Chapter 4

Expanding Horizons

While the rest of EXO were at home, finishing the unpacking, I went shopping with Lay and Haru. We had to bring Haru because he always knows the best brands to buy from and best ingredients to get for certain foods. When we left the van and went inside, Haru pushed through us.

"Rice rice rice rice rice rice rice," he muttered and went off somewhere.

"Haru! Wait for us!" I called but he didn't listen. He just kept on going, probably still talking to himself about rice.

"Does he have a thing for rice or something?" Lay asked.

"If he could, I'm sure he would marry rice," I shook my head.

"Then let's leave that to him," he chuckled and looked at the list we brought along. Initially, we only came here to buy fruits and vegetables, but we might as well buy Haru some rice. "So, Haru counts as two people, right?"

"Yeah, pretty much," I laughed.

"I feel like we're a family. You're the mom and I'm the dad."

"And Haru's our son who eats endlessly." Lay giggled cutely and I watched as Haru came back to us with three huge bags of rice.

"It was on sale too!" Haru's excited grin plastered on his adorable face made us both laugh.

"He could pass," Lay told me and I nodded in agreement.

"Pass what? Who's passing what?" Haru looked between us after placing the bags in our cart.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," I shook my head. We started heading to the area where all the fruits and vegetables would be and read each item on our list to Haru, who continued to show us what to get. I would get how much we needed and Lay pushed the cart. Upon check out, I payed for all the stuff because Lay forgot his wallet. It didn't exactly come from me, it was from EXO-J's expenses. The boys had me manage their money so we've pretty much only used it for food and such.

When we returned home, Naka and Kyungsoo helped us take the stuff in and put it all away. It was high energy in the house and things were loud, but this was a natural thing for me because of the time I spent living with EXO-J. The part that wasn't natural was the other EXO boys and how they were all intermingled now, plus the new house is bigger than our old one.

"So, what's it like for you three, living with the rest of EXO now?" Joonmyun asked after he also came to put things away.

"I like it! The energy is just the same as before so the only difference is that there are more people now," Naka glanced out the doorway to see Tao run by crying. The twins were right behind him, followed by Kris and Yasu, shouting something about a sink. Kyungsoo laughed and rolled his eyes.

"I also enjoy it here. It's comforting to be with the same people but also to continue expanding friendships with others as well," I nodded.

"Everyone gets along well so it's like having even more extended family," Haru grinned.

"Haru! Tao and the twins found a spider," Sho came to the doorway.

"Another day, another spider," he shrugged and went to search for the spider.

"Don't say that! That would be awful!" Sho complained, following behind Haru.

"I can see Sho and Lay getting along well," Naka smiled.

"What?" Lay finally piped up.

"Nothing buddy," Kyungsoo chuckled, patting him on the shoulder and shaking his head. Joonmyun, Naka, and I just smiled at each other.

"Sho is pretty cool. He seems to be full of thoughts all the time though, so he looks kind of lost. Don't you think?" That's where you're similar. 

"He does always seem to have a lot on his mind. Nobody asks about it though because he just spaces out," Naka explained. "It's not really worth trying sometimes. He doesn't come back to answer you until you're too busy to stop and listen. But maybe Miko can one day get it out of him? You have more free time than the rest of us."

"That's true," Kyungsoo says and we both nod.

"I'll try, I guess," I shrug.

"Yay! Well, good luck. EXO-J has to debut soon," Joonmyun slapped my back with a smile and I winced.

"Careful, Miko bruises easily," Naka shook a finger at him with a wink.

"Oh! I'm sorry!"

"It's fine, I'm trying to build a tolerance anyway because everyone in EXO-J hits me anyway," I shrugged.

"So nonchalant," Lay giggled. I smiled and Naka nodded, telling him that I'm sometimes like that. We all left the kitchen and went to the center of all the noise in the house, the living room. This room had the highest amount of energy I've ever seen! People chasing each other around, yelling, loud laughing, playing, general craziness; it was all here. And before Naka could even join them all, a wild Chanyeol suddenly appeared and tackled him, probably noticing that Naka wanted to play too. Then some of the boys decided to hop on top of them and we had a pile of bodies in the middle of the living room.

"I hope they can breathe that way," Kyungsoo ignored them all and expertly weaved through everyone to sit on the couch,

"I want to try," Lay said before starting to go through just like Kyungsoo. Unfortunately for him, Lay just wasn't fast enough and got slammed into by the twins, who were trying to escape for an angry Luhan.

"I wonder wants got him mad," Joonmyun said as we both made our way through as well by going along the walls. He was able to block me from being hit by things that were thrown our way as we went, so I safely made it to the couch. Joonmyun on the other hand, not so much. He used his body to shield me, which was very kind considering the fact that he now knows that I bruise easily.

Sitting beside Kyungsoo, who was now texting and ignoring our presence, I decided to just take the time to calm myself and relax, maybe get used to the energy in the room since it's going to be like this until EXO-J's debut in a few days. The fact that everything was moving so quickly in pace was kind of difficult for me but I've somehow been able to adapt really well to all of this.

"You're surprising, Tomiko Nakai," a voice said from beside me suddenly. I flinched and looked over to see Yasu lounging back next to me.

"When did you get here? And what do you mean?" How did I not notice him sit down? Yasu simply laughed in response before actually answering my question.

"It means exactly what I said. You really surprise me. Most girls your age and in your position would either complain about moving in with this many people or have a hard time controlling themselves in a room full of handsome men, as noisy as they are."

"I'm surprised too, but I'm also used to living with handsome guys after staying with the J members for so long. And I've already met the rest of EXO a few times, albeit not for long. I had enough time between when they debuted and until I first met them to fawn over them."

"What will you do when you met a hot guy at your school?" he smirked.

"What makes you think-" Yasu cut me off.

"I just assume from dramas I've watched. Also, there's a good chance of it. I hear that a guy named An Shin was going to attend with the same major as you. Ring any bells?" He crossed his arms with a smirk and raised eyebrow.

"Shin oppa! He's going to be there too?" I shot up out of my seat.

"I wish you'd call me that," he pouted with a joking tone. I cocked my head to the side because I wasn't sure if it was okay for me to laugh. In the end, Yasu just laughed at me. "Yes, he's going to be there."

"Yay! I can't wait to go to school!"

"Who says things like that?" Kris scoffed from behind me.

"Whatever," I stuck my tongue out at him. He just laughed and sat in my spot on the couch. "Hey! That was my spot!"

"You weren't sitting when I got here," he shrugged nonchalantly. I let out a groan and moved to Yasu's other side, flopping next to him carelessly.