Eric and dating I.

Daily Fantasies of Eric Mun

 

Going on dates with your partner is essential in relationships. It makes them getting to know each other more, helps them getting closer and it creates a romantic atmosphere around them – and this leads the couple to certain things that’s quite important in the future of their relationship.

Or so that’s what Eric had in mind about dating in general.

If he really thought it over he was not really the type of person who would go on trips and hiking for a date. For him sitting into a coffee shop or just staying at home watching a movie could be considered as a date. He liked comfortable things that’s all.

However he had started to think things over as he was dumped already countless times, maybe his idea about dating was wrong to begin with.

But this time the reason he was thinking about dates was not because of himself and how he was cruelly dumped a few times already in his life, but because of no one else, but Shin Hyesung.

No matter how much he knew him he had no idea how he was in a relationship. That’s not the right way to describe it though, Eric knew Hyesung was gentle and kind of a romantic guy. What he was thinking about was not the way he treated the person he was together with, but really, his acting in general.

Somehow he just could not imagine Hyesung whispering sweet things into his partner’s ear or out of blue grabbing her hand and such things. Somehow for Eric this image and Hyesung’s Jung Pilgyo could not fit together.

Of course Hyesung was a good guy, a nice and gentle person – Eric had to admit it, though he had to add this nice and gentle manner greatly depended on not just on his mood, but on the person he had to face.

As Eric was sitting on his sofa watching a dead-boring drama which he was not really watching actually, he could not help, but think how it’s like when Hyesung was on a date. Where he would go, for example, how he would act, what things he would say and would he be able to put away his painful awkwardness? (Not like he was not awkward with woman though – Eric added sighing.)

In the end he had decided to go to sleep, though, he did not have much things to do the next day, he would have finished earlier than usual.

 

However, the next day this thought that was already torturing him the previous day did not leave him alone this time either.

Hyesung on a date was something that excited his fantasy more, than anything.

In his head they would meet up on a Saturday morning around 10 o’clock and eat breakfast together while talking about everything that comes to their minds. They talk a lot, laugh a lot and they are incredibly happy – happier than ever.

After breakfast they would just walk around in the city, visit shops, visit the park – everything would be about them, only the two of them as if they were the last humans on Earth closing out everything and everyone.

The whole day would be like this. They would just talk and get to know each other more even though have known each other more than anything, sharing little secrets, little gestures, embarrassed smiles and lustful gazes, walking next to each other and as the night comes - walking hand in hand hoping the blackness hides them from the curious stares.

Later when they might have run out of the words or their legs could not bear even just one more step, they would catch a taxi, they would sit close to each other not caring about the taxi driver staring at them from time to time through the mirror, they honestly would not care, because they would be too busy watching the stars and the whole universe in the others’ love filled eyes.

They would murmur goodbye in front of Hyesung’s door, but every time they say goodbye they would stand there for another five minutes laughing embarrassed and even after Eric saying ‘go in, it’s cold’ (actually Eric imagined their date during the winter), still none of them would leave. And like this Eric would step to Hyesung and cup his red cheeks with his hands and just look at him and would not be able to believe they are standing there doing whatever they do.

He would finally kiss him, but would pull away soon feeling Hyesung’s tenseness, but when he sees his expression, his adorable embarrassed, but happy expression he would lean back to him and kiss him longer, sweeter.

And like this finally they could say goodbye and that night none of them would sleep, because their heart could not be slowed down anymore…

As Eric was thinking about their date he had to laugh at himself for imagining something like this – something utter impossibility.

The Hyesung in his fantasy was a complete stranger – he thought –, he did not even saw the chance he would not reject him if he asked him out on a date.

But he wanted to go on a date with Hyesung, it was something he had to do. It was a must.

And with these thought in his mind Eric Moon took his phone out of his pocket and called The Number.

 

“Yes?”

Hyesung’s voice sounded impatient and not so delighted and for a moment Eric thought it would have been better if he did not call him at all. But now he could not run away anymore, because unnecessarily calling him would have been something that could piss off Hyesung even more.

“It’s me.”

“I know.” Eric heard Hyesung’s tired sigh. “What do you want? I’m busy you see.”

“I just wanted to ask something, but if you are busy it’s…”

Hyesung interrupted. “Eric-ah, cough it out already.”

For a moment Eric was wondering why all of his fantasies were shattered into tiny pieces, but then he realized it was Shin Hyesung himself who killed of his dreams and it did not seem like it made him depressed even for a bit.

“Hyesung-ah~”

“Yes~?” Eric had to smile as the singer played together with him, surprisingly he seemed to be gotten into a better mood than when he answered his call.

“Let’s go on a date~”

For a moment Eric did not even hear Hyesung’s breathing and this worried him, however soon the singer answered and his reply did not surprise him at all. “I’m hanging up~”

“No, no, yah, Jung Pilgyo, do not hang up.”

“Say what you want.” Hyesung’s voice was strict and Eric literally heard the ticking noise of the clock counting the seconds he had left to speak up.

“Let’s just hang out for a bit today… we don’t need to call it a date…”

Again, silence, but this one was slightly longer. In his mind Eric had already buried this idea which was basically dead from the beginning, but Shin Hyesung managed to surprise him with his reply.

“Sure, let’s go on a date. Let’s meet up at our usual place. Seven o’clock is good for you?”

Eric had thrown itself on the offer like a madman, later he thought he had acted quite pitiful and regretted he acted so ‘easy’. “Of course, it’s good. Sure, usual place, seven o’clock.”

“I’ll see you there.” Hyesung added with a weird, never-heard-before tone in his voice causing Eric to look at his phone with a confused expression even long minutes after they had hanged up.

But he did not care about it for a long time even though it bothered him for some mysterious reason, the excitement of his upcoming date with Hyesung had taken over the control of his mind and body and heart and could not wait to see Hyesung that night.

Even if his fantasy won’t come true… still they can drink this or that, simply walk around in Seoul during night-time when the lights are the most beautiful and then they can still bid their farewell in front of Hyesung’s door.

Eric was more excited than ever.

 

“But how did things turn out like this…” He mumbled to himself on a tormented, squeaky voice as he looked around in the tiny ‘pub’ they usually went to, then he just leaned his head back onto the table giving up hope on everything one could.

Eric arrived safely to their place in time. That’s not the problem. Even Hyesung came surprising Eric even more. That’s not the problem. The problem was that Hyesung’s face for some reason was tired and repentant and as their gazes met he was gaping ‘I’m so sorry’.

The problem was that behind him another person turned up, who was in normally his brother in everyday life, but this time he wished to murder him without mercy.

Because this time park Choongjae’s cheerful greeting annoyed him more than ever and it was hard to fight off his murderous urges when he heard ‘the others are already waiting inside’.

“Just when did my date turned into a Shinhwa meeting…” He mumbled brokenly again. “When I’ve thought my chance had finally came…”

He looked up wishing everything was just a dream, but he saw the same sight as minutes before so he just emptied the beer from his glass and put his head back onto the table.

He felt miserable and he wished he could just kick out all the members only having the place to himself and Hyesung.

However soon he felt someone sat down next to him, but because the person was so close their legs and shoulders were touching, he thought it must be either Minwoo or Junjin in a drunken state. But when he turned his head to see which of them was it his eyes literally went wide seeing Hyesung with slightly red cheeks looking straight into his eyes holding two glasses of beer.

“Here, drink this.” He said and put one of the glasses in front of him, then he just put the other one to his lips and drank his own drink completely naturally, as if their current position was not intimate at all.

But it was, actually. Eric had realized sitting like this with Hyesung was completely different from sitting with anyone. And as he thought about it Hyesung was sitting even closer to him than they usually do even with the others.

Hyesung gently aligned to him like silk, like a beautiful piece of clothes that was fitting Eric perfectly.

Also, he brought him drink at the moment he emptied his other glass as if he was watching him and with this Eric did not understand anything anymore. Still, Hyesung managed to confuse him even more when he talked.

“I’m sorry.” He said and Eric was listening to him carefully, but no matter how hard he tried to hear any kind of sign the would tell him Shin Hyesung was drunk, he never found it. “Actually I was together with Choongjae when you called me and he heard everything… from then on he was completely unstoppable and organized this meet up…”

Hyesung looked resentful again, he looked like as if he was blaming himself hard and regretted letting Junjin hear about their plans. More and more Eric was surprised on Hyesung and his weird acting.

“I’ll make it up to you…” Hyesung said finally and Eric could have bet his whole life he saw a faint smile and a weird glint disappearing in the moment they had born on Hyesung’s angelic face.

He would have bet anything he was so sure, because that sweet smile and warm gaze were the most beautiful things Eric Moon had ever seen in his whole life and from then on he could discover them from time to time on the same face if he looked carefully, if he only looked at this one gorgeous face…