The deal

Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Where am I?

 

Everything seems dark and cold. I’m cold, Junhyung. I’m feeling so cold.

 

 

“Hyunseung!” I woke up hastily, a tarn of sweat soaked through my hair. Two nurses and a doctor were already beside Hyunseung. One of the nurses came rushing to me.

 

“I’m sorry but you have to get out”

 

I couldn’t say anything as she pushed me out of the room. I stood in the doorway, nervousness bubbling in my stomach as the sound of the machine kept ringing through my ears. It was making me sick and nauseous. I prayed hard that Hyunseung would be alright.

 

Please please please please…. Don’t let them take him away from me.

 

“Junhyung!”

I turned around to see Kikwang running towards me. I quickly grabbed hold on his coat.

 

“Kikwang, you need to help Hyunseung. He’s …. “

 

“I got him back!”

 

Both Kikwang and I turned around to see that Hyunseung was breathing again. His chest visibly moving up and down. The doctor and nurses breathed a sigh of relief. I let go of Kikwang’s coat and uttered a quick apology. He nodded and placed his hand on my shoulder, giving it a little squeeze for assurance.

 

“He’s stable for now. We’ll keep an eye on him. Kikwang, can I see you outside for a minute?”

 

All of them walked out from the room and one of the nurses closed the door. I staggered my way to Hyunseung’s hospital bed and immediately sat down beside him. his palm, I whispered words of encouragement to let him know that we all needed him to stay alive.

 

I needed him to be alive.

 

It was the first time that things went so wrong and truthfully, I was very much shaken by the ordeal. I felt like I had let Hyunseung down. I nearly lost him and I had the feeling that the next time we won’t be this lucky.

 

I left fleeting touches on his forehead and down to his cheek. I was about to snuggle against Hyunseung when Kikwang opened the door.

 

“Jun, come outside for a while. “

 

He held the door open till I was outside with him.

 

“Jun. I don’t know how to break this to you nicely but … “ Kikwang stopped and stared at his hands.

 

“Is this about Hyunseung?”

 

Kikwang nodded.

 

“He’s getting weaker. I’m – I’m not sure if he can make it. Thingshave taken aturnfor the worse.”

 

Kikwang looked up to look at me in the eyes.

 

“it’s his heart. His heart is getting weaker. We’re giving him drugs to stimulate his heart muscles. As much as I believe in science and all that, I do believe that – that by giving him encouragement to live, he’ll be able to get through this.”

 

Kikwang smiled at me and tilted his head to one side.

 

“You know, I wouldn’t have known that you are a caring person if it wasn’t for Hyunseung.”

 

“Hey!” I snapped.

 

Kikwang chuckled but he instantly became solemn.

 

“I know you barely know Hyunseung but – but please try to help him in any way possible.”

 

I gave him a sad smile. Yes, it was true that I met Hyunseung under weird circumstances. I wouldn’t even consider it as I have met met him. It didn’t really matter now because I cared for him just as much. Although our meetings were short and brief, I guess you could say that we have bonded in a weird way.

 

“That, I can assure you.”

 

*******

 

“What? So, what are we going to do now? Oh my goodness!” Dongwoon was jumping up and down on his hospital bed.

 

“Dongwoon! Calm down! You are gonna get me killed by Kikwang if he sees you like this.” I tried to stop him from further injuring himself but he seemed to be quite a handful.

 

“My poor Hyunseung Hyung! I should have been there for him!”

 

“Dongwoon, stop it!”

 

“Junhyung Hyung! Do something!”

 

“Dongwoon!”

 

“DONGWOON! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?”

 

Both Dongwoon and I stopped what we were doing and turned to look at the source of that angry voice.

 

“Ki – Kikwang Hyung. I – I erm – I was – “

 

“Junhyung, why are you holding on so tightly to Dongwoon?” Kikwang said while tapping his feet.

 

I looked at where my hands were and I realized that I was practically tearing apart Dongwoon’s hospital gown. I quickly let go and shook my head.

 

“I wasn’t doing anything! He was –“

 

“KIKWANG HYUNG! HELP ME!” Dongwoon pry my hands off him and dashed towards Kikwang, which took Kikwang by surprised because both of them nearly fell down hard when Kikwang lost his balance.

 

“Dongwoon, please! Stay in bed!” Kikwang pushed Dongwoon gently to his bed.

 

“But – but I “

 

“Hush Dongwoon. You can tell me all about it while you are lying comfortably on your bed.” Kikwang tiptoed to pat Dongwoon’s head.

 

Dongwoon turned around reluctantly while mumbling that he wasn’t a small kid anymore. As soon as he got into his bed, Kikwang tucked him in.

 

“Hyung, please. I’m not tired yet.”

 

“You need more rest.”

 

“Hyung, Hyunseung Hyung needs our help!”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter