No matter who you are to me now

Mr and Mrs Yoon

“Yoseop-ah, Yoona… I think you guys need to spare us some moment together. This problem needs to be solved without involving any outsiders” Doojoon really small voice could be heard.

Yoona paused in the middle of trying to peek on Doojoon`s shoulder to see the content of the file. She raised her eyebrows, wanting to make sure that she heard the man right. Did he just call her a stranger?

On the other hand, Yoseop who had seen what turned Doojoon became small for some reason, quickly grabbed Yoona`s arm and jolted out of the room. His own hands were trembling. He could not believe what he had just seen. Silently, he prayed hard that his eyes saw wrong.

Upon hearing the door closed, Mrs. Yoon raised on her two feet, folding her arms together, waiting for her son and daughter in law action. But the two young couple only stayed silent in their seat, hands still fidgeting with each other under the table, eyes on the table, on the file to be exact. “Well… Any questions…?” She asked.

“H-How…” Seohyun cleared as her voice comes out really hoarse just now, “How do you explain this thing to us?” She asked, slowly looking up to the woman across the table in front of her, her husband`s mother, Doojoon`s mom, her own mother.

In the file were two original birth certificates, hers and Doojoon. There is nothing wrong with Doojoon`s but everything is wrong with hers. Her birth name is Yoon Joohyun instead of Seo Joohyun. Her parents` name are not like what she thought all these while but Doojoon`s parents instead. There is nothing on the paper that wrote Seo. Everything is Yoon. This means there is only one unacceptable conclusion that can be made.

“I am your daughter?” “Hyun is my sister?”

Both Seohyun and Doojoon asked at the same time, both of them looked up at their parents while at the same time Doojoon`s grasp on Seohyun`s hand became tighter than ever. Oh God… please wake us up if this is a dream. Please, God…

Mr. Yoon clicked his tongue, “Took you long enough to figure out thing that easy” He scoffed, “The answer is there in front of your damn eyes already. Is there any other question?”

“Why…?” Seohyun asked right after, “If I am your daughter, why are you doing this to me? Why am I even with the people that I thought are my parents? Who are they and why are you guys had to kill them? Why are you keeping these entire secret? Why are you guys torturing us like this? We are married, for God sake!”

Now, her tears did fell. She cried really hard, snatching her hand away from Doojoon`s and rubbed her small face harshly, too harsh until it turned slightly red. “We are married…” She sobbed, chocking on her own spit and tears, “I am married to my own brother. How could you do this to me?” Standing up, Seohyun swiped away the file on the table.

Despite her anger, the parents stay silent and calm all while, keeping their poker face that Seohyun wanted so much to slam on any rock outside the company`s building until they died on her own hands, “WHAT?” She burst out again. From the corner of her eyes, she could see Doojoon slowly stood up but she could care less. “I need answers!”

“It is actually your brother`s fault, sweet heart”

“My fault…?” Doojoon choked out. “How can this be my-”

“Stop blaming things on others you stupid head” Seohyun cut in, “This is all you’re doing and you wanted to put the blame on other people instead”

“If he divorced you right after the business project being stole, everything will not turned out like this” Mr. Yoon answered firmly.

Doojoon scoffed really loud, chuckling ridiculously at himself, “So this is all about that ed up project? You made me married my own sister only for that? You guys never even think for once about your children, don`t you?”

“Why?” Seohyun sniffed, “You are not answering my other questions yet. I need to know why? Why are you guys abandoning me for the first time? What is my fault?”

“You really want to know the truth?” Her father asked.

Instead of answering, the pretty lady glared deadly at the old man. If looks can kill, Mr. Yoon had been rushed to the ER already.

“You are illegitimate child, Hyun” Mrs. Yoon said out loud and well, that, once again make the room fell into deep silent, “I got pregnant of you because I was , few years after I delivered Doojoon. He was still a child back then” She continued slowly, but damn, there is no sadness or regret in her voice at all. As if she is happy to break the news to her children, “I was thinking of abortion but your father is such a wise man, decided to keep you instead and I really want to thank God because you are at least, beautiful”

Seohyun stared at her without blinking even once. Tears kept on spilling but she didn`t bother to wipe it. What the hell is this? First, the people that she thought were her parents had died. Second, she just knew that her husband was actually her own brother. And now, her own mother had just proudly told her than she is a bastard child.

What kind of scary nightmare is this?

“But I still hate you so I don`t want to take care of you. I can`t even look at you and was on my way to throw you at a foster house`s door when your… parents came, begging me not to do that and asking if they could… keep you, saying that it is better than leaving you at the door in the middle of the night and I was happy and pleasure to give you to them without any question at all”

Slowly, Seohyun stepped back and took her seat. She needed to sit, didn`t really trust her wobble legs that suddenly turned into jelly.

“Then, I don`t want kind of Fate that bring such a bad luck to us. You… happened to work at our competitor`s company and handled the business project that we had been dying to take” Mr. Yoon continued, “And that is when we decided to put Doojoon into good used”

“So I am just a toy, is it?” Doojoon speaks up, “You made two of your children married each other and then after you get what you wanted, just let us settle things on our own?”

“I told you that you should leave her but you didn`t listen to me” His father answered.

“Unlike you, I know what`s the meaning of love and I love her. You guys… make me fall deeply in love with my own sister” Doojoon desperately wanting to keep his tears from falling.

“So… if I didn`t happen to work for the company, I will never knew that the people that I loved as parents are not actually my parents? Is that your intention?” Seohyun asked without looking up.

Mrs. Yoon smirked, “I never thought of you right after I passed you to the now dead people. It is not my fault when your company wanted you to handle the project”

“But why do you have to kill them?”

“They just didn`t want to give you up and threaten us to the police if we continue to search for you”

“Only because of that…?”

“I am a simple woman” Mrs. Yoon said really proudly, “You just have to do what I told and no problem will occur. They just receive what they supposed to receive long ago”

Anger rose suddenly in Seohyun and she swiftly stood up, wanting to punch both of her parents right on their faces but like before, Doojoon was faster. She trashed around in Doojoon embrace, “Let me go, Doojoon. I will kill both of these devils now. Let me go, Yoon Doojoon!”

_____

“Umphh…” Doojoon fell on his back on the couch and he groaned when his head bumped harshly against the headrest. “Hyu-” His words` cut again by the lips that kept on molded his. He tried to back away but every time he pulled from the kiss, Seohyun will connect their lips again.

It was like she was drugged. Seohyun can`t control herself anymore. Everything in her head kept on jumble mumble. She can`t think straight. With just one look that they shared together, Seohyun can`t keep herself from jumped over her husband… her brother and kissed him senselessly.

Saliva trickled down their chin but she didn`t care, she didn`t want to care as at that moment, not only their saliva that stained their face, but also their tears. The siblings keep on crying their heart out between their kiss as if it will be the last kiss that they will share together. Maybe it is…

“H-Hyun…” Doojoon tried hard to gently push the petite woman that was sitting on his laps with both of her legs at each side of him on the couch. When their lips parted, Doojoon quickly turned his head to the side when he saw that Seohyun not seem to want to end the kiss, making her kissed his cheek instead.

Seohyun whined, trying hard to trail wet kiss from Doojoon`s jaw to his lip but the man will not the steamy hot kiss start again if he didn`t want to regret himself the next morning.

“Hyun…” He called out softly again and took hold of her arms, looking straight at her and when she saw how intense the look was, she slowly calmed down and dropped her head down, ashamed of herself.

Doojoon exhaled as slowly as he could. He also needed to calm himself since the kiss that he had just shared with his sister was hot enough to turn him on. “We can`t do this” He said. 

“Hmm…” She responded lightly, still looking down on her laps and fidgeting with her fingers. After the look that Doojoon gave her, she didn`t think she can face him. It is so embarrassing when you act like a , kissing your own brother like he is the last man alive on the surface of the whole world.

It is not that she didn`t know. She knew it that it is so wrong for her to kiss Doojoon. It is disgusting, for other people, for her to share herself with her own brother. But what was she supposed to do?

 This man in front of her, the man that she was currently straddling right at that moment had stolen her heart, her love, her life. She loves this man so much for sake. This man is the only man that she once thought she will spend the rest of her life with.

But now…?

What was she supposed to do?

“Look at me, Hyun…”

He sounded so soft but it makes Seohyun moved immediately. She looked up slowly and looked at him.

“I said, look at me, Hyun. I am not asking you to look through me…”

She bit her lips, holding the sudden tears that form in her eyes suddenly and turned to look into his eyes. And out of sudden, she was crying. Only one second of eye contact make Seohyun melt like ice cream. She sobbed hard, cupping her face with both of her hands and it does not take long for her hand to become wet with the overflow tears.

Doojoon closed his eyes for a moment, and he slowly pulled the woman into his embrace. As he`s patting her head like such a loving brother, he can feel her shirt turned wet. She was clutching her fists so hard until it crumpled his shirt, not that he cares anyway.

“Why must this thing happen to us, Doo?” Seohyun`s small voice whispered in his ears. She had calm down a little but he can feel her tears keep on wetting his shirt.

Doojoon titled his head slightly and adjusted their position to a more comfortable one but she`s still sitting on his laps. He encircled his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek twice, “I still love you. Remember that, okay…?”

“No…” She shook her head, sitting up straight, “It can never be okay anymore. I love you too but now… I can`t even kiss you. I can` even… we can`t… it cannot be okay…” She said frustrated with how life turned out to be.

“I know… it`s different now…” He said, sighing, “We are siblings now, not married anymore but it doesn`t mean that-”

“How can you be so calm?” Seohyun asked, frowning at her brother, “I am so tired of crying and getting angry and frustrated and shock and so on but you seems very calm. How can you not be angry?”

“I am angry… of course I am angry and sad and shock and scared but what can I do?” He asked back, “I can change what had happened, Hyun. I wish I can just run again with you and act like I am not your family but fact`s true. You can`t deny it once it verified. We`ve seen our birth certificate, pictures and much more” He said, remembering few things that their parents showed them at the office before.

“I know that but-”

“As the big brother, I need to be calm. I need to think well thru this. This is so complicated but nothing is impossible. We can solve this. I can`t say that I am not sad at all. I am very sad because now, I can`t even make love to you like always and sooner or later, I have to watch you get married by other man. It is so tough, Hyun but we have to think and act like an adult”

“Still can`t-”

“Many other people will trash away, fight till forever, can`t accept the truth but we aren`t those people. We will face this bravely. It is hurtful for us, very hurtful for our feelings because I love you so much. I still love you like you are my wife and not my sister but like I said before we will have to continue our journey in the world, facing the cruel truth”

Seohyun swallowed hardly, “But-”

“We can`t do anything, Hyun. Life has to go on”

“How can I continue living like this? There will be major change in my life”

“Of course there will be major change not only in your life but also mine” Doojoon caressed her back, “But we can do this together. We will face this together, okay? After we go to your parents` burial ceremony, we will settle all these, okay?”

With her wet eyes, Seohyun glared at her brother. “It seems very easy for you. You realized that starting from now, we can`t live together. What about my job? What will happen after this? Do you need to divorce me? Well, of course we are not married already now but the papers? We still need to do some paper work about that, right? And also what about-”

“Hyun…”

“What?” She glared again, cutely.

Doojoon had to smile at the cute gesture. He chuckled for the first time on that day and ruffled her head playfully. “We have gone thru others obstacle in our life before. Just this time… it is slightly over the top but I am sure we can do this together”

Seohyun stayed silent for a mere second but then, she sighed dejectedly. Whatever Doojoon said was right. It is sad, what had happened. But they still need to continue living. It will be very tearful, but there is nothing they can do other than face the truth. They need to grow up, face all the problems and obstacles like a true adult.

“We will do this together, right?” She asked. “You will stay with me, right?”

“Of course, honey”

She sighed again and looked at him, her lips, “For the last time, can we-” She bit her lips, afraid to say the word.

But Doojoon smiled a very kindly smile. Swiftly, he stood up with Seohyun in his arm, bridal style and he walked towards their shared bedroom. That will probably be his only starting from tomorrow…

_____

Yoona sipped the warm tea in her tumbler and stared at the man in front of her. She slowly lowered the tumbler and frowned slightly, “Doojoon…” She called out to the man that was typing furiously on his laptop.

It has been two weeks, 14 days and everything seems to be back to normal. Doojoon went back to work as the CEO and this time, he had Yoona instead of Seohyun as him personal assistant. They hasn`t married yet but will soon.

However, after several days of discussion with some arguments in between, Seohyun decided that she simply couldn`t take it living at the city and leave for the country side, her village, with Yoseop instead.

It is hard for Doojoon to take it especially when he had no right to stop his already grown up sister from doing whatever she wanted. Honestly, after Seohyun left their previously shared house, he broke down for more than 2 days but luckily, Yoona was always there to support the man.

“Doo-”

“What is it, Yoona?” The CEO asked as if he had tired of answering the woman`s questions.

“It past 8, you know…”

That was when for the first time on that day, Doojoon looked up into Yoona`s eyes and slit his. “Really…?” He asked and dumbly looked at his wrist watch. Damn right… it`s 8.27 p.m. and he`s still in the office. Why is it seems like time pass thru really fast these days?

He sighed and leaned back against the comfy chair, rubbing his face slightly and stretched his sore muscles, “Why are you still here?” He asked, looking at her.

Yoona scoffed, “If I left, you will probably worked out yourself till next morning” She commented, “Come on… let`s get you something to eat before you go home and take a nice shower and sleep” She stood up from the chair and folded her hands together, waiting for the man to also do the same.

Doojoon chewed his lower lips. For some reason, he felt guilty for Yoona. She`s always there for him. No matter when and no matter what had happened to him, she`s always there to support. Although sometimes, it doesn`t really work, but at least someone was there for him always.

While him, kept on murdering himself with being too fond with work, not eating and sleep well. He started to think for once that he is such a loser. What kind of a grown up man, a CEO of a big company cannot manage himself?

“Have I thanked you, Yoona?”

Yoona raised her eyebrows, “Have you… what?” She squint her eyes, not believing her ears for once.

He slowly stood up, slipping both of his hands into his trousers` pocket, “Thank you… for always be here for me. This is lame, I know but I really meant it, Yoona. Thank you for staying with me, supporting me”

She stayed silent for a moment before a brief laugh escapes her lips. She shook her head and smiled afterwards, “Doojoon…” She breathed out, “We are getting married and although I believe that you don`t love me yet, I am still your friend, right? This is what friend for. Although I can`t really fix every situation for you but the least I can do is support. I am not doing much actually so you don`t have to thank me”

“I am sorry that it takes time for me to think over this… marriage thing. I do hope you understand”

“I understand well, Doojoon” Yoona said softly, “I don`t care about what our parents want because this is our life. We will decide it for ourselves and I can give you the longest time you wanted. I don`t mind because like I said, even if you don`t love me, I am still your friend”

“You are so kind. I am ashamed of myself for treating you like this”

“Kind has different meaning according to different perspective. I am doing all these not for a thank you. I don`t want you to thank me at all because I am sincere. As a friend, the only thing that I wanted is for you to be strong. I want you to be brave and be positive, that`s all I asked from you”

Hearing her response, Doojoon suddenly felt a slight smack at the back of his head, telling him to wake the up and move on. He lowered his head slightly, breathing in and out in a steady manner and composed his mind together.

Yeah… he needs to move on.

Looking up, he smiled genuinely for the first time after his sister left, “Let`s get something to eat”

_____

At the same time, Yoseop and Seohyun were strolling along the park leisurely. Their hands intertwined and there were soft smiles on their faces. Both of them were enjoying the night breeze and calm weather.

There were only few people at the park, probably because it almost 9. But the two didn`t seems to care even though they were supposed to go back home since they needed to open the café early morning the next day.

“I want to live here forever” Seohyun suddenly said, startling the man beside her. She chuckled and tightened her hand gripped on his.

Yoseop looked at her slightly before returning his gaze to the whole park. Pulling her under one shady tree, he sat down and made her do the same before laying on his back, one hand under his head, supporting it.

Seohyun looked at Yoseop quizzically but nevertheless, did the same. She lay down closed to him and looked up at the dark but full with stars sky. “Yeah… I definitely want to live here forever” She said once again, nodded to herself. “I can never look at the sky like this in the city. Life is too busy there. Even when you are no one, you will be busy of trying to be someone because there in the city, only someone`s live, no one will be shoved at one part of dark alley”

He chuckled softly, “It`s your life. You can do whatever you want with it, Hyun”

“What if I said I want to live here with you forever?” She asked without hesitate at all. While waiting for him to say something, Seohyun busying herself with counting the stars, to hide her nervousness actually.

“Like I said, you can do whatever you wanted with your life. I have no right to tell you no”

“What about you? What about your life?”

Yoseop sighed, a very deep sighed that made Seohyun glanced at him slightly, “I have nothing to achieve in my life, Hyun. I only have to manage the café and take care of my sick mother. That`s all. So, if you want to do something that will involve my life, I don`t seem to care anymore. I just don`t want to care…”

“Why…?”

“Because…” He stopped for a while, “I can never hold onto things or people that I care. They always went away. They never stay. They never wanted to stay with me because I am no one, Hyun. I am not someone, not anymore”

“How can you say that?” Seohyun asked, wanted to cry but tears didn`t seem to want to flow out of her eyes, “Your mother needs you, I need you. How can you say that you are no one? You are someone for me”

Yoseop sighed, looking up and did the same as Seohyun, counting the stars, “My mother`s sick, Hyun. Sooner or later, she will be gone. She will leave me. And as for you, you are the daughter of such a successful businessman in the city. Your brother…” He stopped again, breathing in softly, “He is the CEO of a company. Even if you said you want to stay here, I believe that one day, they will take you with them. How can their daughter live in a village, a small town like this. And then you`ll leave me too”

A moment of silent past through them as Seohyun thinks of what the man just said. She never heard this kind of saying from Yoseop, the man that she looked at as someone who is very bubbly and cheerful.

“Are you trying to tell me that you want me here, Seop?”

Silence…

“You love me don`t you?”

Silence again…

“Seop…?” Seohyun turned her head to look at him but the man never did the same. He kept his gaze at the sky, didn`t say anything for few minutes.

Just when Seohyun wanted to say something again, Yoseop did opened his mouth, “When you said that you want to live here with me forever” He slowly sat up, pulling her together and that was when he looked at her with a soft smile, “I am very happy to hear it but I knew, you said that because you are lonely not because you feel the same as me”

gaped slightly, wanted to protest but then she realized that he is telling the truth. Don`t get her wrong but she is lonely, without Doojoon, she is lonely.

“If you want, Hyun, you can live here with me forever” Yoseop continued, caressing her hands slowly, “But please… I am not denying that I love you. I love you since the first time I saw you at school” He confessed while looking into her eyes. He chuckled slightly when her eyes widened, “I hope you understand. It is hard to be closed to someone that I love but I can never touch her. It hurts so much, Hyun”

Seohyun nodded, understood of what Yoseop was trying to tell her. He was asking her to love him. It is because he loves her and if she wanted to continue living there, she will only torturing his feeling when she didn`t love him. 

She understood but it is also hard for her. Reality is she still loves Doojoon and she had once swore that the man will be the only man in her heart. Now when things like this occur and Yoseop confessed to her, it is also hard for her to make a wise decision.

But still…

Sooner or later she had to forget her loves to Doojoon. The man is now her brother, her biological brother, same mother although she didn`t know who her father is and she didn`t even want to try to find out. It is wrong to love Doojoon like that anymore.

And this man in front of her, her friend, Yang Yoseop. He`s there right after she left, welcoming her with warm hug, muttering sweet words and petting her into such a nice sleep and rest. This man, very understanding, letting her stay with him, giving her job at his café, never once question her decision of not wanting to stay with her new family.

Maybe… maybe she needs to just try to love this man. Maybe it is the time to let go of Doojoon. Maybe this will be the right decision. Maybe and maybe… this will lead her to the happiness that she had wanted ever since she was born.

“I…” Seohyun her lips, meeting him in the eyes, “I`ll try, Seop… I will try to love you”

_____

Doojoon nervously knocked the door and waited for a minute. He twisted the knob right after he heard a soft voice muttering ‘come in’ from the inside and slowly, he stepped in.

“Doo…” He looked up as he heard his name was called out and damn, he can feel his body froze at the beautiful sight in front of him.

“Doo~”

Blinking his eyes stupidly, Doojoon chuckled and awkwardly scratched the back of his head. “Hey…” He said and stepped slightly close to the other presence in the room. There were only two of the in the room and although he`s facing the woman that he had known since like… forever, he still feel nervous as hell.

“Why are you staring at me like that?”

He smiled handsomely and his right hand moves at its own accord, caressing her pale, white cheek, “You look so beautiful, Hyun” He didn`t lie though. This woman in front of him, his own sister looked really beautiful in the white dress and only light make up on her face. She looked way more beautiful than the day of their marriage before.

Seohyun blinked once, twice and then a soft and dazzling smile decorated her thin lips. She leaned towards his touch and sighed softly. “Of course I am beautiful since I have such a handsome brother, right?” She teased, wanted to break the invisible wall between the two of them.

It had been 2 years. It had been 2 years since the officially becomes siblings, not married anymore. It has been 2 years since Seohyun lives with Yang Yoseop and his mother. It has been 2 years since Yoona becomes one of the most important person in Doojoon`s live.

But still, between the two Yoons, Seohyun and Doojoon still are awkward around each other especially when there are only two of them. They became slightly apart and less talk with each other. They didn`t even text or call since they are too scared to take the risk of falling for each other again.

Also…

It has been 1 year since Im Yoona turned to Yoon Yoona. It has been 1 year since Seohyun become so closed with her sister in law. It has been 1 year since Yoseop confessed once more and Seohyun finally open up her heart for the manly man. And it has been 1 year since both Yoseop and Seohyun waited for this day.

The day of their marriage…

Doojoon chuckled also and he pulled the petite woman into his embrace, placing his head on hers, kissing the top of her head slightly, lovingly, brotherly. “Finally, I have to let you go” He whispered. “Take care of yourself and please don`t ever hesitate to tell me if anything had happened to you, okay?”

“I will take a very good care of myself, Doo” Seohyun snuggled closer to her brother, wrapping both of her hands around his waist, “I am still your little sister no matter what, Doojoon-ah. Do not afraid of losing me because you won`t. Trust me on this. Couple can break up but siblings can never”

He nodded to whatever she said, wanting her so much to ease the burning sensation in his heart, his head and all over his body. “I love you so much. Don`t you ever forget that, okay?”

“Yah…” Seohyun pouted and pushed the man slightly but still remain in his embrace, “You`re lying…” She said sharply.

Doojoon panicked slightly. One of the habits that he still can`t get rid of. Whenever Seohyun is angry at him, he can become panic easily, “But I-”

“You love your wife more than me. I know that” The smaller figure smiled teasingly at him and in no time, both of his hand came up, pinched both of her cheeks, “Ow… Ouch… Yah…” She protested, slapping away his hands.

“Of course I love my wife but I love you too, Hyun-ah” Doojoon said after satisfied with pinching his baby sister`s cheeks. He laughed when she glared at him, knowing that the other didn`t mean it at all. Sighing, he pulled her into his embrace again, “Please take a very good care of yourself and don`t forget me, okay?” He said once again, “Don`t ever forget that I love you so much, okay?”

Seohyun noticed the change in his voice. He had once become her husband, not to brag but she thinks she knew this man better than Yoona. Slowly, she leaned into his embrace and hugged him tightly, “I never forget you, Doojoonie… You will always have your place in my heart no matter what had happened…” She whispered. “I love you so much too, Doojoonie… No matter what, no matter who you are to me now, I am still in love with you”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

okay.... there... i give you all your ending.... how was it? okay? no? so-so? tell me... i really need to know... please don`t be a silent reader... i need your comment and support okay.... 

my friends... eugenenni and Eunix98 told me that they wanted a happy ending... am i fulfilled my promised to you guys? well... this is not actually a very happy ending but stilll, no tears or blood or killing anymore so can it be consider a happy ending? i hope so... 

i will write an epilogue... about seohyun and yoseop since i think yoseop didn`t really get enough attention from me(haha, what am i just said?)... so what do you guys think? should i write one? or not? if you want me to write it, what will it be like? fluff? romantic? 

tell me your suggestion, okay? i will write base on your suggestion and if i didn`t receive any response, i shall mark this story as complete then... okay? hihi... so... please comment...

love you guys, Mera...