Chapter 6

Expanding Horizons

Naka's P.O.V

"Is she okay?" Tao asked as I came out of the room.

"I don't know yet, we'll have to wait and see," I shrugged and he nodded before going to his room. I went into the living room and plopped down next to the Miki and Yasu on the couch.

"It's okay little one!" Miki embraced my head.

"Can't breathe!"

"Sorry!" he let me go and pat my head. "She's strong."

"So we're sure she's fine!" Fuji continued and they both nodded with huge smiles plastered on their faces.

"If you say so," I shrug again.

"We probably won't be here when she wakes up in the morning though so I'll go start writing a note for her," Yasu says before patting my shoulder before standing up and leaving.

"He's so caring! I thought he was going to be like Kris when we first met," Jongdae slips into Yasu's seat. Yixing, who had been making his way to take the seat for himself until Jongdae got to it, sighed before settling for sitting on Jongdae's feet.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kris asks as he comes into the room.

"He thought there was going to be a Kris 2.0," Miki quickly answers while Fuji giggles. Kris sent Jongdae a glare.

"I never said that!" Jongdae ignores Kris and yells at Miki.

"You didn't have to, we all know," Fuji grins.

"Shut it you!"

"Now that's no way to talk to your hyungs," the twins answered together in monotone. Jongdae rolled his eyes before shifting to face away from them. Kyungsoo the sound to whatever movie they were starting to watch and Kris sat on the other couch.

"Our furniture is so weird. It doesn't match at all," Jongin pointed out.

"So are you saying we should get new furniture?" Joonmyun asked from the floor, laying in front of the TV with Baekhyun and Minseok.

"I think it's cool like this. It shows that different groups came together," I said. Everyone stared at me for a moment.

"What the heck is this?" Baekhyun laughed, breaking the silence.

"Well, I'm sure that Miko would say that anyway," I looked down at my hands and mumbled.

"You've been spending too much time with her then, to be developing such a feminine mind," Miki nudged me.

"I remember when we first met. This kid tried to be cool. The second Miko came in and introduced herself, he instantly got all soft," Fuji reached over Miki and ruffled my hair. Everyone started laughing even more than before.

"Should we go around and say something we've learned about each other? Lets started with Naka!" Miki suggested and everyone shifted to form a circle, or as much of a circle as you can get with 16 other boys in the room. Jongdae raised his hand and Miki pointed to him.

"He's awkward," Jongdae said and everyone started voicing their opinions.

"Why does it sound like everyone is agreeing on that?" I frowned. When everyone started laughing and no one said that they felt differently, I frowned even more.

"Seriously? Everyone thinks I'm awkward?"

"Because you are!" Luhan responded. I gaped at him because he's the closest person to me from all the M members but he just laughed.

"So cruel, hyung."

"Next, Jongdae!" Miki shouted above everyone.

"Dinosaur or Camel, you choose," Baekhyun immediately blurted. Everyone started laughing and shouting 'Showtime!'

"Dancing machine," Minseok adds.

"Troll king," someone else says. Everyone starts yelling again and then calms down so Miki can continue.

"Alright, Kris!" Miki points next to Jongdae at the only person not paying attention. Kris jumps before looking around with a confused expression.

"There's Showtime's star, the almighty Kris!" I wave my hands in his direction and everyone starts laughing again.

"You're forgetting Yixing," Fuji pointed out.

"Oh, Yixing, then Kris. We'll come back to him," Miki nods.

"What about us?" Kris furrows his brows. Sho starts explaining what is happening to him and Yasu, who had just entered the room and sat on Sho's other side.

"Tattle-tale!" Luhan immediately frowns at Yixing, who just smirks before pulling on his hood.

"Forever sleeping!" someone shouts. "JPEG!" "Rainbow Unicorn"

"Depression Virus," Chanyeol booms from the other side of the room. Some more 'Showtime!' shouts were sounded.

"Alright, now Kris!"

"Mr. Not-My-Style!"

"King of cool."

"EXO's fashionista!" "Kriscasso!" Everyone exploded at that and it was five whole minutes before we all calmed down again.

"Alright, Sho!" Everyone got silent at that.

"Sho doesn't really do much though," Fuji said.

"He's sweet," Kris said. "There, done. Next." Everyone laughed at that and Miki shrugged.

"Yasu."

"Kris 2.0!" Fuji shouted.

"AH!" Jongdae shouted in approval and caused everyone to laugh. Yasu looked confused but he didn't say anything.

"Na~Ka~O~" Everyone goes dead silent. It's so quiet and everyone is so still one could walk in and think we were statues or something. But when it happened a second time, Luhan and Tao hid behind someone else while Kyungsoo and Baekhyun curled into fetal positions. I started shaking and tried to look over the couch just a peek.

The third time came around and there were a few desperate whimpers. I stood up and my legs started to wobble. Finally, the one who had been calling out my name appeared and I huffed angrily.

"Tomiko Nakai! Are you serious?!" I crossed my arms.

"Na~"

"Don't! Say my name again," I waved my arms in front of me.

"Here, I'll go get you some water," Jongdae stood up and left the room.

"Miko, you scared the crap out of me!" Baekhyun put a hand over his heart.

"Who knew your voice could sound like that," Luhan chuckled dryly. Jongdae returned and handed Miko a glass of water, which she accepted after a simple nod. I'm sure we were all glad she didn't say anything in thanks. After drinking the water, she cleared several times before looking to me.

"Miko, what's wrong?" I was immediately at her side when I saw the absence of the life and energy that her eyes are usually filled with.

"Nakao," she reached out for me and I came closer. She wrapped her arms around me and snuggled her head into my shoulder. I moved us back to my spot on the couch and she curled into my side instantly.

"Tell me what's wrong, Nakai," I said softly.

"I had a nightmare. You left me all alone in the forest and I got stabbed by Sehun."

"What?" Sehun asked, clearly just as shocked as my expression.

"We were walking in the forest but when I looked around, you were gone. And I started wandering around, looking for you and got too deep in the trees, then Kris came and he told me to go left. But then Yasu told me to go right. But then I went straight instead, trying to find you."

"Did you find me?"

"Yes. Then Sehun stabbed me."

"Sehun! What did you do to Nakai?!" Miki demanded, clearly playing around.

"Kaiko, you know I would never hurt you, right?" Sehun look hurt and confused, but he stayed calm.

Kaiko? Since when did he call her that?

"I know."

"Why was Kris and Kris 2.0 in your nightmare?" I asked, completely confused.

"I don't know."

"Did you just call me-" Yasu started but Miko looked over at him with her tear streaked face and he clamped his mouth shut.

"I'm scared to lose you, Nakao. Don't leave me," Miko looked pleadingly at me and grabbed a fistful of my shirt.

"I won't. I'm right here. Where would I go anyway?"

"This isn't funny, Tomiko Nakao."

"Gomen," I stuck my bottom lip out and she sighed. "Okay kiddo, lets get you back to bed now."

I stood up and Miko quickly followed suit before we grabbed each other's hands and walking back to tuck her in bed again. I kissed her top of the head and she smiled for me. I sat on the edge of her bed and waited until after she had fallen asleep before going back to the living room.

"You two are adorable together," Kai smirked when I sat back down.

"Don't we just have the cutest maknae!" Fuji hugged my head tightly.

"I can't see, aniki!"

"Gomena," he let go and grinned.

"What does that mean again?" Tao asked.

"duì bù qĭ," Lay translated.

"Oh!"

"Hey, did you guys finish the game?" I asked.

"Yep, you were gone for a long time," Jongdae nodded.

"Ah, really?"

"Yeah, what were you doing?"

"I waited until she fell asleep. I had to sing to her a bit too and comb her hair before she would calm down."

"Comb her hair?"

"It calms her. Our mom used to do it all the time when she was upset about something. She's pretty sensitive towards certain things."

"Like what?"

"Cooking, looks, personality, clothes, the cold, weather, being athletic, boys-"

"But she lives in a house full of boys," Jongin interrupted with a confused look.

"That's only because I'm here and she trusts you since I trust you. If I didn't like you, she wouldn't be here."

"Why is she sensitive to boys though?" Sho asked.

"This is the first I've heard you speak all day!" Baekhyun pointed at him. "Keep speaking! I command of you!"

"But if I keep talking, I won't hear the answer to my question," he frowned.

"Fine," Baekhyun sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Why is Miko sensitive towards guys?"

"Because of a bad past on-off relationship. She's not very likely to try to make new friends on her own either. If she doesn't know one person in a room she's in, she'll avoid the people there until they talk to her."

"You're the older one, right? It kind of makes sense," Haru nods.

"But she's always been like this. My mom said that even when we were really young, she wouldn't even go anywhere outside the house if I wasn't there too. She's gotten better about this, but if it's too far from where I am and she doesn't know anyone with her, she won't go."

"What about school?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Her school is a bit far from here but she knows two people there already so she'll have no problem going. My only concern is that her ex is there studying the same major, so they'll probably see each other very often. She might not want to keep going if he tries to talk to her or if she still has feelings for him."

"He was that bad?" Miki furrowed his eyebrows.

"He was awful, hurting my baby sister like that. I wish she let me smack him across his pretty face."

"Maybe we can take care of him for you?" Chanyeol punch the palm of his hand.

"Baekhyun's wrestling moves," Chen adds and Baekhyun nods.

"And a little Tao action? That guy is done for!" Baekhyun points at Tao, who does a fist pump.

"It's. About. To go. Down." Kris finishes in English.

"You guys are killing it," Luhan grumbles and lets his head fall backward against the back of the couch.

"What are you still doing here if you're tired?" Joonmyun asks him.

"You're right, I'm going to bed now. Goodnight everyone," Luhan shots up and waved at everyone before going off to bed.

"It's past midnight. I guess it would be a good idea to go to sleep right now," Sho stands up too.

"I'm expecting you to talk more tomorrow!" Baekhyun calls after him.

"But really, if someone really does hurt our little Miko, we're going to kill him!" Haru starts punching the air in front of him.

"That's enough. Stop threatening her future boyfriends and crushes," Sho lifts Haru up and drags him off to bed as well.

"Come on, cutie," Fuji says while he and Miki grab one arm each and pull me off the couch.

"Don't be so serious before bed. And don't frown so much or else you'll get wrinkles and become ugly like Baekhyun," Miki looks back at Baekhyun with a judging look.

"Yah!"

"Isn't he ugly today?" Miki asks Kyungsoo.

"Yeah, today's not your day," Kyungsoo says with a smirk to Baekhyun.

"Why are you being so mean to me, Miki? What did I do to you?"

"Nothing, it's just fun to tease people randomly, regardless of age," Miki smiled sweetly and then he and Fuji pulled me down the hall to bed. I ended up being forced to stay in their room because they wanted to "have a sleepover with their cutiepie maknae" even though they only have one bed.