Encounter

My Choice, My Love

Eun Mi's POV:

"Eun Mi! Let's go to the movies tomorrow."

"I.... don't know," I reply to Amber, she looks so excited now. It has been a week since we started talking to each other but she has opened up so fast that is hard to believe that we barely know each other.

"Come on," she insists and I have no other option than to accept.

"Ok Amber, hmmm but after that you gotta go to my house and help me with my stuff. You know that I'm finally moving tomorrow and I have to put away all of my things."

"You have a lot of maids, don't they do it for you?" Amber asks me surprise to what I just told her.

"They will, if I let them, but those are my things and I want to arrange them the way I please."

"Wow! So you won't let them?"

"Of course not, now what is your answer?"

"I guess I have no other option, besides I will love to see your mansion." I just roll my eyes at that and then smile at her. Today I'm going to start practicing in the dance room after school and Amber asked to join me which made me really happy, the only ones who have seen me dance are my little sister and my nana. 

"Shall we go now?"

"Sure, just let me grab my things and I will catch up with you in a minute."

"Don't take too long ok," I say and started walking towards the exit and out to the corridor. I turn to look at the other end of the corridor because I thought I saw someone or something there but I see no one now. I keep on walking with small steps now and Amber quickly catches up to me. We walk to the dance room and once in there we do our homework first. 

"So where should we start?" 

"I don't know Amber, maybe I can show you what I like to dance and then you show me what you like, is that okay with you?"

"Perfecto," Amber's Spanish pronunciation is alright but I still smile every time she says something in Spanish. I think is nice of her, trying to learn my language and I also like it when she asks me about words to say. I decide to let Amber go first and see what kind of moves she knows. Her moves are perfect, at least the ones I know but there are many I haven't tried and look really awesome. 

"You're awesome!" I say running to her and jump into an embrace. 

"Thank you, now I would like to see yours."

"Mine aren't as half as good as yours but I will try my best," I say with a frown in my face but then I smile at her and start dancing to the music she plays for me. I love dancing, it always makes me forget about all my problems and hardships.

"You're perfectly in sync with the music, that's something that takes time to accomplish."

"I have been dancing for a very long time now but I still need more practice in some steps." 

"I don't think that's going to be any hard for you."

We start dancing to a song and fall in perfect sync with each other, I follow her lead and then she follows mine and end up creating an awesome dance for the song. We continue on like that until I hear a phone ring, I think is mine but now that I'm closer to my backpack I realize that is not mine's but Amber's. I turn to look at her but she is already next to me looking through her backpack. 

"Hello," she answers and I can hear the voice of an annoyed guy asking her where the heck she was.

"I'm in school.... okay I will be there in 15 minutes." That's all she says and now she turns to look at me. "I'm so dead Eun Mi, my parents are going to kill me. My dad has arrived home and is asking for me, my brother lied to him. He told him that he sent me to the store to buy something for him."

"Is it really that late?" I ask her not having check the hour on my phone when I took it out.

"Yes, my father is very strict and doesn't let me out late at night unless I'm with my brother or my mom."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that." 

"It's ok, this is my fault after all for not keeping an eye on the time."

"I can take you home if you want," I offer but she has that look on her face that says that she's not so sure. So I insist, "come on Amber, it will take you less time to get there." 

"Hmmm okay then, thanks."

"No need to, let my call Mr.Lee to see if he's here,but I'm pretty sure he is outside already waiting for me."

"Does he just comes and waits for you every day until you come out of school?"

"Not exactly every day, only when I ask him to or when my parents want me to go home early."

"Oh, shall we get going then?"

"Right, let's go now." We went outside and just like I said Mr. Lee was already waiting for me.

"Good... ah good night Miss Park," he said not really sure whether to say afternoon or night, but seeing the time he just decided to go with it.

"How is it going Mr. Lee?"

"Everything is fine Miss, time to go home?"

"Can we take my friend to her house first?"

"Whatever you want Miss."

"Thank you Mr. Lee."

Once inside the car I can sense Amber's nervousness and I feel so stupid because I can't do anything about it but hold her hand. Amber turns to look at me and smiles lightly. I wonder why she's so afraid of her dad, could it be that he hits her? A bunch of questions started flowing through my mind while Amber sits back and only nods every time Mr. Lee asks her if he's going the right way. 

"Here we are," Amber announced and I turn to look at the building she is pointing at, even though we're not too far from school this place is just too messy and old that it surprises me that a place like this exist so close to the wealthy community. I smile at the thought of rich people ever going through a place like this one, that would be so fun to see. Amber looks a little sad or embarrassed to show me the place where she lives but I smile at her and go out of the car with her.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to take you inside and explain to your father why you're late."

