JF10

Just Friends?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"But seriously, you want to know how to get him to tell you his real feelings—I have a plan."

Bomi didn’t like their plans, they never worked out... and yet this time, stupidly, or maybe in desperation, she had to trust them.

 

<><><>

Bomi was nervous. She’d never been this nervous in her life, but she reminded herself that every time she felt this way in high school she lived to tell the tale.

Still, standing backstage and waiting for the moment when she and Suho would go on stage was quite daunting-- Especially since Bomi had very casually dropped a bombshell on her just a few minutes earlier.

 

10 minutes earlier...

"I think we’ve got this," the Seoul boy grinned happily as the last notes of the song, the bitter sweet harmony, faded in the air, "I knew you were the right person for the song because I wrote it for you—but even I didn’t think it would end this well."

He turned to tune his guitar one last time while Bomi stared at him blankly.

"What do you mean you wrote the song for me? It’s about a guy who’s always been watching over a girl and taking care of her, without her noticing... that’s not me," she laughed, deciding he was joking.

Suho looked up, "Oh, it's definitely you."

There was an awkward pause.

"This isn’t you confessing to me is it..." Bomi took a hesitant step backwards.

He grinned, "Hey!! You don’t need to look like I’m about to jump you! Besides... I wasn’t talking about me."

Her brain must not have been functioning properly, she decided, before a light bulb clicked, "You mean the way that Kai and Sehun have been looking after me all this time?"

Suho sighed, "It really is no fun if I have to spell it out for you."

"Please do," she very nearly begged. Her head hurt from all the cryptic messages.

"Luhan."

Bomi laughed but fell silent when she saw that Suho was looking more serious than she'd ever seen him.

"Think about it Bomi," he said softly, "From the start of high school-- you’ve always been someone special to him."

"I--," she was going to laugh it off, but at the last moment decided to be honest to him, "I can’t let myself hope that what you’re saying is true... it would break my heart if it wasn’t. So I’m sorry if I can’t just accept that right now."

He was about to say something else but there was a knock on the door telling them there were ten minutes...

 

Back to the present...

So her she stood, still processing everything with each word of the song suddenly meaning so much more to her.

"Bomi-noona," Sehun grinned slyly, "Invite hyung to your performance. Make him jealous with Suho—make him wish that he’s the one standing there with you. Make it so that at the end of the song he'll have no choice but to rush up on stage and tell you what he feels. Of course we’ll tell Chorong-ah before hand..."

That plan went right out the window though when Bomi’s eyes naturally found Luhan’s in the crowd. And because she wanted so much to see whether it was true, she practically forgot Suho right next to her.

Each word went straight to Luhan, searching his eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter