Chapter 18

The story of us.

When night came, Kim Jong kook was laying down peacefully in his bed. His family was not as hard on him as he thought they would be. He was thankful since he himself did not think of that many excuses to be with Jihyo. Why should there be except for one? He loved her. So Jihyo's family and his family have all given their blessings. That have got to make things much much easier now. The next step is their close friends, then their fans. Just thinking about all of that caused his head a slight headache and he let out a sigh.

Ping! ​​​

A small smile played on his face as he saw who the text came from. How could he live without her?

Wish you were holding me to sleep. I miss you. Goodnight.​

And goodnight it was Kim Jong kook fell into a deep sleep, once that he had not have for quite some time.

The sun shined in brightly into Jongkook's room. That was how he liked to be woken up as a little kid. Alarms always made him frustrated. It felt as if he was rudely interupted from a very good and restful sleep. He rolled in his bed, did a few light stretches and headed to out to the kitchen, expecting to see his mother. And like a routine, his mother was there preparing breakfast for him and the family. It was not even a surprise to him that his brother and his father was sitting on the dining table, almost finishing their meals and preparing to head out to work.

"Jongkook ah, bring Jihyo over to our place for dinner! Will be nice change to have a female around."

"Err... She's still in the hospital. But I'll pass on the message. I want her to get comfortable with us also, if both of you don't mind." Jongkook looked over to his parents.

"Why would we mind, Jong kook ah? If she made you happy, then we should really support her. Besides, she seems like a very good girl from what I see on television."

Jong kook took his food and silently ate, wondering if it was all a dream, her parents accepting Jihyo easily seemed like it, especially after all the trouble they wet through.  

"Why is Jihyo in the hospital anyway?" Jong Kook's brother asked, curious. "Does she need any medication?"

"Orh... that's right. Why is she in the hospital? And should we visit her?"

Bewildered, Jong Kook quickly answered, "No! It's ok, you don't have to visit her. Not now, anyway. I don't want the media to get the wrong impression of us. We still have not told anyone about us other than family."

"Well, ok... But it still does not answer my question of why she is sick... Jong Kook ah... You didn't do anything to her, right?"

"No I didn't!" He replied, slightly hurt by the fact that his own brother thoughts of him hurting Jihyo. "How could I hurt her? She was too exhausted with her packed schedule. And I wasn't there by her side at that point of time when she was busy." Deep down, Jong Kook felt slightly guilty for not taking care of her properly but he was badly hurt at that moment to think of the situation from Jihyo's point of view.

"If that's the case... Are you visiting her later?" Jong Kook's mother asked. "I'll make some samgyetang and you can give some to her and her family. she needs to be healthy so that my son will not worry about her."

A smirk played along Jong Kook's brother, Kim Jong Myung as he saw his not-so-little brother blushing.

"Allright, I'm heading to work. GIve my regards to Jihyo and her family. I hope you're taking this seriously, Jong Kook ah. You're not exactly young. Take care of her well if you think this is the one."

In his heart, Jong Kook thanked his father for his support. He was very much like his father in a way. Logical and always thinking of the best method to do things right. But lately, he seemed to be maturing, his mother's gene taking over him, making him more over protective of his loved ones. And Jihyo was the main reason behind it. Jong Kook waved goodbye to his Father and Brother as they left and then he checked his phone for his schedule. Thankfully today, he had nothing. One of the rare off days that he would most probably spend at the gym. However, his heart was set on going to the hospital to see his girlfriend.

That afternoon, just around lunch time, Jong Kook reached the hospital together with Jaesuk. He had called his senior for help and Jaesuk also wanted to visit his dear Dongsaeng. That will definitely help against the rumours, if it ever surfaced. So when they reached Jihyo's room, Jihyo looked up brightly to greet them and looking lovingly at her boyfriend.

"Ahhhh. I came here despite my busy schedule and all you can see is this muscle man. What a disspointment." Jaesuk joked.

"Well, he's my Muscle man! Of course my eyes are for him!"

Jong kook placed his mother's home cooked samgyetang in front of Jihyo making her gasp and squeal in delight. 

"Aigoo. Did you make this oppa? For me?" Jihyo asked, excited and suddenly very hungry for a bite. It looks appetizing from where she was.

"No. My mother did. She made extra to give to your family also. I'll leave it here for Jihye to bring back home later ok." Jong Kook replied with a smile.

"You mean... She knows about us?" Jihyo started to feel a little insecure. "What did she say?"

"Well, she definitely said that you were very fierce on tv and might be a bit hard to handle." Jong kook started off, knowing that Jihyo will get disappointed at his comment. And true enough, she looked down, looking like she was unable to eat the food that was laid out in front of her. "Or... Maybe I just joking and she said that you need to e heathly and she wants me to bring you for dinner with the family one day."

Jihyo's lips formed an O hearing what Jong kook had just said. Dinner with the family? Does she really look fierce on TV? Well, she probably is. She has kicked, cursed, pushed and fight with all of the members at least once. Her hair was often in disarray and she rarely had makeup on. Who in the right mind would want her for a daughter-in-law.

"Yaa! My family is excited to see you. Even my brother wants to know you fast so that he could probably get you on his side to tease me for every small little thing. So don't worry about a thing." With a smile he pecked her cheeks causing Jihyo to blush.

"Now, how did our high and mighty Kim Jong Kook became a sweet and caring person overnight? Can't be more like this when we work?" Jaesuk said to lighten up the atmosphere more.

"Hehehe. Because he has me oppa! Come, let's eat. There's a couple of bowls here. Your mother must have known that we'll all be eating together! Thank you Jong Kook Oppa!"

While eating, the three of them talked and joked and had a lot of fun discussing about work, people and of course, Jong Kook's and Jihyo's relationship. They were discussing their plans and how to make it not obvious yet while filming. Alot of people know how Jong Kook and Jihyo worked well whenever they were paired together. They even had a nickname for the pairing... The spartace couple. Jong Kook who was the only tech savy guy in the room started searching online for pictures of them together. 

They probably didn't notice it before, but both of them had always been sneakily glancing at one another, or trying to touch one another. Jong Kook thought before he was just being nice, but his gestures towards Jihyo were too obvious, protective and loving. Jaesuk made witty remarks here and there and as usual, he and Jong Kook will start bantering at all the small little things. Jihyo who had finished eating started to feel sleepy and just watched and laughed at his two colleagues. She wanted to get out of the hospital though. The longer she was there, the more she felt ill. Besides, she was still thinking of her schedule. She was only half way done with her drama filming. She could only imagine what her colleagues will say about her.

She was just starting to rise in the industry and yet she couldn't cope with the stress and her schedule. What is her identity? An actress or a variety star? The worries slowly started to seep into her mind but she pushed them away. She had two very strong man by her side, supporting her, giving her strength. She has to get well to be released from the hospital. While Jihyo was thinking far, Jaesuk excused himself to give space for the couple to chat.

"Oppa! Can I stay at your place once I'm out of the hospital? For a few days? I think it will be lonely for me to be alone at home once I'm out." Asked Jihyo suddenly.  

"Why don't we stay at your place? I can go to your place. Errr.... That way, we don't disturb Gap Jin too."

It seemed like a legit explanation so Jihyo nodded with a smile and held on to Jong Kook's hand. But she could feel that something was not right. Something was off but she could not place her finger on it. "Promise you'll stay with me?" She asked instead.

"Promise..." And he planted a soft kiss onto her hand.

And as if on cue, there was a knock on the door and both of them looked up and Jong Kook immediately distanced himself away from Jihyo. Standing by the door was not Jaesuk who had left for a short while. Instead, standing by the door is the other half of the famous and loved couple, Kang Gary. He stood there with a bear, half the size of himself with a box of chocolates. It was hard for him to open the door but he managed to anyway. With his hands all occupied, he did not see the exchange between Jihyo and Jong Kook hence, he came in as cheerful as ever!

"Ahhhh. Mong Ji-ah! How are you feeling! Oh! Hyung! You're here too? Did you come alone?" Gary  asked, surprised at seeing his hyung sitting besides Jihyo's bed.

"I came with Jaesuk Hyung. He asked me if I wanted to visit Jihyo. So I came. We both thought you had recording today." Jong Kook explained. Which was partly true. He had heard that Gary was preparing for an album but he did not know that Gary was already in the process of recording it.

"Well, that was the original plan, but I really wanted to see Jihyo here. I miss her alot. You haven't been replying to my messages lately." Gary stated while looking at JIhyo. Jong Kook looked at Jihyo and noticed that she was embarrasedly looking away. So they have been contacting each other and Jong Kook did not know about it. When did it start and why was he feeling a tad bit insecure. He knew that Gary was interested in Jihyo but he was not serious about her. 

"So... why have you not been replying my messages?" Asked Gary once more, taking the seat where Jaesuk was sitting before. 

Jihyo eyed Jongkook apprehensively before looking at Gary. How should she answer him without hurting one or the other?  

"Gary oppa... "