Final destination

Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If it weren’t for the nurses, I would have dashed into Dongwoon’s ward and questioned him further about Hyunseung. I headed back home soon after and my mind was thinking about Hyunseung all the time. Thinking about a way to save Hyunseung. It wasn’t like I knew knew him but I couldn’t back off now even if I wanted to. As I was laying on my bed, I tried to come out with a plan. From what I have gathered during my met up with Hyunseung, it seemed that he was beginning to lose grasp of reality and he was drifting further away. If that was the case, I should try something that would make him remember. Remember about his past with Dongwoon and if Doojoon was right, how he first met me. Perhaps by doing so, he would come to realize that the dreams we shared were not real. As I was tossing around on my bed, I wondered if I would dream again about Hyunseung.

**********

I woke up, startled, as I realized that it was way past 10 in the morning. Somehow I felt disoriented because for once, I didn’t dream about Hyunseung. That actually made me worried. Very worried indeed. I got up almost immediately and made my way to the bathroom. The earlier I talked to Dongwoon, the better.

**********

Knock knock

Dongwoon looked up from the magazine he was reading when he heard me knocking on the door.

“Oh, Junhyung! Nice to see you.”

“Hey kid, how are you doing?”


“I’m doing great. Are you here to see Kikwang?”
“Nope. I’m here to see you actually.”
Dongwoon was clearly confused, I could see it from his face. I walked towards his bed and dragged a chair to sit closer to him.
“Well, this is about Hyunseung.”
Dongwoon gave a little smile and nodded. I realized then too that Hyunseung must have meant a lot to him because his face softened. 
“I think….from what you have heard from me yesterday, as crazy as it sounded, I really did dream about Hyunseung.” I stopped talking to look at Dongwoon’s reaction. Dongwoon nodded again.
“Yeah, I believe you.”
I sighed in relief. At least the conversation was going smoothly.
“I think I did dream of him once. More like I was chatting with him. I told Kikwang about it but he said that maybe it was because I missed him so much.”
My eyes went wide when I heard what Dongwoon just said. 
“What did he say to you? Did he remember you?”
Dongwoon raised his eyebrow as if I said something stupid.
“Of course he did. We were just chatting and I told him that I missed him. Just before I woke up, he was humming to the lullaby that we both knew ever since we were young.”
I kept quiet, absorbing whatever Dongwoon has just said. If Hyunseung remembered who Dongwoon was then but he couldn’t remember yesterday… that wasn’t a good news, was it?
“Junhyung, is something wrong?”
I quickly looked up at Dongwoon and shook my head.
“Nothing is wrong. Can you do me a favor?”
  “Oh, sure. What is it?”
“Tell me more about Hyunseung. Any details or significant events which will prompt him to regain his memory.”
“Regain his memory? Why?”
Oh…should I tell him everything? As I was pondering over it, Dongwoon was quick to answer for me.
“Did you dream about him again? Are you saying that he can’t remember anything?” 
I sighed. I found it hard to explain everything to this kid. Hyunseung meant a lot to him and it would break his heart to know that Hyunseung may not remember him at all. Taking a deep breath, I explained to him about all the dreams I had about Hyunseung, explaining them as brief as possible. I needed Dongwoon’s help so I had to tell him the truth. I couldn’t lose Hyunseung, neither could Dongwoon. 
“This is serious Junhyung. You got to help me help Hyunseung. I can’t lose him Junhyung, I can’t!”
Dongwoon was getting hysterical and I had to calm him down by ensuring him that I would do everything I can to help Hyunseung. Once I was sure that Dongwoon was calm enough, I asked him to start telling me about Hyunseung’s past. It felt wrong knowing about his past. I felt like I was trespassing and invading his privacy. I would have preferred to hear it coming from Hyunseung himself but in situation such as this, I guess it couldn’t be helped. 
I was glad that Kikwang didn’t intrude when I was busy talking with Dongwoon because he would probably have a fit if he knew I was spending my time with Dongwoon, not that we were doing anything wrong. I talked to Dongwoon for over an hour, understanding more about Hyunseung and trying to remember all the details. Turned out that Hyunseung liked to dance, he took really good care of Dongwoon ever since he was little. I was even more surprised to know that I went to the same high school as Hyunseung. He was addicted to chicken and would have a picnic every Sunday at the park near his apartment. Dongwoon explained further that about Hyunseung’s favourite dish, his favourite song, his favourite belt.
“Oh, I want you to have this.”
Dongwoon went searching for something in one of the drawers. After a minute, he turned back around (with his face all red) and exclaimed, “Found it!”
He was holding on to a necklace with a pin from a soft drink can. I looked at him quizzically. Dongwoon was giggling.
“We were poor Junhyung. He couldn’t afford to get me anything for my 16th birthday. So he made me this!”
I took the necklace from him and stared at it. It was just a simple necklace but yet I could feel the sincerity and love coming from Hyunseung. 
“I treasure this very much Junhyung so I hope you won’t misplace it.”
I nodded and pocketed it. I stood up to make my way to Hyunseung’s ward. I hoped that my conversation with Dongwoon was enough to help Hyunseung.
“Thank you Dongwoon. I promise I will help Hyunseung.”
Dongwoon was fidgeting at the ends of the magazine which he had discarded earlier. He looked worried and scared.
“Don’t worry Dongwoon. Everything will be fine.”
We both looked at each other and I could see that Dongwoon was holding back his tears. I guess he didn’t want to sound like a small kid, so he merely nodded. I ruffled his hair before proceeding to Hyunseung’s room.
As I was standing outside of his room, I took a deep breath and walked in. He looked the same, just like the day before when I first found out. I hated those tubes and wir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter