Chapter 5

Expanding Horizons

"Shin-kun?" Naka asked as we cleaned up after dinner. I nod as I dry another cup and hand it to Baekhyun.

"Yasu-kun said that Shin-kun is going to be studying for the same major as me so we might end up in the same class."

"Well, if you do, tell Shin-kun to give me a call sometime! He never calls me anymore!" Naka hands me another plate.

"That's how Yasu found out though. Shin-kun called you but you were busy so he answered it instead to take the message for you, but then it ended up being for me," I laughed after giving that a thought.

"He always liked you more than anyone else. You were his favorite person so he had to be friends with me," Naka pouts. I frowned and was about to answer that when I got interrupted.

"Yah! I can't understand you two when you talk in Japanese! I want to talk too!" Baekhyun whines from my other side.

"Oh! Sorry, Baekhyun oppa! We're so used to speaking in Japanese that we forgot that we have to speak in Korean here," I bow my head in apology and Naka laughs.

"You would want to talk, hyung," Sehun says jokingly as he comes back from cleaning the table.

"My thoughts exactly!" Naka nods happily.

"Yah!" Baekhyun picks up some bubbles from the water and throws them at the two as they high five. Naka tries to throw some back but they hit me instead.

"Ahahaha!" Sehun laughs as he points at me.

"What's so funny?" I shake my head slightly as I wipe them away.

"Your face!" Sehun keeps laughing and I frown.

"That's rude," I cross my arms. "But that also means that you're saying Naka's face looks funny too."

"But we're twins so if you laugh at that, you're also laughing at your own face," Naka throws bubbles at me again.

"I didn't though," I dip my hand in the water and bring it back, flicking the excess water at him.

"Eep!" he squealed.

"Eep!" Baekhyun mimicked his movements as Sehun and I started cracking up.

"It's not funny!" Naka shouts as he flings bubbles at all of us. We all reach for bubbles and throw them at Naka before we all got in a bubble throwing fight. When Naka accidentally slipped and slapped Baekhyun in the stomach before falling on Sehun, who fell on me; we all yelled really loudly and everyone came running to the doorway.

"Is this a Dogpile? I want to join! Why didn't you guys invite me?" Chanyeol came and jumped on top of Naka, crushing me even more.

"Ow!" I yelled.

"Park Chanyeol!" Suho said as he pulled him off. Kris helped Sehun up and Kyungsoo helped me up.

"Tomiko Nakao! Did you hit my stomach?" Baekhyun yelled as he laughed hysterically.

"What happened in here?" Kyungsoo asked me as Baekhyun and Sehun teased my brother.

"I'm so sorry for the mess. We got into a bubble fight and Naka slipped and then the domino effect happened and then Chanyeol jumped on us and then you all helped us up and yeah. I'm sorry! We'll clean it up, I swear," I bowed multiple times in apology.

"I was just wondering. I'm not mad at you, just be careful to not get hurt," Kyungsoo gave me a weird look as Kris came over to me.

"Are you okay, Miko? Chanyeol didn't hurt you?" Kris asked.

"Yah! I wasn't the only one who was on her!" Chanyeol complained. "Sehun and Nakao were too!"

"Way to throw us under the bus, hyung!" Sehun crossed his arms.

"Yeah! What ever happened to 'We are one'?" Naka nodded from behind Sehun.

"Yeah! We are one!" Yixing said as he finally came in. "Now what's going on? Why's the floor so wet? Hey! Miko! Your hair is sticking up in the back!"

"You want everyone to get in the Dogpile next time?" Chanyeol asked, narrowing his eyes at the two with a smirk. "Shall we try now, since we're one!"

"No!" the pair shouted repeatedly. Meanwhile, Yixing was patting my hair down for me because it wouldn't go down when I did it.

"We got in a bubble fight and Naka fell on Sehun, who fell on me, who fell in the puddle. My whole back is wet actually. See?" I turned around for Yixing, Kris, Suho, and Kyungsoo. When the four started snickering, I turned around and glared at them.

"It's not funny, guys!"

"But even the back of your hair is wet," Kris waved his hand around the back of his head with a smirk.

"But you are starting to shiver, so I'll get some towels," Kyungsoo said before leaving the room.

I stood there, letting Yixing fix my hair for me and listening to the boys argue for a while until Kyungsoo got back and handed me a towel. Suho helped me wrap it before the rest of the boys started cleaning the water up. I was walking to get out of the way before I slipped and fell on my face. Almost everyone started laughing before Suho helped me off the floor.

"Woah, there's a red mark on your forehead," Suho pointed to the center of his forehead. Naka rushed over to my side to examine my face.

"I feel dizzy," I mumbled, having finally realized it now that everything has calmed down. I tried to step backward but I tilted backward. Naka grabbed my arms and pulled me towards him just in time to safely catch me and wrap me in his embrace.

"Maybe she hit her head too hard?" Xiumin said.

"Should we take her to the hospital?" Luhan asked.

"Are you okay? Do we need to get you checked out?" Yasu asked.

"No, I probably just need to rest for a while. We were awake really early in the morning after all," I shook my head a little bit but stopped because it hurt.

"Nakai," Miki and Fuji both crossed their arms with stern expressions.

"I refuse to go to the hospital until I'm sure I need to go," I said firmly. Everyone was silent for a moment.

"What are you guys saying?" Chen finally asked, breaking the silence.

"Nakai refused to go to the hospital," Sho answered.

"Why?" Luhan asked. "I can take you if you need me to! We'll go now if you really need to! I don't mind!"

"That's not it though," I shook my head. Naka translated, probably seeing that I was strangely incapable of talking in Korean anymore.

"It's not that easy. I don't like it there. It's scary. Besides, I'm fine anyway. I'll probably be fine after getting some rest."

The boys seemed to let it go for now, not saying anything else on the matter after they had all exchanged looks to each other. The atmosphere began cheerful again when Baekhyun and Chanyeol started talking and everyone cleaning up the floor and I went to shower while they put the remaining dishes away. After that, I put on a black tank top and gray shorts before coming back out of our bedroom. Everyone else had just finished their showers and some were returning to their rooms while others were going into the living room to hang out.

Naka was returning to our room and seeing me walking out, he pushed me back inside by the shoulders and sat me on my bed.

"Sleep, Nakai. You know I can't stand to see you hurting like this," he said softly and helped me into bed. After tucking me in, he gently kissed my forehead and turned out the light, telling me that he'd be back soon. I'm not sure if he did as he said because I fell asleep about a minute or two after he left.