Chapter 4

Highschool Cafe

"Sorry to have kept you guys waiting! If everyone is ready then let's proceed with the interview. And oh, Miss?" Tiffany announced as she turned to Yoona.

 

"Im Yoona." Yoona replied with her name.

 

"I think my sister has taken an odd liking on you." Tiffany told Yoona teasingly with a grin.

 

Yoona was confused with what Tiffany had just said but she then realized that it must have been referring to that blonde girl who told her to get a grip of herself. She just faintly replied thank you because she didn't really know what to say.

 

On the other hand, Wendy was still shocked to see that Tiffany was going to be the one to interview them. As the applicants made their way towards Tiffany, Wendy paused and whispered, "What’s happening? Why are you the one doing the interview?"

Tiffany didn't reply but she shot Wendy with her eye smile.

 

Meanwhile Irene started to mumble again to Taeyeon. "Unnie, it seems like those two know the owners. What do I do? She'll surely be the one that will be accepted for the pastry postion."

 

Taeyeon shook her head while looking at Irene. "I told you to be confident. That eye smiling girl doesn't look like she's a biased person. Besides your cupcakes are perfect. I should be more concerned since that other girl is tall and pretty. Oh whatever, I'll still give it my best."

 

Tiffany sat down in front of the four applicants. She looked at them carefully to catch some first impression. She noticed that the girl with pink streaks also brought something so she assumed she was after the same position as Wendy. She looks capable but shy at the same time. If her sample is as good as Wendy then she'll surely be accepted because well she has pink streaks too and Tiffany loves pink.

 

She then moved her gaze towards the shortest girl among the bunch. It didn't seem like there was something special with her but she looks strong willed. There's also something with her that just makes Tiffany to want to get to know her.

 

She then looked at Wendy. We'll there's nothing much to look since she's practically accepted because those red velvet cupcakes were just that delicious.

 

She looked at Yoona and just saw a pretty face. It doesn't look like she's had that much experience working but she looks like she could easily catch on stuff.

 

 

After scanning everyone, Tiffany called out Irene and Wendy. "It seems like the two of you are after the pastry chef position,yes?" Tiffany asked the two. "Yes." The two replied.

"Well then I can see that you guys took the initiative to bring some samples. That must mean that you guys are confident with your skills. As I have already tasted this applicant's sample, referring to Wendy, can you miss Irene ( looking at the resume) take out your sample for tasting?"

 

Irene nodded and nervously took out the cupcake and handed it to Tiffany. Her gaze was totally locked at Tiffany to see her reaction hoping that she would like it.

 

 

Tiffany did her best to keep a PokerFace since the cupcake tasted really good. She didn't show any reaction after finishing it. "Okay. You two are hired!" She happily exclaimed while she shook Irene and Wendy's hands. "I'm so glad that I bumped into you earlier and that we'll be working together from now on." She said to Wendy. "And Irene, I love those streaks by the way. She said to Irene.

 

Irene and Wendy couldn't contain their excitement after hearing that they were hired that they unconsciously hugged each other. Guess it didn't feel that awkward since they're basically working together now.

 

"Don't you two look cute together with those streaks. I hope to taste more delicious stuff from you guys!" Tiffany concluded as she asked Yoona and Taeyeon to take a seat. It was now their turn.

 

 

"Well now that the pastry chef positions are taken all that's left are the general positions. You won't have a fixed positio but will rotate around being a cashier and serving food according to the need. Are you guys okay with that?" Tiffany asked Yoona and Taeyeon and they nodded in agreement. "Okay then! You two are hired! Now we're officially staffed let's start by getting to know each other! Let me call my unnie first."

 

 

"Unnie?!" All four were shocked as Tiffany called Jessica her unnie. Although Jessica seemed more imposing, Tiffany looked more responsible and reliable.

