Eric and nursing

Daily Fantasies of Eric Mun

 

Shin Hyesung caught a cold.

A few days after the ‘cinema-incident’ he suddenly collapsed in the studio and the members had to take him to the hospital – by force and with huge struggles, because the singer himself denied the obvious fact he was sick and wanted to continue recording.

Turns out he had a high fever. Though everyone saw he did not really look good, and honestly, his voice was not in the best condition either. His singing was all hoarse and basically it sounded nothing like him, compared to Hyesung’s angelic voice it was quite unpleasant – if he could sing at all and was not interrupted by his coughing attacks per minute.

Of course, he was stubborn as always saying he was alright trying to act all hyper until he ran out of energy and the sickness had taken control over him, having him end up in the hospital lying on a bed with an IV tube hanging out of his arm.

Eric felt guilty and as he was sitting in the hospital waiting for Hyesung to come out of the examining room – they took him there immediately when he got worse in the studio, but they were promised they could take him back once he got his shot – he was thinking about how he could make it up to Hyesung.

After all it was his fault, Eric was sure the reason he got so sick was the cinema incident and so, he felt responsible.

Even after they could finally bring Hyesung home Eric was still worrying about this whole thing.

After getting some medicine through the IV Hyesung had a better colour, though his voice was more hoarse than before threatening him with loosing his it completely, also, he looked weak wobbling through the hall and stopping in front of his home waving tired at the members saying  - more like whispering - they should go home and stop worrying, he was alright. Even though in the car Dongwan had noted his fever was coming back again.

Eric was worried about the singer. Not only because he felt responsible, but because it was a person important to him, it was Hyesung.

In the end after he arrived home he did nothing, but walked around restless, thinking about what he could do for Hyesung without being beaten or cursed at, but in the end he realized it was actually perfectly unnecessary, after all no matter what he did Hyesung always cursed at him, so actually… he could do whatever he wanted, it wouldn’t make any difference.

Eric smiled to himself as he changed his clothes for something more comfortable that was still acceptable to go out, then took his wallet and phone and prayed he could still find an open pharmacy this late night…

It was already around 11 PM when Eric rang Hyesung’s doorbell.

He was carrying two bags: one full with food, fruit and the other one had some medicine, because Eric was sure Hyesung did not buy anything the doctor prescribed, after all they came back straight from the hospital and no matter how hard Dongwan tried to persuade him to let’s stop on their way back home at the pharmacy, Hyesung just shook his head saying he has medicine at home.

Eric doubted this and so he decided to buy some.

It was cold and as he was standing there waiting for the singer to answer the door he thought icicles are going to grow on his nose.

It was snowing and the beautiful whiteness had already covered up the streets just like a blanket only leaving out Eric’s fresh footsteps.

It was freezing and in annoyance Eric pushed the doorbell again allowing himself a low curse, though, he knew actually it was all his fault, after all it was him going there uninvited so late. He even thought maybe Hyesung was already sleeping – it was a hard day for him -, but when he thought maybe he should just leave and continue worrying just like he did until now, he heard the noise of unlocking the door and he saw a familiar-seeming head popping up behind the door.

“What do you want…” Hyesung’s voice was worse than before, he was pale, but at the same time his cheeks were flushed and his eyes were gleaming feverish.

If Eric wanted to be completely honest he would have said the usually gorgeous and charming Shin Hyesung looked like sh*t, but instead he just noted he looked like someone who was beaten quite badly in an alleyway and now tried to pull himself together.

“Let me in, I’ve bought you medicine, fruit, some food…” Eric said lifting the bags trying to smile warmly thinking that might help him heal. Though, it looked like Hyesung got worse from that.

“I don’t need it… go home…” He whined annoyingly lengthening his words. He was in a grouchy mood, Eric realized, and this did not make him feel lucky or anything.

Grouchy Hyesung was the worst kind of Hyesung.

“Yah, don’t be like this…” He tried to soften him with his usual sweetly childish manner.

“No... I don’t want to…” He whined again, he coughed for about a full minute, then tried to fill his lungs with air and in a tortured voice he continued. “I’m a mess… Go home… I look horrible…”

Eric just waved as if it was nothing. “I saw you in worse condition before.”

“Eric-ah, you’ll catch my cold, don’t be like this.”

“Only an idiot catches a cold.” Eric grinned, winked at Hyesung only deserving a cold stare.

“Are you stupid or what…” He lifted one of his eyebrows only to give more credit to his words. “The proverb says idiots cannot catch a cold…”

“Whatever. Let me in, it’s freezing.”

“If you are cold then go home.” Hyesung mumbled and wanted to close the door, but Eric immediately put his foot between the door and the doorway to stop him from doing so.

“Yah,” He hissed slightly annoyed. “Should I call your mother? Then you can listen to her nagging for eternity.”

In the end Hyesung sighed, opened the door wide and he just turned his back to Eric and stepped inside so Eric could enter, and once Eric took off his shoes he walked in to the living room with him.

Hyesung clearly looked uncomfortable having Eric over in this state of his and this honestly entertained the leader, it was hard for him to hold back his laughter and actually walk up to the singer and hug the remaining life out of him.

But again, as he was watching Hyesung standing in the middle of his living room looking around as if he was trying to answer a “now what?” question in his head, he looked so weak, so thin, he looked like a shadow.

His eyes were baggy, teary from the fever, his cheeks frightfully red and it seemed like he had a hard time staying on his feet. An icy cold feeling had stuck into Eric’s chest and he did not feel entertained anymore. He felt bad for Hyesung and he was worried about him.

He put down the bags onto the sofa, then walked up to Hyesung and gently put his hand onto his forehead to measure his fever. However, the singer’s whole body tensed up due to surprise, his eyes widened and pushed away Eric.

“Yah don’t touch me so suddenly… you are gross.” He said annoyed. “Just leave those here and go home. I’m tired and you are annoying…”

‘Tsk… you are lucky you are sick…’ Eric thought as he had gotten slightly angry by Hyesung’s behaviour, he just sighed trying to ignore everything the singer said and decided to do the same with everything he was going to say.

“Did you take your medicine?”

“I was going to now…” He replied resentfully as he realized Eric was not going to leave any time soon.

“Have you eaten yet?”

Hyesung shook his head rolling his eyes. “Nah... I feel like puking…”

“You stupid, you can’t take medicine like that…” Eric let out a resigned sigh. “I’ll make you rice porridge... so you can take the medicine with it and go to sleep after eating.”

“I’m not a kid you know, I can take care of myself, so just leave –“

“You clearly can’t if you don’t even know how to take your medicine.” Eric stated and he had a hard time not to laugh on Hyesung’s momentary expression.

For a moment Hyesung looked at Eric with widened eyes due to fury, then he just sighed – he did not know any good comebacks – and just mumbled “Do not burn my kitchen” as he turned his back to Eric and retreated to his bedroom.

 

Cooking in Hyesung’s kitchen had a kind of feel Eric thought he was going to treasure until the rest of his life. Everything had the touch of Hyesung’s, his scent was lingering all around and this fogged Eric’s mind and made him smile unintentionally.

There was something in Hyesung being so vulnerable and depending on Eric. It made Eric’s heart flutter and by the time the rice porridge got ready he wore a wide grin on his face, from time to time he even hummed a melody that came to his mind that moment.

When he went into Hyesung’s bedroom the singer was lying on his back in his bed, half covered with his blanket. He was covered in sweat – and for some reason it made him look way too attractive for Eric -, his eyes were closed and looked like he had a hard time breathing as if it caused him a lot of pain or at least it tired him out.

However, as soon as he heard the door closing – even though Eric worked hard to move silently – he opened his eyes and looked at him, then at the plate he was balancing on a tray and looked mortified.

“What did you…”

“I made you some rice porridge.” Eric replied, walked up to Hyesung’s bed and without asking he sat down next to Hyesung and put the tray on his lap. “You must be hungry, so eat a bit, then take your medicine and go to sleep. You look like sh*t.”

For a few moments it seemed like Hyesung’s face got redder, then he just sighed while shaking his head and said: “I don’t remember asking you to nurse me. I’m alright on my own, go home Eric.”

