Coffee Shop

Arranged Future

JIMIN AND YOONGI HAVE COFFEE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

 

Yoongi had been spending most (if not all) of his free time with Jimin lately. It was amazing how quickly they connected over these past few weeks, it made Yoongi wonder why he barely spoke to Jimin when they were in high school together. Did he think Jimin wasn’t worth his time back then? The kid was seriously one of the most interesting and entertaining people he’d ever known…not to mention extremely attractive. It’d been a while since he was able to just hang out without discussing the future of his parents’ company, his future. 

 

Right now Jimin’s never ending  spontaneity had them sitting in 24 hour coffee shop at 3 AM. Who the hell drinks coffee at 3AM? Jimin apparently. “How’d you even find this place?” Yoongi asked him as they sat down at a small round table hidden in the back. Jimin smiled and shrugged, “I was walking home from work and decided to walk the opposite way to see what I could find,” he explained. “You wander around a lot,” Yoongi pointed out as he accepted his hot coffee from the waitress. Jimin shrugged again, “I get bored easily,” was his simple reasoning.

 

“You don’t seem to wander when you’re with me,” the elder slickly commented. Jimin rested his chin in his palm and smoothly replied, “Your handsome face keeps my attention.” Yoongi was a bit shocked by the compliment, it was the first time Jimin had called him handsome. He couldn’t let Jimin know he was taken aback so he said, “My face tends to have the effect on people,” in a smug tone. Jimin sat back laughed, “You’re a bit conceited aren’t you?” he asked through an adorable eye-smile. After Yoongi swallowed down some of his black coffee he quickly retorted, “So are you. I don’t think you can go one day without talking about your abs.”

 

This is how conversations usually went with them: playful banter, followed by a slick compliment, followed by more playful banter. Their conversations always kept rolling, no awkward pauses or empty spaces. 

 

“What can I say,” the younger said with his own smug tone, “they’re my best asset.” Yoongi shook his head, “No your eyes and smile are your best assets,” he stated. Jimin gulped some of his hot coffee, it burned his throat just a bit. He cleared his throat and changed the subject, “What kind of coffee are you drinking?” he slowly asked. OK so maybe there was the occasional awkward pause. Yoongi swirled the coffee in his cup, “Black,” he plainly stated.

 

Jimin cutely scrunched up his face, “Black coffee tastes like gym sock sweat,” he said in mild disgust. Yoongi grinned at him, “And how exactly do you know what sweaty gym socks taste like?” he taunted. Jimin stuck his tongue out, “That was such a fourth grade comeback,” he retorted with a laugh. Yoongi's face lit up at that, “Speaking of school, you just reminded me of something I wanted to ask you,” he said and at Jimin’s nod he continued, “Why is it that we never hung out in high school? I know we had a couple of mutual friends, but you and I never really spoke to each other outside of them.” 

 

The look on the younger’s face suggested that something happened that he wasn’t aware of, “Was I giant to you or something?” he queried. Jimin shook his head and quickly answered, “I guess we just didn’t realize how well we clicked back then.” Yoongi wasn’t thoroughly satisfied with the answer because Jimin’s expressive face still said otherwise, but he dropped the subject anyway. 

 

Hopefully the younger would tell him when he felt more comfortable. A crackle of thunder and a flash of lightening caught both their attention, “Did you bring an umbrella?” Yoongi asked his friend. Jimin quickly shook his head. “Then you’d better grab a to-go cup for the caramel macchiato,” the elder instructed, his black coffee already gone.  


“I had no idea you could run that fast,” a soaked Jimin laughed out as he unlocked his apartment door. They’d managed to make it halfway to their destination before the downpour came, they had to run the rest of the way. Yoongi glared at the younger, “What other choice did I have? I hate getting caught in the rain,” he justified slightly out of breath. Jimin laughed a little harder, “Well at least you got to finish your coffee, mines is ruined,” he pouted as he poured the remnants of his delicious caramel macchiato into the sink. 

 

Yoongi sighed and plopped down on the floor beside his friend’s mat, “May I please borrow a dry t-shirt?” he politely requested. Jimin pulled off his own t-shirt and tossed it into his hamper before going to his dresser. Yoongi watched the topless boy rifle through his drawer,  the kid had a thing for throwing off his shirt the second he got home; Yoongi was both thankful for it and curious about it. Jimin handed Yoongi a simple black t-shirt and sat down beside him. “Hyung I want to tell you the real reason why we didn’t hang out back in high school, but I’m afraid of how you’ll react,” he suddenly said. 

 

Yoongi’s cold fingers found the back of the younger’s neck, “Just tell me,” he softly demanded, his fingertips smoothing down his dark hair. Jimin's nervous eyes searched the elder's serious ones, finding a bit of courage hidden in them. He let out a deep breath, “OK,” he agreed, “the reason we didn’t hang out was because I did my best to avoid you.” Yoongi’s brows furrowed and he looked at the younger in confusion, “Why?” he asked, his thumb rubbing against a small protruding vein in Jimin’s neck. 

 

Jimin’s eyes dropped and his cheeks tinted red, “Because I had a crush on you,” he revealed. Yoongi stared at the younger in awe, he wasn’t expecting a confession. It shocked him, but it also relieved him; maybe his feelings weren’t completely one-sided, ‘ it, only one way to find out,’ he thought. He pulled Jimin in by his neck and pressed his lips against the unsuspecting younger’s lush pink ones in a heated kiss. It had to have been the most electrically stimulating kiss he’d ever had. “Good, because I have a crush on you now,” he admitted, his baritone a bit gruff. Jimin grinned and gave a sigh of relief, “Good,” he mimicked, “because I have a crush on you still.”

 

That was the last exchange of coherent words for the night. Yoongi pressed his lips to the younger’s again and pushed him onto his back, he’d been suppressing his urges long enough.

 

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE A FOLLOW-UP OF THIS ONE!