Introductions

Highschool Cafe

Yoona:

 I have always hated summer. Not because it gets too hot, but because I run out of things to do. I’m the type to dedicate all of my attention to something that needs to be done that’s why I end up finishing my tasks right away. Because of that, I’ve always been the top student in my class. When school returns this fall, I’ll be in my senior year. I guess that’s why I decided to get a part-time job to save up some cash to use for this semester. That and so that I’ll finally have something to do.

 

A coffee shop just opened around my neighborhood and they are looking for some workers. I decided to apply for the job since its location is pretty convenient for me not having to spend for transportation since I can just ride my bike to the café from home. I would say that I was 95% confident that I would get the job because of my work ethic and well, because I’m Im Yoona, one of the goddesses of RM High. I kept it at 95% so I wouldn’t sound so conceited but I guess that last part took that purpose out. I never expected anything out of this job so I guess the chain of events that followed definitely took me by surprise.

 

 

Jessica:

 

My life has become a mess ever since my mom and dad’s divorce. I couldn’t forgive my dad for hurting my mom, my siblings and I. I’ve always thought of our family as a happy and loving one. Although Tiffany, Krystal and I were brought up practically having everything that we wanted given to us, we were never the type to act like such spoiled brats because of the convenience that we have. We were taught by our parents to always be sensitive towards others and not flaunt what we have. But ever since our parents’ separation, I have seen myself change into something despicable. Okay before you think of stuff like drugs, alcohol or ers, I’m going to cut that imagination right now. What I meant was that I have never taken a relationship seriously ever since the divorce. Tiffany and I decided to stay with our mother while Krystal stayed with our dad. So we went with her back to South Korea when she decided to just live there.

 

My mom decided to open a coffee shop so my sister and I are working as managers since we know a thing or two about making coffee… Our dad loved to drink our hand-brewed coffee. But I guess that’s all in the past. Today’s the day that we start interviewing applicants. I thought it would just be some normal work day, but boy I was wrong.  Not to mention the crazy thing that happened when school started.

 

 

Tiffany:

 

Hmm… I guess Jessica has already talked about our current situation so there’s nothing much for me to talk about. Oh wait! I haven’t talked about myself yet! Oh but don’t start thinking that I’m some narcissistic person, although I am pretty confident with my looks. *wink* Let’s see, I’m a couple months younger than Jessie but I think I act a bit more mature. I’d say I’m pretty popular amongst the guys and even girls as well. I guess that’s because of both my beauty and brains. I’m going to admit that I’m such a nerd when I have to be one. But I guess that just adds up to my awesome resume. I’ll be working as the main chef because I make awesome American style sandwiches and pastas. I almost forgot that we were interviewing applicants today. Good thing I bumped into this girl named Wendy. She just moved to Korea just like me. She probably saw our flyers and was asking around the neighborhood where our café is. I think we’ll be getting along just fine. *wink*

 

Taeyeon:

 

You know what the most when you’re supporting yourself while in high school? You have to look for a decent job that pays decent money that isn’t located miles away from your home or else you’re just burning your income with transportation expenses. Sigh, but I guess I’m lucky that Irene is around or else I probably would be sleeping on the streets right now. You guys might be wondering why I’m supporting myself. It’s quite a long story so I’ll just let that unravel as our story goes by, okay? I don’t consider myself as a very hardworking student. My grades aren’t that high, just decent enough to enter the top 100 of our batch. Again if it weren’t for Seulgi always telling me to get my act right, I probably wouldn’t be working this hard. It’s frustrating that someone 2 years younger than me is acting more responsible than me. But at the end of the day, I’m just thankful to have someone like her around.

 

Summer has finally come and I’m pretty much anticipating Irene coming into my room saying that she has found us a summer job. And she actually did find a pretty decent one. I found it more comfortable since the flyer said that it would be all girls that will be accepted and that the people running the café are also girls. Alas, this proves again that Irene is the responsible one.

Wendy:

 

Ever since I was little, I have always wanted to visit South Korea. I’ve heard a lot of wonderful things about the country from my grandmother. I guess it also helps that I’m basically Korean. I was so excited when my parents told me that they’ve accepted jobs from a big hospital in Seoul. They asked me if I wanted to come and of course I said YES! They warned me that I won’t be seeing them that much since they’ll be spending most of their time in the hospital while our actual house is far from it. I told them that I’m pretty used to it now and that it I think it’s also great because I can start becoming independent. You guys might think that I might harbor something bad because my parents are always busy but I understand them 100%. I guess I’m just this kind of girl, always happy.

 

After we got settled, I walked around the neighborhood and saw a flyer from a newly opened café looking for workers. To my delight they are looking for people who can make pastries. Gosh, I love making cakes, cupcakes and the likes. Since I’m new to the neighborhood, I had to ask around where the café is located. Good thing I bumped to one of its owners, Tiffany. I think she’s very pretty and kind. I found out that they’ve also just moved and that they speak mostly English which made it even easier to converse with her. We made our way to the café. I can’t wait till work starts. I hope to meet people who will also be going to the same school as me next semester.

 

 

Irene:

 

Alas, summer has finally arrived. It’s time to look for a job for Taeyeon unnie and I. Although Taeyeon unnie is older than me, I just cannot stop myself from acting like the older one. She’s just too carefree with life. Ever since the accident… oops! I think I was about to talk about something that I shouldn’t be the one to talk about it. So anyways, after “that”, Taeyeon unnie has been living with me. We kind of share living expenses which make living together very smooth. Unnie seems like a rough person in the outside but once you get to know her, you’ll find that she’s very sweet, loving and affectionate.

 

I was scrolling around our neighborhood website and saw a posting for a newly opened café. The pay and the working conditions seemed great so I immediately told unnie so that we would be able to prepare our resumes for the interview. I’m so glad that they need someone to do pastries. I love pastries. I especially love red velvet cakes and cupcakes. I swear if someone makes one on the spot for me. I’ll give that person a kiss to remember!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: This chapter is basically just an overview of the character's profiles. Did their profiles pique your interest? I hope you'll enjoy this fic! Feel free to comment your thoughts about the fic! I wish to be conversational with my readers so I guess one of the most important question is... Who do you think is paired with whom?:P Comment away your thoughts if you like!