The truth

Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bzzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzz ….

Slowly, I forced myself to open my eyes but I quickly closed them again as the sunlight that crept through the openings of the curtain fell onto my eyes.  Grunting, I pushed myself up but my head felt heavy. My throat felt dry and I didn’t feel well, at all. I fell back onto my bed, forcing myself to sleep again but something was vibrating beside me.

“Why can’t I just sleep in peace????”  I shouted to no one in particular.

Bzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzz…..

The person on the other line sure was persistent.  Giving up, I stretched out my hand to grab hold of my cellphone.

“WHAT?” I hissed.

“Ouch, you don’t have to do that every time I call Junnie”

He sounded familiar…. “Kikwang?”

“Yes, it’s me you ”

“Hey, I get to call you that, not the other way around”

“Junnnieeeeeeee!!!” Kikwang was practically screaming his lungs out.

“Ok ok. Stop it! What do you want? I was sleeping damnit!” I shouted back. And you made me woke up from my dream about Hyunseung, you .

“Awwww…. But it’s  gonna be lunch soon! Anyways, I was wondering if you wanna hang out with us for lunch at the usual place? Puh-leaseeeeeeeeee….. say yes say yes say yes say yes….”

“Stop it! You are making my head hurts.”

“Then, if you want me to stop annoying you …. Say yes say yes say YES!!”

“OK! FINE! YES! BYE!” And with that I hung up. Seriously, how in the world did I manage to get Kikwang as my friend?

I looked at the time. 11.52am. How long did I sleep? Wow ,those  sleeping pills sure did its job. But still, damn you Kikwang for waking me up.

I stretched and let a yawn escaped through my lips. My mind started to wander back to Hyunseung. I needed to know about him. I needed to know why I dreamt about him. Was he that significant to me? Before I could think any further, I heard my cellphone buzzing again.  This time, it was Doojoon. Hesitating just for a moment, I picked up the phone.

“Hei, Junhyung. Pretty sure that Kikwang called you over for lunch. It’ll be great if you join us. Get out of your house for once. Breathe the fresh air and…”

“Listen to Kikwang  chattering about whatever it is that he’s into right now. Yeah, I really look forward to that Doojoon.” I interrupted.

Doojoon chuckled and retorted by saying,”Says the guy who started talking to Kikwang first and inviting him to join our group.”

“How was I suppose to know that he’s so talkative and bubbly all the time. He’s just like Yoseob sometimes.”

“Hey hey. Don’t talk about Yoseob like that!” Doojoon practically screamed over the phone.

“Chill dude. I was just joking. I’ll join you guys for lunch later. I’m gonna hang up now. I need to take a shower.”

“Right, right. So, see you then.” With that, I hung up the phone.

Feeling fully awake, I dragged my feet to take a quick bath, thoughts about Hyunseung now totally forgotten.

 

*****************

 

It was 1pm when I reached the café. There were many people around but I could recognize Kikwang’s dark red hair. He was still in his doctor uniform. Wasn’t he supposed to be working at this hour?

I walked towards their table and was greeted by the ever so enthusiastic Kikwang and Yoseob.

“Junhyung, at last! I really thought you weren’t gonna come.” Kikwang pouted.

“Hi Junhyung! Long time no see!” Yoseob said while waving frantically at me.

Doojoon just nodded and I greeted all of them.

“So, ok. I was just telling Doojoon and Yoseob about this guy I met in the hospital and...” 

“Wow, you had time to flirt?” I interrupted.

“Junnie! You are always so mean to me!” Kikwang pouted again and I had the urge to pinch his lips. Yoseob was laughing hysterically beside Doojoon.

“Junhyung, stop being mean and Yoseob, stop laughing. Kikwang, please continue and finish what you wanna say because I’m starving. The sooner you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter