달콤한 선물 Sweet Gifts

Can You Love?

Krystal

I was laying in bed, Kai was in the room sleeping next to me on the bed. 'Are you kidding me?' I thought, 'does he really have to sleep here with me?' I carefully get off the bed I was laying on and I went to the livingroom to call my mother. "Omma, since when did I share a room with Jongin?" I asked. "Soo Jung-ah," my mother replies, "I want you to have grandkids quickly, that's why." "Omma? Are you joking?!" I exclaimed. My mother then clicked on the red button on her phone, "Annyeonghaseyo? Annyeonghaseyo?" I asked. Aish...now I'm stuck with that idiot, why mother why?! Since there was nothing for me to do, I decided to go work at my parents' ramen shop for a while. 

After walking for like....twenty minutes, I entered the shop and it was busy as heck! "Soo Jung, come help us with the ramen," my father replies, "your mother got interrupted since you called earlier." I ran to the kitchen and tied my apron on, I tied up my hair and started cooking ramen. "Jessica, can you cut the leeks for me?" I asked. "No way," Jessica replies, "I have better things to do." "Jessica Jung, you're the oldest," my mother replies, "you know better than that." 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Kai

When I woke up from my long sleep, I realized that Krystal wasn't sleeping there anymore. "Krystal?" I asked myself, removing the blanket. I got off the bed, I went to the kitchen if she cooked anything when I was sleeping. "Where did Miss Jung go?" I asked. "Are you referring to Soo Jung?" the maid asks. "Of course!" I growled, "Who else?" "She had to go help her family." the maid explains. "Get the car ready and I'm going there." I said. "Arasseo," the butler replies, "I will get the car ready." I started getting dressed in something comfortable and I combed my messy hair before I went. 

The butler drove me to the ramen shop, I went inside the shop and there were floods of people here today. 'It's Saturday today,' I thought, 'no wonder why it's so busy today.' I took a seat at a table, I just wanted Krystal to serve me for today. "Can I take your order today?" someone asks. I looked up, Krystal was standing there with her hair tied up into a ponytail and she was wearing an apron. "I'll just take water and fried chicken." I said. Krystal nods at me, she walks back into the kitchen while I just sit at my table. I dug into my pocket, my phone was in there, I wanted to buy something online for Krystal, just to be nice.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal

While I was cooking the fried chicken, I looked at my phone, since the wedding was getting closer, I wanted to buy something as well. I don't know what Kai likes, but I guess I think about it when work is done. After my shift was done, Kai offered me a ride back to the house that we shared together. "It's fine, I want to walk back." I replied. "Are you sure?" Kai asks, "it's going to rain later today." "It's fine, it won't rain until 1:30." I explained. It was 1:10, I thought I would have enough time to walk back home on time. Kai drives out of the parking lot, I took the sidewalk and it started sprinkling. I kept on walking, but ten minutes later, I was getting cold, I waited on the sidewalk, but someone came with an umbrella while I was dripping wet. 

"Kai?" I asked. He uses a towel to dry my hair off, "Look, I told you it was going to rain," he replies, "I was worried about you when you were walking by yourself." I get close to Kai when we walk together in the pouring rain together, once we reached the house, I enter the house and I started turning red a little. "Do you have a cold?" Kai asks, placing his jacket on the rack. I shook my head, I walked back upstairs without saying a word. After one or two hours, I decided to go to the mall to buy a gift for Kai. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Kai

I decided to go to the mall, Krystal was going shopping as well. I wanted to buy her a bracelet. I drove the car all the way to the mall,I didn't see a car that was from the mansion, I guess she isn't here today.I went inside a store, I bought myself a plain black T-shirt until I saw a bracelet that was on sale. "Would she like it?" I whispered. I walked towards the table, the bracelet was reduced to 70,000 won. 'I'll buy it for her.' I thought. 

