JF05

Just Friends?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P/S: Down the bottom is Kai's photo shoot. Whenever Luhan and Bomi are reliving something in the past, it's in italics. I hope it's not too confusing!

 

Luhan felt like he’d just opened his eyes for the first time.

But he didn’t know what it meant.

 

"Thank you for coming to see us today, you were great! We'll see you again soon!" Luhan grinned out at the crowd.

He always felt so much more alive during their gigs. He wiped the sweat off his forehead with his wristband and headed backstage with the rest of his band members.

The end of summer music festivals meant that each weekend they were travelling somewhere, and school was taking a back seat.

Luhan didn't mind though.

He realised that he wasn't quite ready to accept or even discuss the thoughts that started to enter his head during the beach trip. He didn't want to have to bump into Bomi and try and talk it out.

Good God, he hated talking.

"Hyung, you look like you're deep in thought," Sehun commented, from across the table in their compartment on the train back to Seoul.

"Me? Not really," he shook his head.

"Oh yeah, hyung," Kai clicked his fingers, remembering something, "I have a photography assignment for school-- seeing as though you're our visual, will you be in it?"

"I thought I was the visual?" Sehun teased.

"I'm pretty sure the last newspaper that covered us said that I was the visual," Suho added, tilting his head to reveal his translucent skin.

Kai laughed, "I guess so, but you have only one character in your emotional range-- 'thoughtful musician'. The theme requires more angst and love than that, so I'll have to go with Luhan-hyung for this."

"Hey!" Suho protested, "I know what love is, I-- ," his eyes met Luhan awkwardly, "You know what? Nevermind."

Luhan wondered if he was about to say something about Bomi. He was so preoccupied by that idea that he wasn't focusing on Kai.

"So hyung will you do it?"

"Yeah, yeah, that's fine."

"Sweet! By the way, I also asked Chorong-ah to be your partner. This should work out well since you've got the past history," Kai looked satisfied, and as though he didn't just say something very important, he went back to reading his comic book.

"Kai," Luhan said threateningly.

"Hmm?" Kai looked up innocently, "What is it, hyung?"

"Kindly remember that I've known you for years. I know all your secrets. So this assignment of yours better be legit, it better not embarrass Chorong or me... or there will be hell to pay."

Kai only looked marginally worried before relaxing his features and grinning, "Of course, hyung! You can count on me!"

 

<><><>

 

Bomi was also glad that EXO were mostly on the road these days. Not for the same reason as Luhan though. She was glad for the simple fact that she could have a rest from the tiring project that was 'Operation Chohan' (and Kai and Sehun).

Instead of going around hatching plans, she got to stay at home and watch some of her favourite variety shows. Running Man was definitely at the top of her list, and there were enough back episodes to keep her occupied.

She was going to watch the one with Park Ji-Sung and IU tonight and-- suddenly, as though sensing her complete contentment-- her phone buzzed.

"Chorong-ah!" she automatically smiled when she saw the name flash up on her screen.

"Bomi, you have to help me!!"

"What is it?" Bomi immediately leaned forward, ready to do whatever she could for her best friend.

"I just got a reminder from Kai! I forgot that I said I'd help him with a photography assignment-- I'm due for a team meeting in an hour. We were going to finalise the project today and--,"

"Chorong-ah, calm down. You call Kak to explain and I'll try and get a hold of Hayoung or Namjoo to stand in for you," Bomi grinned, "It'll be fine. If anything, he'll be glad to see Namjoo again."

"Thanks Bomi, you're the best!"

Bomi ended the call and began to ring around, but while Chorong's voice was a lot more relaxed after reaching an understanding Kai, Bomu didn't have the same luck, "Namjo is at an audition and Hayounh is at a rehearsal. Neither of them can get away."

"Then you do it, Bomi"

"Me?" she looked down at herself, messy hair, baggy jogging pants and t-shirt, having just done two hours that morning at the dance studio and scoffed, "Not going to happen. Chorong-ah, I smell."

At that moment, Kai's number flashed on her screen as an incoming call, "I've got Kai on the other line. I'll call you back."

" I understand, Bomi. Take care!"

"Noona, did you get a hold of Hayoung or Namjoo?'' Kai's voice was more haggard than his usual calm self.

'"Both of them are busy, I'm sorry Kai-ah. Maybe you can reschedule? You should check if Chorong's free tomorrow."

"No I can't," Kai said worriedly, "Luhan-hyung is busy tomorrow, and even Suhohyung can't make it. I was trying to match this with Luhan-hyung's and Chorong's schedule. It's a couple shoot!"

"Tell me this isn't one of your plans again," Bomi groaned. Foolishly, she expected that they were too busy playing in the band to be plotting.

"Noona, can you come and do it? Please, I need you!"

 

<><><>

 

A quick shower, a blow dry and a hurricane in her wardrobe later, Bomi looked down at description that Kai wanted her character to be, and decided she would have to do.

A simple yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter