Model

Arranged Future

Yoongi growled in pure annoyance from his new found spot on the ground. “Hey watch it,” he yelled out as he examined his camera for any damages. Luckily his reflexes kicked in when he was knocked to the ground, or his new VERY expensive camera would’ve been smashed. “Yoongi-hyung?” he heard a familiar high-pitched and slightly out if breath voice say.

 

He looked up to see none other than, “Jimin?” The younger extended his hand out saying, “We keep bumping into each other,” as he pulled Yoongi to his feet. “Literally,” the elder added as he dusted off his bottom and then adjusted his beanie, “You should watch where you’re going, I’m tired of being mowed down by you.” Jimin nervously laughed, “Ah I’m sorry hyung, but I kind of zone out when I run. I didn’t see you. Can I make it up to you somehow?” he asked his dark eyes filled with sincerity.

 

Yoongi took a few seconds to appreciate how good the younger looked after a workout: his dark bangs was plastered to his forehead while the rest of it hid beneath a backwards snapback, his tanned skin was slick with sweat, and he could see every outline of the younger’s six pack through his soaked t-shirt. The sight of him all sweaty and panting was enough to give him pleasant dreams, but since Jimin was offering he made a request. “I could use a subject to test out my new camera,” he said holding it up for the younger to see.

 

Jimin was slightly taken aback by that, “Um are you sure?” he asked wiping some sweat from his brow, “Wouldn’t you rather have a pretty model? Or at least someone who is less…sweaty?” Yoongi shook his head, “Nah it’s OK, I just want to try it out. Anyone would do really,” he answered nonchalantly. Jimin felt his heart drop a bit at that, but he smiled and nodded anyway. He wanted to compensate for knocking the elder down. “Cool let’s go down to the river,” the Yoongi suggested pointing a little ways ahead.


 

Yoongi snapped a few shots of river’s horizon with a content smile, he loved taking pictures here. “Daebak,” Jimin said excitedly by his side, “The water looks so pretty.” He was like child, everything seemed to stimulate him. Yoongi hung his camera around his neck and sat down on the bank pulling Jimin down with him, “Take off your shoes and socks,” he instructed.

 

Jimin threw a bewildered stare at his friend, “We’re not actually going in are we?” he asked with a bit of unease, “The water looks really cold.” Yoongi could understand the younger’s concern, September was coming and the weather was beginning to cool down.

 

“Just for a little while, I need to test the zoom and focus. I’m sure you’ll be OK,” he said as he cuffed his jeans to the knee. Though he was still slightly against it, Jimin nodded and pulled off his socks and shoes. He briefly marveled at how perfect the grass and damp sand felt between his chubby toes until he heard the photographer speak up.

 

“Go stand by the shore,” Yoongi told him as he grabbed his camera and stood up. Jimin let his feet sink into the dark sand and smiled when the cool water at his feet, his worries had quickly faded away. Yoongi quickly snapped a candid picture of the smiling boy, a smile of his own tugging at his lips. “Yoongi-hyung I wasn’t ready,” Jimin protested waving his arms, the light breeze made his sweaty shirt cling to his taut body even more. Yoongi grinned and shrugged, “I was,” he said and took a few more pictures.

 

This kid is seriously photogenic,’ he thought and captured a profile shot of Jimin’s pout, ‘and adorable.’ “OK do you see that rock over there?” he asked the younger, he shielded his eyes and pointed in the distance. Jimin looked ahead into the river and caught sight of the rock a few feet away and nodded, “Do you want me to stand on it?” he asked pointing at it as well. Yoongi nodded and slipped off the book bag he forgot he was wearing.

 

He watched Jimin hike his baggy shorts up over his toned thighs and slowly wade to the rock the short distance away. He took a few pictures of Jimin from his spot on the river bank, taking care to zoom all the way in on his subject’s gorgeous face. The high resolution camera captured every beautiful flaw on Jimin’s face; every line, wrinkle, and blemish. Yoongi smiled as he examined his pictures loving how the younger’s skin glowed in the setting sun making him look almost angelic.

 

He stepped into the gently rolling water and walked closer to the boy, snapping shots along the way. He’d never been so exciting about photographing someone before, but to Yoongi, Jimin was made for the camera. The kid didn’t have one unflattering angle, even in the candid pictures taken earlier. It was like he didn’t even have to try, the camera did all the work…or maybe Yoongi was just biased toward Jimin. Whatever the case was, this was turning out to be the best impromptu photo shoot ever.

 

He stopped at the halfway mark between the shore and rock and watched Jimin turn and glance at him. “What should I do?” he called to him with uncertainty, he’d never done this type of thing before. Yoongi wasn’t one for giving direction when shooting though, “Do whatever you want,” he called back.

 

Jimin shrugged and sat down on the rock shoving his feet into the water. He looked off into the distance and Yoongi watched as the sun caught his profile, illuminating his silhouette. ‘This kid is a natural,’ he thought raising his camera.


 

“Ah thanks for the food,” Jimin told Yoongi as he opened his apartment door. Yoongi followed behind him, “It’s OK. I had you out there on that rock a long time, it’s the least I could do,” he said with a shrug. “Well thanks to you, I now have breakfast for tomorrow,” Jimin said through a grateful eye-smile as he shoved his leftovers into his old fridge.

 

“And thanks to you I got to fully test out my new camera, I think it’s an even trade,” the elder said tossing his book bag onto the floor beside his shoes. It amazed him at how quickly he got comfortable in Jimin’s tiny apartment, especially since this was only his second visit. “Can I see the pictures?” Jimin asked before he pulled his t-shirt over his head tossing it into the hamper in the corner.

 

Yoongi averted his eyes from the younger’s exposed flesh and busied himself with retrieving his camera, “Uh…sure.” Jimin sat down on his mat and carefully accepted  the camera. “Whoa is this really me?” he asked as he flipped through the pictures. Yoongi nodded and sat down beside Jimin, a little closer than he probably should have.

 

Jimin looked at the pictures in awe, “You took so many,” he commented. Yoongi shrugged, “I couldn’t stop myself,” he admitted. “Hyung these are amazing, I’ve never seen such crazy angles,” the younger complimented, never tearing his eyes away from the small viewing screen.

 

Yoongi smiled, “Glad you approve,” he said. Jimin nodded, “You ever thought about a career in photography?” he asked flipping to the next picture. “All the time,” the elder mumbled bitterly. Jimin finally tore his gaze away and looked at his friend, “Is something stopping you from pursuing it?” he questioned. “Yea two gigantic obstacles: mom and dad,” Yoongi snorted.

 

Jimin shook his head, “I’m not sure I understand,” he said as he handed the camera back over. “To them, my passion is just a hobby. It’s not pertinent to my future. Learning to run the family company is my main priority,” Yoongi told him as he gently placed his camera in its protective bag. “Do you want to take over the family business,” Jimin asked curiously. Yoongi shrugged, “Someone needs to do it,” he simply answered.

 

“But does that someone need to be you?” the younger queried. Yoongi looked at his friend, his eyes completely void, “Yes,” he said. “Why?” Jimin pried, “Why can’t someone else take over?” Yoongi stood up, becoming frustrated with the interrogation, “Because it’s what my parents have planned for me, taking over the company will ensure my success in life,” he said pacing. “What about what you had planned?” Jimin asked, his curious dark eyes following Yoongi’s stride.

 

“What I had planned doesn’t matter, it never has,” he answered dropping back down on the mattress, his spirit gone. Jimin placed a reassuring hand on Yoongi’s shoulder and said, “It matters to me. And it should matter to them.”

 

NEXT CHAPTER WILL EXPLORE YOONMIN'S BUDDING RELATIONSHIP