“Oh, just shut up and eat this, will you…” Hyesung’s eye widened in surprise from Eric’s annoyed reply. “Hyesung-ah… let me take care of you, hm? And eat from the porridge, it doesn’t taste bad at all.”

For a minute Hyesung was just looking straight into Eric’s eyes as if he was searching for an answer for a question Eric had no idea about. Then he broke his gaze away, reached for the tray with the porridge and put it onto his own lap. “Spoon.”

Eric handed it over grinning (‘Hah, I won’) and  watched Hyesung as he took a spoonful from the porridge and slowly lifted it to his mouth.

“Mun Jung Hyuk.” He said before eating. “This better be good, because I don’t feel like facing food poisoning besides my cold. And I would take you with me to death.” Then he took the spoon into his mouth and the fact he did not say anything, but continued eating made Eric laugh – of course only in his head.

He could not remember when was the last time Hyesung actually ate something he made…

 

Hyesung ate well, though, he would have never actually admitted it, but for Eric it was more than enough the singer cleaned the plate and looked satisfied.

Eric brought the plate back to the kitchen, then returned to the bedroom with a bottle of water and medicine against his fever which, he believed, helped him to sleep, too.

“Are you my mother…” Hyesung mumbled as he took the water and the medicine, drank and gave the bottle back to Eric and this made him smile. He was complaining, still, he actually depended on him.

“What mother… I’m your best friend!” Eric winked and he was waiting for a curse as a comeback, but instead Hyesung fell back onto his bed and let out a deep sigh.

Eric was sure his fever was high again and he must be tired, too.

For a few minutes he was just standing there next to Hyesung’s bed watching the singer’s chest slowly raising and falling back, his lips slightly parted as he was breathing and his eyes closed and this way his whole flushed face looked so peaceful and calm Eric had a hard time tearing away his gaze.

However, he wanted him to rest and he figured it would be easier if he was not there. He did everything he wanted, but not for his own consciousness not to feel guilty, but to see Hyesung was alright. And he thought he was well now or at least he will be once he wakes up.

So once he was sure the singer was sleeping, he just sighed – he wished he could watch him sleeping forever-, turned his back to him and wanted to leave when he suddenly felt a hand like a handcuff around his wrist and when he looked back he saw Hyesung half lying-half sitting, looking at him with a feverish gaze.

“Eric-ah…” His voice was hoarser than before and Eric was now sure his fever really must have gone up. “Stay with me…” His voice almost sounded begging. “Don’t leave me…”

Eric’s heart fluttered seeing Hyesung like this, hearing his voice begging him to stay – which literally never happened before.

He bit his lip, he did not know what to do, but Hyesung’s hand tightened around his wrist as if the singer knew Eric was uncertain. This never happened before and this was the moment when Eric realized it must be another fantasy of his acting up again, maybe in reality he was still cooking the porridge or he did not even leave his home, he was still worrying about what to do about Hyesung.

And this saddened him, but at the same time he decided to go with his fantasy.

Eric turned back to Hyesung and sat down to the same spot he was before. Even now Hyesung did not let go off his wrist, it looked like he was not planning to, because as soon as Eric sat down he got back his peaceful expression, lied down again and closed his eyes.

“Should I give you a goodnight kiss, too?” Eric laughed only to make Hyesung grumble in annoyance.

“Do you want to die…” He mumbled and said something more that was way too inaudible to understand, and a moment later he was already asleep, the medicine was finally taking an effect.

Eric did not move, as Hyesung asked he stayed there, guarding his dream.

It took him long to realize…

… This time it was not a fantasy.

 

A week later Eric was lying at home due to a cold which he certainly caught from Hyesung. He thought maybe the singer would help him out just like he did, but when he actually called him the only reply he received:

“Only idiots can catch a cold, huh?”

And that time Eric realized the scene that made his heart race and actually got his hopes up was nothing, but just the momentary weakness of a sick person.

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N:

I'm not really satisfied with this chapter... but oh bother.
Actually I wanted a small change in the concept as we are already around half way of the story and they should get closer now, am I right?
Anyway I have no idea how things will work out, but our Eric should have less fantasies now and more reality.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter~
Thank you for reading and take care of yourselves~