 

 

"Hahaha. You guys are funny. She's not that much of an unnie really. It's only a year apart. She may look like a snobby cold hearted person, which she "sometimes" is, she's actually really warm and "soft" ( whoever gets this is amazing xD) Tiffany said to the group while she dialed Jessica's phone, which turned out to be unnecessary because the older blonde popped out of nowhere.

 

"Yah! What do you mean by soft? I'm not a softie!" Jessica protested as she sat down beside her sister.

She cleared and her aura suddenly changed to something more likeable. "Hey guys. I guess I have to introduce myself properly. My name is Jessica. You can call me Jessie or sica but please never unnie." She introduced herself with a smile that looked like a threat at the same time. "Let's all get along okay? I'll mostly be in charge with managing the café. And oh, I'm entering my senior year this year!" She finished.

 

"I'll also be in my senior year!" All five of them responded including Tiffany.

 

"Woah"

"Amazing"

 

"I guess all of us will be together when school starts. So let's work hard together this summer and work hard together in school when it starts!

 

 

"Okay!" All of them agreed happily except for Jessica who didn't seem like she cared that much about being together.

 

"Guess that's everything for today. We start work first thing tomorrow. We open at 9am so be here around 8am to setup the café. I'll see you guys tomorrow!

 

The girls started to leave one by one. Yoona was the first one to leave. Taeyeon and Irene were about to leave when Wendy approached them.

 

"Hi Irene. I hope to work well with you. Here have some cupcake. You too Taeyeon unnie." Wendy said to them as she handed one cupcake for each one. "Can I also get your number?

It would be nice if we plan what we're going to make for the day or maybe even plan a weekly menu instead of a daily one." She added.

 

Irene was now looking so flustered as she didn't know how to respond to Wendy so she just nodded everytime Wendy said something. "Uhm sure... Here's my number. I hope to work well with you too!" Irene said to Wendy then she bolted out the café.

 

 

Taeyeon just laughed at the shy Irene bolting out. "She's really shy around new people you know. Don't worry once you guys get closer she'll seem like a different person. Thanks for the cupcake by the way. Guess we'll see you tomorrow! Bye." Taeyeon explained and bid her goodbye.

 

 

Wendy bid her goodbye as well. She was about to leave too when Tiffany jumped from her back covering her eyes. "Hiiii! Hihihi... Guess you didn't see that coming huh?" Tiffany playfully said to her.

 

"Which part? You pretending to help me or you turning out to be my employer? Pfft." Wendy replied with a pout looking away from Tiffany.

 

Tiffany followed her gaze as she said sorry in the cutest way possible. "Heyy.. Don't get upset. I never pretended to help you because I actually wanted to help you. Trust me when I say your cupcakes are the ones that landed you the job. And I never meant to mislead you. I just wanted to surprise you. Don't get upset Wendy. Okay? Here my apology."

 

"Mwaaah" Tiffany landed a smack on Wendy's cheeks which made her blush as red as a red velvet ( exaggerated xD). Wendy didn't say anything but instead just nodded signifying that she won't get upset anymore.

 

 

"Yey! Okay go ahead now. I might not make you leave if you don't go now. Merong~" Tiffany teased some more.

 

 

Wendy was about to reach her limits that's why she just decided to zoom out.

 

 

Tiffany was laughing while she looked at Wendy running out. Jessica stood next to her and did her revenge. She grabbed Tiffany's s just like what she did to her this morning. "Revenge is sweet sister dear." Tiffany just stood there as if Jessica wasn't touching her somewhere. "Sheeesh. Guess someone's smitten by the girl with blue streaks." Jessica gauntly said as she removed her hands and embraced Tiffany instead.

 

"Huh? Well…" Tiffany replied with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I think this is the 3rd or fourth update of the week? Goes to show that I'm not busy yet, but this will change come next week when school starts. Still look forward though to a chapter every week. :3 What did you guys think about the interactions in this chapter? Can you guess what Tiffany was referring to as "soft"? XD Hope you like the chapter! I'm gonna take a day's worth of sleep now! Finally landed back on California. :3