I'm dead?

This time

Amber's pov

“Stop!!! I told you I’m not insane remember????” I shouted while struggling to break away from the nurses who are pinning me down on the bed.

“Don’t worry little girl, it won’t hurt to have a little checkup ….”The doctor said while giving me his disgusting smile.

“No, seriously, I’m okay. And I’m not a LITTLE GIRL!!! For God sake, I told you that before didn’t I?? I AM YI YUN!!” I said while emphasizing my real name.

“Doctor, is her sickness serious??” This woman who claims to be my/Amber’s mom asked the doctor while looking sad.

“I think she might have dissociative identity disorder. The cause is still unknown….. I don’t think it is because of the car accident….Sorry to ask this ma’am, but do you…like abuse her or something??” I can see him asking awkwardly.

“No way!!! I will never do that!!!” My so called ‘mom’ screamed which shocked everyone.

“I’m sorry ma’am, sure you didn’t. Sorry for asking a bonus question.” The doctor uttered before turning back to me. “And you little girl… Do you perhaps know Mr. Yi Yun??”

“Wait doctor, does this person exist??” The so called ‘mom’ asked with widened eyes.

“Yes, he was the driver that almost hit your daughter….”

“Wait!! This gir…… I mean I’m the little kiddo who rushed out the road when I-Yi Yun was driving??” I asked shockingly. The doctor and my so called ‘mom’ looked and me strangely.

“You can say that…” The doctor responded while still giving me a weird look.

“Where is my body…..Gosh, I mean Yi Yun’s body now?” I know I asked a strange question and it sounded like I’m/Yi Yun's dead since they’re giving me really weird looks. If my soul is here, then who’s in my body? This Amber girl??

“How did you know Mr. Yi Yun passed away??” He questioned me curiously. Wait, did he just said that I died?? “He smashed into a lightning pole after avoided you. And you hit you head when you fell backwards due to the impact when he turned his car. He was gone by the time they sent him to the hospital.”

I’m dead?? How can that be?!! Then why is my soul in this little kid’s body? Is it because God gave me a second chance? I felt a slight pain on my forearm before falling into a deep sleep. When I woke up, I realized that few pair of eyes are watching beside me. I turned around only to see my so called ‘mom’, a man and a young girl.

The helped me to sit up and handed me a glass of water.

“Do you remember me?” The man started talking in Korean and I really don’t understand what he’s talking about.

“Honey, you need to speak in English since she somehow forgotten how to speak in Korean.” So called ‘mom’ spoke to the man in Korean.

“How could that possibly be?? Before this she don’t even know how to say ‘how are you’ and ‘I am fine’, how could she only speak English now??” Okay, I seriously don’t understand what this man is talking about except the ‘how are you’ and the ‘I am fine’. What are they talking about??? I learned that the man is 'Amber's' father and the young girl is her older sister by observing them.

After a while of arguing, they finally calmed down and turned to me while giving me their warmest smile.

“Amber, we think this is kinda serious now.” So called ‘mom’ finally spoke to me in English.

“We will have to move back to Korea since you were born and lived a great 10 years there before we moved here, you would possibly be better there right?” The man said in English while caressing my face.

“Korea?” I asked while tilting me head.

“Yup, you don’t remember huh?? We moved here last month. Before this we used to live in South Korea.” So called ‘mom’ answered.

Korea…..That means I might have a tiny bits of chance of seeing her….. But before this, I need to do something…..

“Erm…Mom??” I called her weirdly. She looked at me and she nodded her head signalling that I’m right calling her my mom. “Can I go somewhere before going back to Korea?” I begged and she looked at the man before nodding her head.

“Where do you wanna go darling?” She questioned while ruffling my long coal black hair. I reminded myself that it's normal to have long hair since I’m now a girl…..

 

 

“A funeral…..”