the center of the floor, “Wah that’s amazing hyung,” he said hugging him tightly, “This is such a gigantic opportunity for you.” Yoongi grinned and patted the younger’s back, “Thanks, I know,” he wheezed out, “But I can’t breathe.” The younger's bulging biceps were squeezing the life out of him.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry hyung,” Jimin quickly apologized as he pulled away, “I’m just so proud and happy for you. It’s spectacular that the magazine is giving you such a huge project.” Yoongi nodded as he regained control of his breathing, “Yea, I’m one of their best new employees, so I’m not that surprised,” he bragged. “Hey hyung, where are you going to live?” the younger asked as an afterthought. 

 

“I’ll be sharing an apartment with the journalist. The magazine staff found it for us, but we’ll still have to pay rent,” the elder replied. Jimin nodded, “So it’s just going to be you and the journalist?” he asked. Yoongi nodded back, “Me, the journalist, his wife, and…hopefully you,” he eased out.

 

Jimin chuckled, “I can’t go,” he flat-out denied with a shake of his head. “Why not?” Yoongi asked, “It’s OK with my boss if you do. He told me I can invite along someone because the journalist is bringing his wife. It’s no problem, really,” he tried to assure. “But it is a problem, Yoongi,” Jimin countered, “I still can’t go.” Yoongi scooted closer to his boyfriend, “Why not?” he asked again.

 

“Did you forget I have I a job?” Jimin asked in an obvious tone, he reached over to knock on his boyfriend’s forehead for added emphasis, “I can’t just pick up and leave the country.” “It’s called a sabbatical, Jimin,” Yoongi countered smacking the younger’s hand away. “Yoongi, no. I’m not going to do that,” Jimin refused with a firm shake of his head. 

 

Yoongi sighed in exasperation, “I don’t understand you sometimes Jimin,” he said hopping to his feet, “You push me to pursue my dreams and when I want to share one of the biggest opportunities of my career with you, you refuse.” Jimin watched the elder pace around him and angrily answered, “But my career is important, too hyung. You know I’m going to support your dreams 100%, but I’m not going to postpone mines because you want me to fly off to America with you. Don't be so selfish.” 

 

“But I’m gonna be gone for the entire summer, Jimin,” Yoongi stressed as he dropped back down onto his knees before the younger, “That’s three and a half months.” Jimin nodded and glared at the elder, “I know how long the summer is, hyung. I don’t understand why you’re fighting me so hard about this. It's not like I’m not telling you I don’t want you to go; I’m just telling you I can’t go with you,” he stated. He reached up and pushed the elder’s fluffy bangs out of his face.

 

Yoongi sighed and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend’s shoulders from behind, “I guess I’m just worried about what will happen to us,” he admitted resting his chin on the younger’s shoulders. Jimin chuckled and placed his palms on Yoongi’s knees, “You don’t need to be worried Yoongi-hyung. You love me and I love you, that’s not going to change. When you come home, I’ll still be here, and so will the apartment, and your car, and everything else you may leave,” he promised. 

 

He felt Yoongi nod against his shoulder, “Fine, Park Jimin, you can stay. I’ll just go with Juntao,” he responded. Jimin’s brows furrowed, “It’s amazing how quickly you replaced travel partners,” he said in faux-disappointment. Yoongi shrugged, “Hey he volunteered to go,” he replied as he hugged his boyfriend tighter. 

 

Jimin laughed, “I think I’d feel better if he went with you. Make sure you don’t hook up with any of the Americans, they have no boundaries,” he said looking back at the elder as best he could. “Yah, you don’t trust me Park Jimin?” Yoongi asked incredulously as he pinched the younger’s neck. Jimin hissed in pain, “Of course I do,” he quickly answered back, “I was just joking.”

 

He broke free of his boyfriend’s hold, shoved him onto his back, and then climbed on top of him. Yoongi laughed and propped himself up on his elbows, “I guess you’re forgiven,” he said. “Thank you,” Jimin said through a grin as he leaned forward to kiss the elder. “Just promise me you’ll come visit at least once,” Yoongi requested running a finger over the younger’s luscious full bottom lip, “and for at least a week.” “I guess I can do that,” Jimin conceded before playfully biting the elder’s finger.

 

NEXT CHAPTER IS THE FINAL CHAPTER! DON'T BE SAD, OK? WE ALL KNOW IT HAD TO END SOME TIME!