Chapter 1

Expanding Horizons

Miko's P.O.V

Waking up in the apartment that EXO-J had been living in together while they trained with SM was always a nice moment for me. I could get up, stretch, gaze at the rising sun for a peaceful moment and then take a shower, fix my hair, brush my teeth, all that other stuff. Then I would start preparing breakfast for everyone. By the time I'm halfway finished with this task, that's when it's no longer peaceful.

I never really understood this, but the boys would always wake up at the same exact time. Then the Kitahachi twins would talk about how they don't enjoy seeing their own faces when they wake up and call each other ugly, thus calling themselves ugly. Yasu would tell them to shut up because he's not a morning person. Haru would quietly be slinking like no one was supposed to see his goofy bed head hair while Sho seemed completely unaware of the man child behind him. My brother would then come in and yawn loudly, earning him a glare from Yasu for not covering his mouth. Yasu would call him unattractive and everyone would get riled up again.

They all came over to me and greeted me just like every morning. A kiss on the cheek for Naka, back hugs from Miki and Fuji, a pat on the shoulder from Sho so I would turn to accept his hug, a peck on the cheek from Haru, and Yasu would lean on me and watch me finish cooking. The twins and Naka set the table together while Sho, Haru, Yasu, and I prepared all the food. Once everyone was situated and happily eating, or in Haru's case inhaling, everything would go back to being as peaceful as it gets with all the boys in one room.

I never grow tired of this either. It's the same every single day, but it's never old or boring for me. It's grown into a routine for everyone and it made things feel more comfortable. But, our time like this is soon going to come to an end.

"Miko," Yasu's deep voice came from next to my ear. I had been washing the dishes with Fuji while Sho and Haru dried them. Miki and Naka were cleaning the table because they spilled milk on it. Yeah, the both of them, at the same time. It was quite funny because for once, Sho was the first and fastest to react.

"Yes?" I glanced back at him.

"Today we have another meeting. They're expecting that this will be the last one before the move," he said slowly, knowing that I was feeling anxious about it all. EXO-J is going to start living with EXO, so EXO is moving to a bigger home for them all. I was going along with them, otherwise Naka wouldn't go. We have to be together or Naka won't stay with EXO-J. He won't tell me why but I don't mind nonetheless. I'm studying here in South Korea anyway.

The whole moving thing kind of scared me because there would be more boys and I've only met with them twice. They were just like these boys so I think that with all those boys, there would be even higher energy than before EXO-J.

"That's fine," I nodded slowly.

"Are you not happy about the move? You don't want to go?" Haru asked, nudging me in arm hard enough to make me drop the plate I was holding. Thankfully, Yasu caught it and Fuji took the plate from his hands.

"Oh, sorry. And, I'm fine with the move. I'm just nervous. What if I don't get along with them? What if I can't handle all the energy? What if it's too far from my school that it'll be a hassle to get there? I'm only 20! Do you know what could happen? I'd fall asleep, be late for school. I don't want to be late! I've never been later to school once in my life! Even when I was sick I still went to school!"

"Okay, calm down Nakai," Yasu used my full name as he put his hands on both my shoulders. Everyone only uses my full name when they're being serious with me and think I'm playing around.

"I'm being serious. I won't spoil that record! Once, I thought I was going to miss a day of school when I had a doctors appointment in the morning, I cried for ten minutes."

"It turned out we didn't even have school that day and so she was crying for no reason. No that's time she'll never get back wasted poorly," Naka laughed as he left the room with Miki.

"That's so stupid!" Haru started laughing.

"Oh yeah! Says the guy who cries a lot! You cry way more than I have in my whole life!" I countered. He immediately stopped laughing and gave me a I-know-you-didn't look while everyone else laughed.

"Alright, I'll give you that."

"Haru! There's a spider in the here!" Naka called.

"Did anyone else just hear his voice crack?" Sho asked. Haru left the room with a huff, he's been getting tired of all the spiders my brother has freaked out about.

"I'm surprised you noticed! You've been getting faster today!" Fuji teased while the rest of us snorted about my brother's voice.

"I've been practicing my reflexes lately with Tao," he nods slowly. When Haru screamed, we all stopped what we were doing and ran to the bathroom.

"Holy crap! That's a big spider!" Fuji grabbed Miki and pulled him out.

"You scared me, little guy! Don't just disappear and then pop up again like that!" Haru cooed. My brother was backed against the wall as if he wanted it to absorb him. Haru scooped the spider in his hands and went to take it outside.

"I thought something bad happened to Haru," Sho clutched his chest.

"Well, it's Haru. He gets scared easily. I'm surprised he didn't cry," Naka cleared his throat and came out of the bathroom.

"I'm surprised you didn't cry!" I smirked at him. He gaped at me for a moment before playfully pushing my shoulder and laughing it off like a good sport. After EXO-J had gotten ready for their meeting, one of EXO's managers came to pick them up and take them away, leaving the house quiet and peaceful. Sure, I was alone, but I could also prepare things for school. I also made sure to get lots of boxes and tape for when we move.

I just didn't know that the move was happening so soon...