After I bought the bracelet, a key went with the bracelet. I bumped into Krystal while I was walking. "Kai..." she replied, surprisingly. "Want to go to the park later?" I asked, "I want to give you something." "Yeah, sure," Krystal replies, "I also want to give you something as well." Later in the afternoon, when the rain stopped, Krystal and I went to the park together.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal

At the park, I took a seat on the bench, Kai took a seat next to me. "Here, this shirt is for you." I replied, giving him a bag. I gave him a t-shirt, it was a matching tee. "Oh, here's your gift," Kai replies, "umm...I didn't know what you like, but hope you like it." Kai gives me a bracelet with a small key, "This is beautiful," I replied, "I never thought anyone could buy this for me." "Nobody gave you anything like that?" Kai asked. I nodded at him, "Ever since I was little, my mother gave me handmade bracelets," I explained, "she made handmade bracelets for Jessica and I a lot." "No wonder why I saw those bracelets on your wrist." Kai replied in surprise. For most of the afternoon, I spent my day with Kai, we were mostly at the park, but he got hungry later.

"Krystal, I don't usually say this," Kai replies, "but do you want to go on a date?" "Well, okay, I'll go with you!" I said happily. At a cafe that was close by, we sat outside together, I had a feeling that I was ready to confess my feelings to him. But, the time wasn't right for me, "Do you want ice cream?" Kai asks. "Okay, sure," I replied, "I've been through a lot today." 

I got vanilla ice cream with some strawberries with caramel syrup. Kai had chocolate ice cream with chocolate pocky. "Is it good?" I asked. "Yeah, want my last pocky?" Kai asked, taking out the pocky out of the ice cream. "You can have it." I said. "It's for love." Kai said. He breaks the pocky in half, and gave me the other half. "Sorry, about my attitude when I was little." Kai replies, taking a bite of the pocky. "It's okay, the past is the past." I said, taking a bite of the pocky. After eating ice cream, Kai called a taxi to take us home.

________________________________________________________________________________

Kai

The taxi never came by the street of the coffee shop, I took Krystal top a bus stop and I waited there with her. I felt a rain drop while I was walking with Krystal to the bus stop. "Here, take my jacket." I said, handing Krystal my jacket. "It's just a little sprinkle," Krystal replies, "I don't get sick that easily." Instead, I placed the jacket around her since Krystal was wearing a light sweater. When the city bus arrived, I held Krystal's hand and I went in the bus with her. I paid for the bus ride since it was a thirty minute drive from here to the neighbourhoods.

During the bus ride, Krystal fell asleep on my shoulder. I didn't really mind if she was sleeping on my shoulder. At the bus stop, Krystal woke up and we both boarded off the bus. "The mansion is five minutes away from the bus stop," Krystal replies, "it's just a little sprinkle, we won't get sick that easily." During the walk back home, the rain started getting worse, I quickly grabbed Krystal's hand and we ran back home. We entered the mansion, dripping wet from the rain, "We made it." Krystal replied. I suddenly felt like I was getting warm, "Are you feeling alright?" Krystal asked. Krystal feels my forehead and grabs a blanket from a storage closet. "You have to rest," she replies, "I'm going to cook something that can treat your cold." 

I fell asleep for a little while, Krystal woke me up. "Here, I made this for you." Krystal said. I looked at the bowl, Krystal made some soup. "You need to eat so you can have the energy." Krystal replies, blowing a spoonful of the broth. "Did you add rice and meat?" I asked. "Yah, no messing around," she replies, "eat so you can have energy." Krystal feeds me the soup, "It's a little hot." I replied. "Good thing I had water with me." Krystal said. After Krystal fed me the soup, she gave me my medications for a fever. I felt better within an hour, Krystal was out at the patio. 

I touched the porch door, I hesitated to open the door. "Should I open the door?" I asked myself quietly, "I have to tell Krystal something." I clenched my hands into fists, I opened the porch door and came towards Krystal. "I want to to tell you something." I said. Krystal turns around, she was having some herbal tea while she was looking at the cloudy sky. "Yes?" Krystal asked, sipping her tea. "I like..." I replied.