"Don't worry about it, I can handle this."

"Please Amber, let me do this for you."

"Alright, just let me warn you that my dad is a hot-tempered person."

"Got it, don't worry I'm not afraid of people like that." We walk in and take the stairs all the way up to the third floor of the building. Her apartment is the one all the way to the far end and we pass a lot of doors to get to it, but I'm just happy to finally have the chance to meet her parents. She opens the door and lets me in, I'm inside and I get surprise to see her house so clean and well arranged. I thought that because both her parents work the house would be a mess but not hers. 

"You're finally here, where have you been?" Someone sitting in the couch in front of the TV says and I know right away that it's Amber's father.

"I'm sorry dad, I stayed after school and I didn't kept track of time." Amber responds a little scared.

"That was my fault as well, I'm sorry," I say and bow to him even though he's not looking at me. I look up again and he's looking at me now with a questioning look on his face.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I say and bow to him.

"Who are you?" 

"She's Eun Mi, a friend from school." 

"So it was your fault that Amber is late from school?"

"Yes sir, I'm sorry, " I say and bow again.  I don't want him to think that I'm a disrespectful person. 

"No dad, it was all my fault, she just brought me home."

"Brought you home?"

"Yes, my chauffeur is waiting for me outside." Right when that last word came out of my mouth Amber's dad stood up from the couch, went up to me and smile.

"Oh you're a friend from school."

"Yes Mr. Liu," I say and bow to him. There's something about him that I don't like but I honestly don't know what. 

"Miss Park?! What are you doing here?" I recognize that voice and turn to find Mrs. Liu in the entrance.  

"I just brought Amber home, wait you're Amber's mother?"

"Yes she is my daughter, has she caused you any trouble?"

"What? No at all, Amber is my friend."

"Your friend?" She asks me and seems really surprised that her daughter is my friend. Mrs. Liu is the house cook and I have known her for a short period of time but I'm very fond of her because she always makes my favorite food. I never stopped to think about what kind of relationship she must have with Amber since they have the same last name, I just thought it was a coincidence.

"Wait, my mother works at your place? I 'm really sorry Eun Mi I should have told you who is the person paying for my studies."

"You mean my dad is the one paying for you to go to that school? To our school?" I ask her surprise since  I didn't know that my dad did that. 

After that I stayed for an hour or so and talked about how Amber and I became friends. I thought that I heard my phone and excused myself and left because my father was already looking for me, I forgot to tell him that I was going to be out with Amber. It was nice to be with her family for a bit but I did not got the chance to meet her older brother.

Next day:

"How much longer are you going to take Eun Mi?"

"Almost there Amber," I answer Amber who is waiting for me at the movie theater  while I'm on my way since it took me a little longer to go out of my house because of my father. He did not wanted to let me go out without my bodyguards which I think is stupid, I was so upset that at the end he let me go out without them being so close to me. They have to keep a close eye on me but at least they're going to be out of our sight. At last I'm only a block away from the theater and I already spotted Amber looking for me. 

"I'm here," I said running towards her.

"You took the longest."

"I'M SO SORRY, my dad kept me for a little but I'm here now. Shall we go in now?"

"Sure, let's go inside."

It tooks a while to decide what movie to watch, we bought some popcorn and nachos. The movie was funny and interesting, Amber couldn't stop laughing and that made me laugh a lot as well. 

"I think we should go shopping from here, I would like to see what kind of clothes you can buy Amber."

"Sure, you're going to be dissapointed though. I'm not that great at choosing the right clothes for the right time and so on."

"Oh don't worry because I'm just like you. I only dress like this because my mother is a fashion designer and always chooses my clothes. Isn't that funny?"

"No, I think that's awesome. I'm sorry to say this but my mother doesn't have a very good sense of style."

"That's nothing to worry about hehe."

"Anyways, let's just go."

"Alright let's go."

We walked for hours and went into many stores and tried on so many clothes that I even lost count. Amber looks really great in women clothes but she still prefers to dress as a guy and I don't mind that at all. Now we go into a coffee shop to buy something to drink.

"I'm going to use the restroom ok, wait for me right here," Amber says when we get to our table. 

"Okay." I see her turn the corner of the room and dissapear from my sight. I look around the shop and see that across from my table is a guy seating by himself, he's looking at me and somehow he looks familiar but I can't recognize him. I have a really bad memory, I stand from my chair and walk out of the shop. I see him stand as well and follow me through the street to the other side. I turn a corner and wait for him to come. As soon as he does I jump right infront of him, he looks surprised to see me infront of him.

"Who are you?" I ask him now that I have him infront of me. He doesn't say anything at all and only walks away from me. I start to follow but then I hear Amber calling for me and so I decide to go back to the cafe where I left her.