Pudding.

Stealing Kisses.

Pudding. Kindergarten AU.

 

Changmin doesn’t like to share because he doesn’t like most of his classmates. He finds the girls to be annoying because they always want to play house with him, and they always give him the same role of being the husband. The only reason he’s nice to them is because he doesn’t want to get scolded by his teacher. But when one of the girls tried to kiss him on the lips, arguing that ‘Wives kiss their husbands all the time!’ Changmin yelled about how icky girls were, and stopped playing with them entirely.

 Sometimes, he plays with the boys in his class but not all the time, because they get offended so easily, even though he’s just stating facts; “Are you stupid? That Lego piece doesn’t go there!

He knows the teachers talk about him a lot; about how he doesn’t play nice or likes to share. But he can’t help it, if he finds the rest of his classmates to be either too boring or too annoying.

There are a few people he gets along with, and even fewer people he actually likes. But the small, round boy with chubby cheeks and sparkling brown eyes that was approaching his table wasn’t one of them.

The boy was eyeing his pudding cup, practically drooling over it the second he saw it on the table.

“Can I help you?” Changmin asked grumpily, eyes narrowing into slits. He had never seen this boy before – or maybe he did, but never paid attention. He read his classmate’s nametag, ‘Ryeowook’ scribbled cutely on the sticker.

“Is that pudding?” The tiny boy pointed a chubby finger at Changmin’s snack.

“…Yes.” Changmin was reluctant to answer, but he found the boy to be kind of cute so he did.

“I want pudding!”

Before Changmin could react, Ryeowook already had his pudding cup, waving it happily in the air. Once the shock of it all fades, Changmin immediately jump up, quickly snatching it out of Ryeowook’s small hands while repeatedly shouting, “No! That’s mine!” He misses the slight whimper when he settles back into his seat, about to glare at his strange classmate.

“Go-” But Changmin stopped talking, taken off-guard by the watery brown eyes and Ryeowook puffing out his cheeks, bottom lip jutting out in obvious disappointment. Changmin gulps uneasily, knowing the clear tell-tale signs of somebody about to cry and he really didn’t like it when people cried around him.

He glances between his pudding cup and the boy, frowning before reluctantly handing over his snack. “Here, you can have it. Just don’t cry, okay?”

Ryeowook squeals in excitement, running around the table and tackling Changmin in a hug. Giggling as he did so, Ryeowook graces Changmin with a warm, bright smile while repeatedly chanting “Thank you!” - but it sounds more like “Than Kyu!’

Changmin doesn’t know why but he finds himself smiling back, patting the shorter boy’s head.

Suddenly, sharing doesn’t seem so bad anymore.