Chapter 1

Highschool Cafe

Today was the day of the interview for the job in the newly opened café. Yoona wanted to have a good impression so she opted to wear something sort of semi-casual. She had her hair up in a ponytail because the summer heat was too intense to let it down. The summer sun was shining so bright, and its rays pierce through your skin like needles poking you. She had to make sure that she had some sunscreen on or else she would be fried under the summer sun even though she wasn’t wearing sleeveless. I guess you could say that summer has finally arrived.

 

“Mom, I’m leaving! See you in a while!” Yoona called out randomly to her mother who turned out to be in the kitchen.

“Yah! Have something to eat first before you go. What if there are lots of applicants and you get hungry waiting?” Her mom replied out loud.

“Well you never told me that you were making something!” Yoona replied and rushed to the kitchen looking for her mom’s cooking. She took a couple of mouthfuls before she went back to her room to wash up again. “Jeez, mom’s cooking is always the best but I’m afraid my face will look bloated during the interview.” She pondered for a while. “Oh whatever, not like I really care.”

 

She made her way down and said her goodbye again to her mom. “Mom, I’m really going this time! See you later!” Her mom walked into the living room to bid her goodbye as well. “Okay. Do well so you’ll stop complaining that you don’t have anything to do!”

 

Yoona has always been this type of person ever since she was little. She has always excelled in school. She considers herself  a very rationale individual that she finds matters like love very trivial. She always complains that nothing satisfies her or take much of her time that causes her to be bored. This job, if ever she gets accepted will be her first. She has very high expectations for the work to keep her busy. Isn't that what most people hate the most about work? Well not for her.

 

 

She made her way to the café riding her bike. She loves how she gets occupied in focusing her attention to the road and also on the pedal. "Woah, the wind is blowing pretty strong today. Makes the weather a lot bearable. I guess I can let down my hair then." She stopped over for while to remove her ponytail and let her hair down. She flipped her hair to her left side. "Ah, this is more like it." She continued towards her destination while humming her favorite girl group snsd's gee.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two lovely ladies were on the bathroom preparing themselves for the day ahead of them. The shorter blonde haired girl was half asleep brushing her teeth. While the not really tall red haired girl but taller than the blonde was inside the shower. The shower glass was see through so the one inside was able to see what the blonde girl was up to.

 

"Yah Jess! Wake up now would you?! Look at where you're brushing your toothbrush!" The girl inside the shower yelled to the girl outside.

 

"Huh? What? Oh, thanks Tiff." Jessica replied as she noticed that she was brushing around her cheeks. "Yawn. I'm still so sleepy.  Can't you do the interviews by yourself Tiff? I still want to sleep some more." She complained as she put the toothbrush back inside .

 

Tiffany wiped through the glass so she could see properly because the steam was covering it. "I told you Jess that I have an errand for mom to run. I won't be there when the interview starts. But sure I'll definitely switch with you once I get back."

 

 

Jessica let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks Tiff. I guess I'm going to setup a date with my bed this afternoon."

 

"Geez, even though you're the older one I'm doing everything for you." Tiffany replied.

 

"Well that's because you're an awesome s-, what the heck Tiff?!"

Turned out Tiffany was cupping her s from inside her shirt. "When did you get your hands inside?!"

 

"Hihihi, that's for talking to me with your eyes closed. That's for lowering your guard unnie!" Tiffany replied. She took out her hands and instead wrapped her unnie in a back hug. "You'll do fine Jess. You always do." She said cheering on her sister.

 

 

Jessica was touched with Tiffany's cheering. She gave her sister a pat on the head, then she stripped her clothes to take a shower. "Don't forget to get me something yummy."

 

 

"Okay. I'm going to change now and then I'm off. See you later Jess."

 

 

"Okay later Tiff."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9:00 AM Alarm!!!!!

*snooze

9:15AM Alarm!!!!!

*snooze

9:20 AM Alarm!!!!!

*sn-

 

 

"Yeonnie stop placing the alarm into a snooze! You have to wake up now! A girl with pink streaks came into the room to wake up the one sleeping soundly in bed.

"We have to get ready for the interview!"

 

"Ugh... Let me sleep some more Irene... I want to sleeppp..."

 

"Must I always drag you to the bathroom so you'd actually get up?"

 

The girl on the bed grinned lazily. "Uhuhh..."

 

 

"Aish! Yeonnie I'm not doing that today since I have to prepare myself too! If you're not prepared when I'm done, I'm gonna remove the air-conditioning from your room for the whole summer!" Irene warned then she barged into her room.

 

 

"Pfft.. Our Irene is so cute when she gets mad." Taeyeon said to herself as she got up to prepare as well.

 

Irene finally finished preparing so she made her way to the living room. "Yeonnie if you're not he-. Oh, you're done." She saw Taeyeon sitting down on the couch smiling at her.

 

 

"Of course. I'm not crazy to let you remove the AC from my room especially its summer." Taeyeon said as she meronged at the younger girl. She smiled as she offered her hand to Irene. "Come on let's go."

 

“Okay Yeonnie! Oh wait, I almost forgot my cupcake! There, let’s go!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[At the cafe]

 

Jessica started to line-up chairs around the entrance for the applicants to sit on. “So much work. Tiffany needs to come back soon.” Just then her mom walked in the café bringing omelet and toasted bread. “Jessie, eat something before you start the interview. You’re going to need lots of energy to survive the day knowing it’s you doing the interview.” Her mom joked at her as she handed the tray with food. Jessica started to eat as she loves anything her mom makes for her.

“Thank you for the food mother dear!” She gave her thanks to her mom and gave her a tight hug as well. The entrance bell rang which meant applicants must have started to arrive.

“I guess it’s time for me to get to work mom. I’ll pick the best people so that we’ll have this café up and running in no time!”

 

Jessica walked out of the kitchen and was overwhelmed when she saw that there were at least 20 applicants. “Hul, I guess I’m going to have my ice princess game on then to sort out the best amongst these people. “First applicant, please come in!”

 

--After 20 applicants—

 

“OMG, I can’t believe I actually rejected 20 applicants. Well it’s their fault for not passing my standards. It’s not like it’s so hard to at least know how to greet in English properly. Some were dressed like they were going to the beach. I understand that its summer but they’ll be working inside an air-conditioned café!” Jessica mumbled to herself as she waited for more applicants to reject, I mean, interview.

 

Just when all hope seems to have faded away from Earth; a beautiful lady in a bike came in. It was like a shampoo commercial wherein the actress enters the scene and flips her hair to the back with authority. Then another two fine girls entered the café. They seemed like they were diligent and seemed to be easy to work with. The other one seemed to be holding a cupcake box.

 

“Gosh, please let these people be the ones we’re looking for.” Jessica looked up as if she was praying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So that was the first chapter! How did you guys like it? Doesn't it seem like one character is missing in this one? :P

Feel free to comment your thoughts!