Eric and dating II.

Daily Fantasies of Eric Mun

 

“Eric-ah. Are you free tomorrow?”

Eric was completely caught off his guard when after recording Hyesung grabbed his arm, pulled him away to a hidden corner where no one could hear them and with the most serious expression Shin Hyesung could wear on his gorgeous face he asked this short, but awfully meaningful question.

Eric was surprised, shocked, actually millions of feelings were swirling in his heart, but he was unable to name them. What he knew was that his legs were weak and it took him a lot not to have his mouth open as he was staring at the singer.

He had to pull himself together, though, because soon Hyesung’s face showed displease and Eric knew he should not anger him, especially not at a time when he asked something like this from him and he still did not know the reason or to where Hyesung was going with this.

“Why?” He finally managed to squeeze this short question out of himself, and his heart skipped a beat as he saw the changes in Hyesung’s expression: though he wanted to look like as if he was displeased, as if he was going to say something he really did not want to, the slight blush on his cheeks gave him away. Shin Hyesung was preparing to ask something that was embarrassing for him and so, it excited Eric quite badly.

“I have two tickets for this movie.” He said sighing as if it was an awfully burdensome thing. “There is this movie I wanted to watch and a friend of mine got tickets, I wanted to go with him. But suddenly he told me he can’t make it so he gave me the tickets and said take someone else. And I remember you said you wanted to see this movie, too.” For a moment he paused, swept his hair out of his eyes with an expression saying he did not care about whatever Eric said or whether he wants to go or not, then talked again. “And I still owe you with a date, or whatever you want to call it, that I messed up the last time. I promised I will make it up to you… So, are you free tomorrow?”

“Sure, yes I am.” He replied immediately without thinking.

“The movie starts at 7 pm, so be in front of the cinema at 6.40 pm. We meet outside so make sure to put on warm clothes… it’s the beginning of winter, but I’ve heard it might already snow.” Hyesung said, more like ordered, and without waiting for Eric’s response he left.

However, even if he waited he would not have received not even a word from Eric, because the leader’s mind was completely blank.

First of all, it was a shock Hyesung asked him out like this, even bringing up their last-time-failed date, even titling it as a date. Eric thought he had already forgotten about it, but in the end the singer remembered and even kept his promise of making it up to Eric. The leader was stunned and he honestly did not understand what was going on with Hyesung.

However, this was actually his smallest problem at the moment.

Truth was… Eric was not free at all. Actually, his next day had the type of schedule which made him wanting to throw away everything, run away to an uninhabited island and eat bananas until the rest of his life.

His day was going to be painfully busy and he cursed at himself for saying he was free without thinking. Because he was stupid for promising something – after all saying he is free and setting a date to meet up could be counted as a promise – when he was not sure he can make it there in time at all.

“No, Mun Jung Hyuk.” He mumbled and even slapped his face. “You can make it, you HAVE TO make it.”

He really thought like that, he had to be able to arrive there in time or else he would loose everything. He just could not miss such a chance which basically offered himself. Just when would he ever get another chance where Shin Hyesung, The Hyesung, would ask him out like this… just when would he get a chance to go on a date with him which he also names as a date?

Probably never.

It was also a miracle the last time he accepted his offer – Eric really did not know what was going on with Hyesung these days -, so this time he could definitely not mess up.

He had to make it or else everything was over. They can just finish the meetings sooner - why would they even talk about things for hours. They already know the choreographies they need to -why wasting so much time on something they already know and even make their muscles hurt. As for ShinCom matters… they have to understand Eric has some really important things to do, they need to understand this!

And so like this Eric decided he can definitely make it, because for the first time in his and Shinhwa’s life… Eric’s love life was the priority.

He actually felt bad, acting this way was not like him at all not even a bit, but he calmed himself with mumbling ‘just this once’. Though it did not help at all, but he promised to himself he is going to make it up to Shinhwa by working extra harder in the future.

But as for now… he can’t miss his chance.

He had already imagined how they would meet up in front of the cinema. He would be awfully surprised, because Hyesung would smile at him with the brightest smile he has and would say how happy he was Eric could come with him, because like this he don’t need to feel embarrassed for watching a movie alone. Then slightly blushing he tells him he is actually happier going with him, than with his friend.

Eric only smiles and pats Hyesung’s shoulder saying he is really happy he asked him out, watching a movie with Hyesung is a pleasure and wanted to do it for a long time now – and Hyesung would blush even more, and how adorable he would be!

Like this, kind of awkward, they would enter the cinema, they buy popcorn – strictly one huge pack of popcorn – and would go into the screening room, sit down, put the popcorn between them and wait for the movie to start.

When the movie starts they would be quite absorbed in it, though, they would be still conscious of each others’ presence and so, when they both reach onto the package for popcorn and accidentally touch each others’ hands their bodies slightly tense up – however instead of pulling away they touch more and in the end hold hands after putting the popcorn package away, and they would not mind, because it’s dark and no one see them… and because it’s dark they feel less embarrassed and their warm touch feels more intense.

Soon, they would feel it’s not enough anymore and would tilt their bodies so their shoulders would touch, then Hyesung would lean his had onto Eric’s shoulder and Eric would lean his head onto Hyesung’s. And they would stay like that until the rest of the movie.

But at the end when the room turns bright they pull away immediately, don’t say anything, awkwardly turning their head away and leave the building like that.

They would walk in silence in the night, they both feel embarrassed but there is something else between them: a weird tempting feeling and Eric could not resist anymore.

He grabs Hyesung’s hand and pulls him into an empty alley... ... …

 

However, nothing had turned out the way Eric wanted it to starting from the beginning. He could not shorten their meeting, he could not shorten their practise. And even after Hyesung mumbling ‘do not dare to be late’ before leaving the company he could not wrap up anything he planned to.

With a bittersweet, tortured smile he bore with the thought that someone is playing tricks on him on this important day, because suddenly millions of problems had appeared on the surface and suddenly everyone wanted to talk with him and suddenly he had to solve this and that and he could not even ask Minwoo to help out, because the vice-CEO was already flooded with the same amount of work as Eric.

However, there was still a ray of hope when he could finally escape from the paperwork and the people telling him not too bright news related to the company, because as he looked at his watch he thought – more like prayed – there was still some time left.

“I can make it.” He said to himself sighing in relief. “I can still even go home to change.” And so he jumped into his car and drove home to change into some better clothes – even though they only went to the cinema, still, he wanted to look good for Hyesung and he thought his huge black circles under his eyes and his not too pleasant body odour was not something that could be titled as overly attractive.

As he arrived home he threw his phone onto the sofa in the living room, then went to the bathroom to have a quick shower. When he was ready he noted satisfied that his black circles were not so black anymore and he had a fresher appearance now. Without caring about anything he walked around in the house – after all there was no one who could have seen him except for poor Gomdori -, went to his bedroom, put on some clothes that he thought were the best for meeting Hyesung and when he was ready it was already time to leave, so after putting on his coat and scarf and shoving his gloves into his coat pocket he left his house, sat into his car again and went right to the direction of the cinema smiling satisfied, after all everything went according to his plan even if there were some problems at the beginning.

He was sure they are going to have a great time that night.

 

“I’m not going to make it.” He sighed as he leaned back on the seat and looked at the huge line in front of his car, then looked back and realized it was impossible to turn back and take another route, because there was already a long line behind his vehicle.

“Really, this is ridiculous…” He mumbled. “It had to be today, this is so...”

While grumbling to himself a police officer who seemed to be stopping by every car had knocked on his window, so he rolled it down only to hear the horrible news: for at least two hours they definitely will have to wait until they can go.

He waited until the officer left and let out a quite a juicy curse.

Automatically he reached to his pocket for his phone to call Hyesung and tell he definitely won’t be able to arrive in time, so just go in and watch the movie, however both his pockets were flat making him widen his eyes in pure terror. His heartbeat quickened and in a panic-like state he started to look for his phone everywhere he could think of when suddenly the realization struck into his head leaving a dull pain in his chest: he left his phone at home.

He put it threw it onto the sofa before he took a shower and he was in such a hurry… he forgot to take it.

“Oh, God… why are you doing this to me…” He mumbled on a tortured voice leaning his head onto the wheel.

He was desperate, he had no idea what to do, and the time was ticking getting closer and closer to that certain point which Eric waited for so much, but now he frantically hated.

He could not believe all of this had happened to him. He was so happy and excited because of the date with Hyesung and now all his dreams and good feelings were shattered into tiny pieces because he was unlucky or fate wanted to play a joke on him. Either way now he was just simply sad and broken, and if he could he would have jumped out of the car and ran to the cinema, but it was way too far to do it, also, he could not just leave his car there in the middle of the traffic jam.

When he was already sitting there for an hour now he had already lost all of his hopes, and as he looked at his watch and saw even the movie had already started a while ago, again, he leant his head onto the wheel and let out a bitter sigh.

He imagined Hyesung had already called him numerous times, he imagined him being furious for getting stood up and Eric was sure the next day he definitely going to be beaten up. He did not actually mind it, honestly, he was the first person who wanted to beat his own self up for loosing this golden chance even if it’s not his fault.

Either way, Hyesung was there in the cinema watching the movie, eating the popcorn alone and Eric was here in the middle of a traffic jam until who knows when… not being able to hold Hyesung’s hand…

 

It was already pitch black when he stopped his car in the parking lot of the cinema, only the street lamps served with light. He knew the movie was already over, still, he hurriedly got out of the car and stopped in front of the cinema trying not to get swept away by the human ocean leaving the building.

He looked around – still trying his best not to get in the way of the people (and most importantly not to get recognized) – and searched for a familiar face in the crowd, the face he would have found literally anywhere and anytime.

However, no matter how hard he searched in the end he failed to find Hyesung and somehow he was sure he already went home cursing at Eric literally nonstop and Eric was not really sure if he wanted to see him the next day. It was quite risky taking his physical safety into account.

He sighed and turned around planning to leave even though he just arrived, when he looked up and his gaze met with a familiar and kind of surprised pair of eyes. He was standing there about 3-4 metres from him in his hands freshly fried sweet potato for two persons.

It was Shin Hyesung.

Eric’s heart skipped a beat as he saw Hyesung’s figure slightly gleaming as he was standing under the light of a street lamp having his slim body wrapped in the fog. He felt like someone was grabbing tight his chest and a painful lump had appeared in his throat.

Hyesung was still there, he did not leave.

This thought was like a blow into his stomach, it paralyzed his whole body so he did not move at all, only watched Hyesung who approached him when he realized it was Eric.

“Oh, so His Majesty finally appeared…” He said sarcastically not even trying to hide the displease in his voice. “Just where the hell were you? I’ve called you like million times, but you did not pick up your phone.”

Hyesung asked so many questions, but Eric’s mind was blank. After a few moments he rubbed his face and on a slightly hoarse voice he asked “Did you wait for me all this time?”

For a moment Hyesung was just staring at Eric lifting one of his eyebrows, then he just turned his head away fixing his gaze on the entrance of the cinema, slightly pouting his lips. “No” He replied on a weird sounding voice. “I watched the movie, then went to buy these.” Slightly lifted the sweet potatoes. “On my way I saw a street vendor cart selling them and decided to buy some after the movie.”

He looked at the food – he found it weird why he was holding enough for two people -, then looked back at Hyesung’s face and he only noticed it now how red his cheeks were, how his lips were slightly purple and he found this weird, too. However, his consciousness warned him not to over think anything, instead, he felt bad for making Hyeusng suffer because of him.

Still, his feelings kept bugging him and could not stop himself asking “But the movie just ended, people left the moment when I’ve arrived, just when did you…”

“Ah, that…” He looked like as if the sudden realization hit him, he looked flustered for a moment, then as if he figured out the answer he said “I left during the ending credits… I was hungry you know and wanted to eat sweet potatoes ever since I’ve seen the street vendor cart…”

“I see…” In the end Eric said nodding, accepting Hyesung’s answer. “I’m sorry.” He mumbled in the end directing Hyesung’s curious gaze on himself. “I was stuck in a traffic jam until now… there was an accident in front of me… and of course I forgot my phone at home so I could not call you.”

“Are you okay?”

“What?” Eric did not understand Hyesung’s question.

“You said there was an accident… Are you alright?” He seemed honestly concerned and this slightly brightened Eric’s mood.

“Yes, of course, it already happened when I’ve arrived there so I did not get mixed up in it.”

“Alright then.” Hyesung sighed smiling to himself – surprising Eric with his reaction -, then looked at the sweet potatoes on his hands, looked back at Eric and with the warmest gaze Hyesung had he handed over one of the packages to Eric. “Here, take this, you must be hungry, we did not have much chance to eat today… and you even had to work overtime...”

Eric was honestly touched by Hyesung’s acting – suddenly he thought about if this was all a prank camera or the person in front of him was actually not Shin Hyesung but a clone or something -, he smiled and took the food, but as he accidentally touched Hyesung’s hand shiver ran through his spine: those beautifully carved hands were just as cold as if they were made from ice.

Eric was surprised by the coldness of his touch, but did not say anything. Instead he cleared his throat and said: “Let’s go and eat something, I’ll treat you.”

For a few moments Hyesung just looked at him with a curious look slightly tilting his head, then he grinned and patted Eric’s shoulder. “I’ll eat you out of your money as a revenge for getting stood up.” He winked and Eric could only laugh, after all he knew in the end Hyesung would not let him pay for everything. “I’ve seen a good-looking place about fifteen minutes walk from here, let’s go. We can eat the sweet potatoes on our way there.”

Eric nodded and followed Hyesung who turned his back to him and went to the direction he came from. The leader quickened his steps and soon he caught up to Hyesung, and like that they just silently – slightly awkwardly – were walking next to each other while peeling their potatoes.

From the corner of his eyes Eric was watching Hyesung, his bright red cheeks and ears, his slightly purple lips, then his gaze slipped to his red hands that seemed to have paralyzed from the cold, after all as Eric was watching him longer and longer he realized Hyesung had a hard time to peel the potato.

However, the thing that shocked him was not that he found it weird to get into this state from that amount of time Hyesung said he spent outside, but that his gaze got stuck on something that was peeking outs from the pocket of his coat:

Two cinema tickets – unused.

That was the moment when everything came together like a puzzle and he realized the truth: no, Hyesung did not go in and watched the movie. The truth was he was staying at the spot they talked about the whole time, he was standing outside in the cold waiting for Eric for literally hours. This perfectly explained why Hyesung’s body was in the condition that worried Eric.

He did not leave, but stayed and as he imagined Hyesung standing there, from time to time breathing warm air onto his hands to stop them being cold, looking at the time continuously waiting and waiting… it made Eric feel as if someone had stabbed him in the heart.

His heart hurt for Hyesung and at the same time he was confused, he did not understand – or maybe did not dare to understand – why he would do that, why he would jeopardize his health like this.

Eric wanted to cry from the pain he felt in his chest, he wanted to bury himself he felt so sorry and apologetic, but first of all he just wanted to grab Hyesung and pull him into his arms to warm up him, he did not want him to feel cold ever again in his life.

“Yah, give that to me.” He said suddenly and pointed at Hyesung’s food with his head. “I’ll peel it for you.”

“What? Why would I? I can do this.” He mumbled angrily and continued his fight, but his hands were obviously frozen, he had a hard time to do anything and this made Eric feel worse.

“Yah, just give it to me, can’t you just listen to me this once...” He repeated himself on a stronger and scolding tone making Hyesung handing his food over with a surprised and sheepish expression. Then Eric reached into his pocket, pulled out his gloves and gave it to the singer. “Put them on.”

Hyesung furrowed his eyebrows, he seemed to be annoyed by Eric’s sudden came pampering. “I pass, I don’t need it…”

“Jung Pilgyo, please…” Eric was surprised, too, how tortured his voice sounded, but he did not care anymore, he just wanted to have Hyesung safe.

For a moment Hyesung was staring at him taken aback, then lowered his head trying to hide his embarrassed expression and put on Eric’s gloves. “Tsk, if you insist…” He grumbled, then sighed and on a softer tone he said “Thank you… It’s so nice warm…”

Eric looked at Hyesung, but his eyes widened in amazement by the sight that appeared in front of him:

Little snowflakes were falling from the sky being like myriad tiny gems glowing around Hyesung, still, his warm and happy smile was the brightest and most beautiful out of all the jewels and gems of the world.

And all Eric could think about was reality seemed to be so much better than simple fantasy.

 

 


 

 

A/N:

Hello people~ ^^ How are you? I hope all of you are fine
Here it's getting colder as we dive into November more and more (thought the weather is kinda unpredictable, because once it warmer then the next day it's really cold...) and I think I've caught a cold. oh whatever.
About this chapter.
This chapter appeared in my head about a while ago (but only finished it yesterday OTL), when I ate sweet potatoes, it's a really important thing here you know. First, because I love sweet potatoes. but rarely eat it because it's hella expensive, secondly, because... Hyesungie bought enough for two people...........kkk
Anyway
Thank you very much for reading, I hope you liked this chapter, too.^^
I came to the decision to wrap this whole thing up in 12 chapters, so, 7 more to go, let's hope I will be able maintain whatever quality this series have.
(I already have the ending in my head OTL)

Take care