Chapter 3

Highschool Cafe

Thanks to Tiffany's super fast pedaling of her bike, Wendy and her got to the café in no time.

 

It was apparent that Wendy never expected that she was going to ride a bike, a very fast one to say the least. She looked like she was about to throw up (although that might be an exaggeration) but her main concern was if her cupcakes were still in one piece after that rollercoaster of a ride. She immediately checked the box the placed between her stomach and Tiffany's back.

 

"Oh thank god that the cupcakes are okay." Wendy exclaimed.

 

Tiffany got down from the bike and immediately fixed her hair. She then noticed Wendy checking the box out so she took a peek to see what was so important.

 

 

"Cupcakes! Red Velvet cupcakes! Nyaa~ they look so delicious! Can I have some?!" Tiffany squealed at the sight of the cupcakes.

 

 

Wendy smiled because Tiffany complimented her cupcakes. She thought that it was really right that she made and brought some extras. "Uhuh! I have some extras. You can have some!" She replied as she handed Tiffany a cupcake.

 

 

"Yey! Thank you! But why are you carrying around a bunch of cupcakes?" Tiffany asked as she helped herself to some cupcake goodness.

 

 

"You see I'm trying to apply for a job in this shop. They're about to open and they need someone who can make pastries. I thought that I might have a higher chance of getting hired if I brought some samples of my own tee-hee. I wasn't sure how many people consist the management so I decided to make some extras just in case." Wendy answered flashing the tip of her tongue out.

 

 

"Really?" Tiffany asked. But inside she was already giggling because it seems like she found a really good pastry maker. The taste of the red velvet cupcakes were no joke. She just hopes Jessica hasn't hired the two that they need yet. Then again, she has rejected 20 applicants now so it might not be a problem.

 

 

"Uhuh. Well, uhm... I guess this is goodbye? I hope to see you again soon! I'm going in now. Nice meeting you Tiffany!" Wendy bid her goodbye not knowing what was about to happen.

 

 

"Oh uhm... I think I need to use the restroom. I'm sure they have one so I'll go in with you too." Tiffany replied with a big mischievous smile on her face.

 

 

"Well, I guess you can do that. Let's go in then." Wendy replied.

 

 

Tiffany and Wendy made their way inside the café. Wendy looked around and saw that there were only 3 people inside. She wondered if they were the only ones who wanted the job.

 

 

"Yah! What took you so lo-" Jessica went straight towards the two as she called out for Tiffany. Wendy looked so confused because someone was yelling towards their direction. Tiffany was so quick to react that she immediately covered Jessica's mouth before she could even finish her sentence.

 

 

"Ha ha ha. Sorry ma'am but can I use the restroom?" Tiffany said out loud as she moved closer to Jessica. "Sssh unnie, just help me go get changed and don't talk about me in front of this girl until I comeback. And oh, don't interview her too. I want to do it." Tiffany whispered.

 

 

Jessica was now confused with what's going on. Nonetheless she pretended that she didn't know Tiffany and pointed to her the direction of the restroom. Tiffany rushed to the restroom after.

 

 

"Sorry about my friend. She must have really needed to use the restroom. My name is Wendy and I'm here for the interview. I'm applying for the pastry chef position and I brought some samples. "Wendy said to Jessica.

 

 

Jessica then understood what was going on. So she just told Wendy to wait for a while and to take a seat with the other three girls. She looked towards their direction and realized that Wendy and the other girl had streaks on their hair. Blue for Wendy and pink for the other girl.

"Hul. They look like twins with those streaks."

 

 

Apparently Irene heard what Wendy said. "Unnie, that girl is applying for the same position as me and she brought some samples too." She nervously whispered to Taeyeon.

 

 

Taeyeon looked at her amazed how different Irene's personality is when dealing with other people. She gets shy and nervous easily. That she doesn't do well with people she doesn't know. "Don't worry, I'm sure you're cupcakes are better." Taeyeon whispered back to Irene.

 

 

To Taeyeon's right side was Yoona. She's starting to get sleepy as she has been waiting for a while now and she hasn't really been doing anything but sit and wait. The exchange of whispers between Taeyeon and Irene must have awakenll her a bit as she stood up and walked towards Jessica.

 

 

"Excuse me. Why aren't you continuing the interviews yet?" She asked Jessica with almost half closed eyes that made Jessica annoyed.

 

 

"My sister will continue the interview. I suggest you wash your face to keep yourself awake. She'll be here soon.

 If I was interviewing you I would reject you for acting like that." Jessica coldly replied.

 

 

Yoona snapped back to reality after hearing Jessica's cold words. She knew she was at fault for acting like that in front of her potential employer. She bowed down and said sorry. She then went to the restroom to wash up like Jessica advised. "Such a bad first impression you did there Yoon." Yoona said to herself.

 

 

Jessica went to the manager's office and made herself comfortable on the couch. She was pretty annoyed with Yoona's actions. "Pfft. Guess looks can really be deceiving." Tiffany then walked out of her room. You might be wondering why she has her own room in an office. That's because the café is actually an extension to their villa. It isn't obvious because they placed a hallway and a garden between the cafe and the villa proper that no one would actually think that it's all part of the same thing. So the manager's office is just actually their living room.

 

 

"Okay Jess. I'm ready. I'll be back with workers unlike you scaring them away." Tiffany teasingly said to Jessica. "Whatever. None of them met my standards anyways so I don't feel guilty for turning them away." Jessica annoyingly replied. "And oh, better act lively or else you'll bore that tallest applicant out there. She seemed sleepy and uninterested." She added.

 

 

"Eyyy. Well that's partly your fault. You should have told them to just go on a break than have them wait inside the cafe and don't worry because I'm not boring like unnie." Tiffany said.

 

 

"Yah! I'm not boring! I just have high standards! Jessica replied back.

 

 

"If you say so Jessie~" Tiffany answered as she walked to the café.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting! Let's start the interview shall we?" Tiffany exclaimed as she stood in front of the four remaining applicants. She shot a special eye-smile to Wendy whose eyes were now practically wide open from shock.

 

 

"OMG"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I ran out of things to do this afternoon after I finished packing so I thought why not write a new chapter? XD So now all of our beloved MCs are in one place! I was like laughing in my room when I imagined what could have been Wendy's face when Tiffany announced the interviews to start. More Wendy and Tiffany interaction in this chapter with a tiny bit of Irene Taeyeon and a cold first impression between Jessica and Yoona. Do you guys think Jessica will make Yoona's life miserable if she's accepted?

Off topic: Any RV fans here? You guys should watch the recent radio interview of RV because Seulgi just did a very cute pikachu voice imitation IMO. <3