JF09

Just Friends?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Instead she would have to fight fire with fire, and make sure that whatever he had planned—he wasn’t going to succeed.

She needed to protect her heart, restore their friendship to its previous state... and move on.

 

"This is delicious!"

"I bloody well hope so," Bomi muttered under her breath while Luhan shoveled food into his mouth.

While she was glad the food turned out well, her crabbiness stemmed from the fact that she’d gotten up extra early that morning because he wanted her to make him a lunch box 'like they did in manga/manhwa'. It would have served him right if she made something inedible so that he wouldn’t dare make the request again—but her pride got the better of her.

"I think you’re ready to become a wife," he grinned.

She tried not to be touched by his statement.

All week (and it was day 4 now) Luhan kept saying adorable things that made her just want her to dissolve into a pile of good. But she was keeping her resolve strong.

"I’m glad you think so—unfortunately," she said icily, "I’m too busy babysitting you to make a match."

He grinned but was too busy chewing.

Still, Bomi let her gaze just linger at him enjoying his food. He had his jumper rolled up his forearms just below his elbows... she found the sight so y...  Ugh, you need to get a hold of yourself.

"Next request" he suddenly announced.

"What is it?" she groaned, "Making me carry your books to all your classes like on day 1? Making me wait for you to finish practice and buying you dinner like day 2? How about the massage I gave you because your shoulders were stiff last night?"

That massage had nearly undone her-- touching him so intimately-- it took every shred of willpower not to jump him there and then.

"No, today I know that you have practice with Suho at the university—but you’re not to go home until I come and pick you up."

"What for?" Bomi asked.

"To walk you home, stupid," he tapped her lightly on the head.

It was direct hit to the heart.

"I think that Suho can walk me home."

"Suho will be too busy walking Chorong home," Luhan said, "Anyway don’t leave without me—or else remember our deal, we have to extend this deal one more day!" he looked at his watch, "Uh oh, gotta go—thanks for the delicious meal!"

Like usual, long after he'd left Bomi was left there wondering what had just happened.

 

<><><>

 

The harmonies were working really well tonight.

Bomi loved working with Suho because he had a distinct vision with his song. It was just the same way she loved learning difficult choreography more than freestyling—working within the boundaries, where mistakes were more noticeable and success a lot more obvious—she relished the challenge.

So much so that she didn’t realise that Luhan had been standing at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter