JF04

Just Friends?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can handle it myself," he said, ending his declaration with a trademark smile.

For the life of her, Bomi couldn't figure out why it seemed like he was declaring war on her.

 

"Well..." Kai cleared his throat, "It's safe to say that we should move on to Plan B."

Bomi's reply was a sniff. Not because she was crying, but because she was sick. Stupid plan A, why did anyone even go for plan A.

She was feeling miserable for herself, because even with the care Luhan had given her three days ago, it hadn't stopped her getting sick. As it was, meeting the two boys in the family restaurant wasn't her idea of fun, she just wanted to curl up in her bed and sleep. Preferably for three days straight.

"Noona, you'll like this one. Nice and simple like you said..." Sehun promised. He performed a very impressive imprompt drum roll, which also impressed Kai until it went for longer than required and he halted his friend's hands, "Beach trip!"

"Beach trip?" Bomi repeated.

"Beach trip!" the two guys confirmed with excitement.

Bomi joined in on their excitement, "You know what, this is great! It will be a way for me and Chorong to catch up with Namjoo and Hayoung. I haven't seen much of them since we started university."

"Wait, you're inviting girls?" Kai asked, looking worried.

"They're not going to bite you," Bomi assured him, only belatedly remembering that he had trouble with women who weren't her or Chorong, "Even Hayoung! I'll tell her to be on her best behaviour.'

"As if she has one," Sehun snorted, and Bomi was surprised. She didn't know that Hayoung and Sehun even spoke, let alone that there would be any history between them that would cause him to say something cynically.

Now wasn't the time to be questioning him about it though, her bed was calling her.

"Anyway, I'll send the invites," Bomi decided before reaching for another tissue, "When I get better of course."

She imagined the beach, the hot guys there and thought that maybe if things went according to plan she could get some down time to meet someone for herself.

This could work!

 

<><><>

 

"BEEEEEEACCCHHHHHH!!!" the boys yelled and ran for the water.

Bomi grinned at Chorong, Namjoo and Hayoung.

"BOYS!!" they all shook their heads in unison before bursting out laughing. 

They then turned to debate on where to set up the beach umbrella, which was just fine because they had to wait until at least two of the guys came back to shore before they could get it installed anyway. When they were ready to summon some of the guys, none of them were surprised to find that girls all over the beach had already noticed the guys and moved closer like bees to honey.

The EXO boys knew how to make a woman (or women) feel special though, and they barely even glanced at other girls' directions as they made it back to the group.

""Chorong-ah, what do you want to do?" Bomi asked, laying her towel down next to her best friend, "A swim?"

"Sorry Bomi, I really should read for my assignment," she lifted up her book, "I'll just stay here for awhile."

Bomi smiled, "That's okay. Sehun, Kai-ah, let's go play beach volleyball-- come on Namjoo... where's Hayoung?"

"She's over there," Sehun glared at the general direction of where Hayoung was now talking to some guys and girls.

Bomi grinned, Hayoung really was a social butterfly who made friends anywhere. Not for the first time, she envied her.

"Really you'd think that she could at least remember who she came here with..." Sehun muttered.

"Sehun, don't be a stodgy old man. Let her have her fun, come on let's play!!"

Bomi remembered just how suspicious Luhan was, but didn’t want to take the risk that he wouldn’t have some down time with Chorong, but on the other hand she knew that Luhan was the most uncoordinated of all the EXO boys and the one least likely to play volleyball, "Luhan, will you play?"

She didn’t know if she was disappointed or happy when he shook his head, "I’ll just sit in the shade for awhile," he said, "I feel a song coming up."

Bomi smiled at that. She loved watching him compose, it was truly an amazing thing. The concentration on his face, the way he seemed to be so enthralled in what he was doing that he couldn’t even be bothered to push his fringe off of his face and it kept falling over his eyes... not to mention the way he bit his lip when he was thinking...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter