Chapter 5

Highschool Cafe

Wendy finally stopped on her tracks after running almost a mile away from the café. She was panting very hard since it has been a long time since she ran. Her phone then suddenly rang.

 

 "Hello unnie? Have you gone to the mall yet?" Joy asked from the other line.

 

"Nope, not yet but I'm on my way there. I just need to get the car first then I'll be on my way. Do you need something else?" Wendy asked as she walked towards the parked blue sports car.

 

"Ane, I just wanted to remind you to get me some nail polish." Joy replied.

 

"Oh okay. I will. I'm already in the car so I'll see you later. Bye!" Wendy replied as she ended the call and put the car into gear.

 

 

Wendy immediately went to the department store to get some hangers and nail polish as she arrived at the mall. It didn't take her that long so she decided to go grab something to eat for her and Joy.

 

She found an ice cream shop with a mascot standing outside. "Woah! That bear is soo cute!" If you consider that the bear was kinda short and small then definitely it was cute. Wendy ordered some to go. Before she left, she decided to take a selca with the bear. The bear seemed it liked the idea because it wrapped it's short arms around Wendy as she took the picture. "Thank you for taking the picture with me Ms. Bear! See you again someday!" Wendy said as she left to go home.

 

 

Soon after Wendy left, the bear went to the back of the store to refresh herself. She took of the costume and took a towel to wipe herself since she was drenched in sweat from the hot costume. "That girl was funny. Wonder if I'll see her again." She said as she finished her bottled water and put the costume back on again.

 

 

 

--------------------------

Ever since Yoona got home, she has been mopping around her bed thinking about what happened today between her and Jessica.

 

"Aish! Why did I get sleepy earlier? I'm usually good in managing my sleepiness. Now I've left a bad impression on my boss. Good thing Tiffany was the one that interviewed us or else I surely would have been rejected. Whatever! I just have to it up and show her that I am hardworking and not lazy. You can do this Im Yoona! Aja!"

 

~grumble

 

"But first I need to fill my stomach. I haven't had anything since this morning. Oma! Is the food ready yet? I'm hungry!" Yoona called to her mom.

 

"Pabo. Of course you'd be hungry. Come on down now." Her mom replied.

 

 

"Yey FOOD!" Yoona exclaimed as she ran down the stairs.

 

 

 

----------------------------

 

"Yeonnie! Dinner is ready come down now!" Irene called Taeyeon.

 

The two sat down the dining table opposite of each other. "I'm really happy we got the job unnie. I can ffinally do what I like the most and get paid for it!" Irene said as she munched a spoonful.

 

"Yah. Don't talk while you're eating. But yeah. I'm happy too. The people we're going to work with seem pretty cool and friendly. You should go and give Wendy a call. She seems really friendly you know. I think you guys will get along just fine." Taeyeon replied as she took a mouthful herself.

 

"Yeah. Maybe I should after we eat." Irene replied.

 

 

AAfter eating Taeyeon went to the kitchen to do the dishes. Irene went straight to her room. "Hello? Wendy"? Irene finally got the courage to call her work partner. " Hi! Sorry but this isn't her. It's her sister, Joy. Unnie is currently taking a shower. Do you wanna leave a message?" Joy turned out to be the one to answer the phone. "Uhm just tell her I called and that we'll talk about our menus tomorrow. Thank you. Bye." Irene said as she Hung up.

 

 

"Did you give Wendy a call yet?" Taeyeon asked as she entered Irene's room.

 

"Yeah, but she was still taking a shower. Her sister answered her phone." Irene replied.

 

"At least you called her. Well then I'm off to bed. Good night!" Taeyeon said as she walked to her room.

 

"Good night Yeonnie."

 

 

------------------

 

Tiffany walked out of the café to check the newly installed signboard. She yawned as she was still sleepy. "Why did they have to install the signboard this early?!" She sighed. "Coz we're opening in 2 hours silly. Do you want them to install it when we open?" Jessica said as she walked out of the café to also check on the signboard.

 

 

"HHul unnie. How are you even awake and *sniff2* even showered at this time?!" Tiffany surprised asked her sister.

JJessica shot her an icy look for even asking that question. All of her family members know how much she cherishes her sleep. "It's the first day of work of course we need to get ready early." She replied while crossing her arms.

 

Tiffany replied with her naughty eyesmile as if she was trying to imply something. "You sure you're not trying to look good in front of what was her name again? Hmm... Oh yeah, Yoona!"

 

 

"Yah Tiffany!" Jessica yelled as she tried to slap Tiffany but she missed.

 

 

"Merong! You check things here okay uunnie? I'll go in and take a shower." Tiffany said as she zoomed inside just in case her sister would try to get her.

 

 

"Yah!"

 

 

"Miss, is the signboard placed alright?" The workman asked Jessica just in time before she could jump at Tiffany.

 

"HHuh? Oh yeah. Thank you. We can put the remaining signboards inside ourselves. Here's the pay. Thank you again." Jessica said as she finished her business outside and went inside.

 

8:00 AM

 

Jessica looked at the clock. "They should be coming in anytime soon. Wonder who will be the first one to show up." She thought. She continued putting on the signs. "Aish, this one is slanted." As she pulled the sign off a face looking into the glass startled her. "What the heck?!" She looked closer to check who it was. It turned out to be Taeyeon. She was smiling widely into the glass as if she was pleased with Jessica's reaction. "What are you doing?" Taeyeon asked through the glass. Although her words weren't really audible, Jessica was able to make out what she was saying. She replied but gesturing that she was putting on the signboards on. She then realized that she was tricked as Taeyeon was laughing outside.

 

 

"We're here!" Irene yelled as she walked inside. "Jessie what are you doing there?" She asked as she saw Jessica doing the gestures.

 

"You're not going to get away with this Taeyeon." Jessica mumbled before she turned to Irene with a smile on her face. "Hi. Good thing you guys are here."

 

"Are there more signs to put up? Yeonnie and I can help you with that." Irene said. Just then Yoona walked in and shortly after Wendy arrived as well. Taeyeon also came in after the rest were settled inside.

 

"No. No. You and Wendy do your thing inside with Tiff. Taeyeon and YYoona can help me here outside since we work in this area anyways.

 

So Irene aand Wendy made their way to the kitchen where they were met by Tiffany. "Oh you guys are here. That's good." Tiffany said as she gave each one a hug. Irene returned the hug casually but Wendy kind of froze which made Tiffany want to more by patting her head too. "Youre too cute Wendy." Tiffany said letting go of the stunned girl.

"Are Taeyeon and Yoona here as well?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Yeah. I came with Yeonnie." Irene replied.

 

"Yoona's here too. She arrived before me." Wendy replied. "Jessica had us come in here to prepare while Taeyeon and Yoona help her setup outside.

 

Tiffany took a peek outside. "She just wants them both for herself." She naughtily said. Irene became flustered from what she said. "Anyways, let's all go to our stations and prepare for our opening. Setup your stuffs and we'll have a briefing 30 mins before we open. Let's go prepare!" Tiffany said and all three of them dispersed to work on their workplace.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I guess you guys can always count for a new chapter to come out when I need to ride the BART back and forth. lol Anyways Just basically a continuation of what happend in the previous chapter. Store is finally going to open and it will feature guest appearances from other girl group members! And there's an easter egg character included in this chapter! Wohooo!!! This week's perf from Red Velvet are just amazing won't you guys agree? There are rumors how this group might just be a sub-unit. Althought this MIGHT be plausible, I personally am satisfied with the group and it's kinda weird to have a yellow, blue or whatever else velvet when you have yellow for Seulgi, Blue for Wendy, Pink for Irene and Green for Joy don't you guys think? I just feel people can't get over their comfort zones with SM not releasing a bigger group. Then again, if this were to come true, I'll still support the new members if ever but I guess I'll end up being biased with the first four. Next! Finally a confirmation from SM regarding a TTS comeback! Hurraay!!! <3

Edit: I didn't notice that I didn't unclick the draft box when I published it. This should have been out since yesterday. Anyways, I hope you guys like the chapter and feel free to comment!