Chapter 17

The story of us.

~Happy 2016 my dear readers. So glad that there's still readers! Many many apologies for not updating. *Bows down* Really am. But to those who regularly checks to see if there's an update... Let me give you guys a hug! I know the feeling oh too well!

Since I haven't updated for quite some time... Here's a summary of what happened just before.

Jihyo fainted out of exhaustion and was hopitalised. Things were clear between Gap Jin and Jong Kook. And JIhyo's family knows about her relationship with Jong Kook. Just before, the sweet couple was spending some time together and Jong Kook wanted to go back to avoid the dreadful meeting with Jihyo's parents but, uh-oh... Her dad caught her first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why not today?" said the voice just outside the door.

Jong Kook and Jihyo both jumped and looked up to the voice, eyes wide. He entered with his wife following closely behind him and Jihye followed after her parents, closing the door with her head down. Jong Kook stood up straight, eyes swiftly looking at Jihyo and her dad and down on the floor, unsure of what to do. But at that same moment, he felt safe as a small hand wrapped itself around his, holding it tight. It was Jihyo who was still on bed, slightly pale but giving him the look full of support and strength. God, he loved her.

"So... Why not today Kim Jong Kook shi?" Jihyo's father asked once more.

"Erm... Erm..." Jong kook lamely started but then looked at Jihyo's father with his usual charming smile before giving his greeting. "Anyeonghaseyo! Hello Ji Hyo's abonim, Jihyo's Omonim. I feel that I should dress well and prepare well before I meet you, as a form of respect. It's never my intention to date your daughter behind your back, or causing her and yourself so much trouble. I'm sorry."

Silence followed after Jongkook's introductory speech but not for long as Jihye cracked up from a corner of the room. Jong kook became shy and started to mess up his hair. Jihyo's eyes turned to daggers staring at her idiotic sister.

"Hahahaha. Aigoo ya. Look at that, you're going to start a war between the two sisters, Jong Kook ya. Can I call you that?

" Of course..."

"Sit down, Jook Kook ya." And everyone took a sit, Jong Kook at the chaiir by Jihyo's bed. Jihyo's mum at another chair beside the bed, Jihye and her dad at the couch in that room. "Jihyo... your brother will come later. He says he's sorry for not coming earlier but he has to study."

"I know dad. He called Changjoo and we talked. Dad...."

Her dad looked up at Jihyo, expecting what she would say next.

"We want to ask for your blessings. And Mother too. We don't know where our relationship will head but all I know now is that we do not want our relationship to face any more trouble as it is. I know you expect me to be with Gap Jin shi, Mom... But I don't treat him anymore than a manager or a brother."

"Me too... I, I should be the one saying it to you sir. I... I love Jihyo, sir, mám. I know, our future is still unknown. We may change hearts but I doubt my heart will. I love her since I first saw her in Family outing. Her being her true self. Not afraid of what people would say to her, always putting herself first. Challenging herself. We just need blessings from our elders first, I guess."

Once again silence followed after his speech. He sure has a way of making a statement and grabbing attention. Jihyo inched closer to Jong kook and stretched out her arms to reach for him.

"What about your parents Kim Jong Kook shi? Would they like Jihyo? Sometimes, I wish she acts like a girl more so that there won't be any problem when she meets her future in laws..."

"Mwuh? Ya! OMAAAA! Why are you saying like I'm going to get married right away? We're just... We're.... YAAAAA! SONG JIHYE!"

Jihyo grabbed her pillow and threw it hard to her sister who was sniggering away silently. It annoyed her that Jihye was enjoying her discomfort. Why should she be in the room when the discussion is about herself and Kim Jong Kook. Where was the privacy.​​​ But as soon as she threw the pillow, the action itself caused her to be tired out. Guess Jihyo has not fully recovered yet. ​

"That's it! Both of you. Aren't you ashamed of yourself. In front of a guest! Jihye, out you go! come back later. I want to talk to your sister and Jong Kook."

"But dad-" She interjected. "NO buts! You heard me! You can come back later.""

And with that, Jihye picked up the pillow that she sister threw and put it back on the bed before giving Jihyo an annoyed look and leaving out of sight.

"I apologize for their behaviour. They can be quite.. er... aggresive at times."

"Hahahaha! No worries sir! I've worked with Jihyo for quite some time, so I understand."

Her dad nodded and looked at Kim Jong kook in the eye. A small smile was playing on his face, a flash of understanding. "I understand very well, what you are going through. When it was me... And I had to get Jihyo's father's permission when I was young. It seemed like a foolish thing." He patted Jong Kook on the shoulder and gave him a shake.

"You're doing just fine, young man. You have my blessings. And of course, my wife." As if on cue, Jihyo's mother nodded. "We're going to leave you for a while. Do join us for dinner when you're free and when Jihyo's better. I think then, we can have a much better atmostphere to find out more about one another."

And with that the elderly couple left the room, leaving Jihyo and Jong Kook alone once more. Jihyo laid back on the bed, breathing heavily and her eyelids heavy. She was already tired from the short interaction with her family. She did not even finish the kimbab that Jong Kook brought.

"Hey, finish your food first. Here, let me feed you."

Jihyo shook her head slowly. "Jihyo yah, don't make me worried please. You only ate 2 - 3 pieces. I know you're tired, but you need the energy right? My princess needs her energy to get better! and we can go on dates, ride on those rollercoaster that you love so much..."Jong Kook tried to coax her into eating even though he knew that she was really exhausted.

Jihyo turned slowly to look at him, her lips turning pale. She has really exhausted herself and the pillow throwing definitely caused her to be even down. "You promise? Promise to take me to the theme park? And we can have so much fun on the vikings.... the rollercoaster... " Jong Kook nodded. "Sorry Oppa, but I have no strength to sleep. It's hard for me to breathe too. Just let me rest a while first, before I eat again."

Jong kook sighed and watched his girlfriend slowly closing her eyes. I promise... but you have to get better and then take care of yourself first, sweet heart. Slowly, Jihyo fell asleep and he stood up, place a soft kiss at the top of her head and proceeded to leave. He met her parents at the cafe and said his greetings before leaving home. Things are heading for the better. Why wouldn't it? He had just got the blessings from Jihyo's parents. His parents are not an issue, it was never an issue. His parents are quite open to the kind of girl he dated.

​​​​They were quite fond of Eun hye previously. Too bad they had to break up. Things were also getting better between them. But she had always placed her career first on top of everything else. Everyone thought they were in good terms, but...   

Kim Jong Kook shook that thought out of his head. This time it was different. Jihyo had picked his happiness first. She had picked out the best options for him and even chose to stay out of his life so that he could flourish, to succeed in his career. Thinking back, there was never a predictable moment between both of them and that is what excites him the most. He could see himself growing old with her and never having a bored day. 

When he finally reached his destination, he took out his phone and looked at his phone. The source of his strength now, a picture of Jihyo holding his hand while she was falling asleep. Funny how a simple gesture could mean a lot to him. It's time... Jong Kook said to himself and headed to to the door, and giving a warm greeting to the house.

"OMMA! APPA! HYUNG! I'm back!"

"Ya! you're home! Finally! It's getting harder and harder to see you around. Come back home more often, else we won't get to see you especially after you get married."

Jong Kook froze at his brother's word. How... intuitive. It seems like he knew the reason for Jong Kook coming back home. HE went in and greeted his dad and gave a huge hug to his mum, which latested longer than usual.

"Aigoo... Who is it that has made my son become so loving? Tell me son, is she the one?" Once again, he scrunched up his forehead, very puzzled at his family's choice of words and actions. "What?"

 "I think son, you might as well confess. Your face is shinning and you look, happy, if I can sum it up properly. And besides, you know you're terrible at hiding your feelings from us."

"So, who??? Come on... I don't have all day!" Said his brother. With a small voice, Kim Jong kook announced, "Song Jihyo. Running man Song Jihyo."

"Whoaaaaaaa. How did you tame her?" Was the first thing that came out of his brother's voice. "Don't go overboard with your jokes, please."Jong Kook's mother directed it to her first child. "And does she make you very happy?"

"Omma, all I do everynight is wait for the dark to disappear. Then I can see her again. And she loves me back."

The words finally hit him hard. It was a fact and he felt safe, he felt treasured and truly, he felt loved. Looking at his parents and leaning on his brother's back and repeated the words, proud.

"She loves me back, so so much."